FIC: Two Worlds (Chapter 8: Darkness Falling)

hey all,
Well I got the flu and four days to my first final and so instead of
going of the books one more time I thought I ought to writing something and
here it is.
Cilia

Two Worlds
Cilia

Chapter 8: Darkness Falling

Buffy and Willow had decided to spent the day exploring the castle and it
was turning out to be a bit more difficult then they had expected
"I'm telling you Buffy! We are lost," Willow exclaimed.
"No were not, the big room with the armors is just around this
corner," Buffy said and as they turned into a large hall.
"The dinning hall," Willow muttered sarcastically.
"At least it's not the same one we walked into the last time,"
Buffy offered with a nervous smile.
"Why don't I just teleport us back?" Willow asked and raised her
hand.
"No," Buffy stated and grabbed Willow's hand, "we'll just find
our way back the old fashioned way," she said.
"You mean stubble around for hours?" Willow asked with a raised
eyebrow.
"Yep," Buffy exclaimed and leaned against the wall.
The next thing they knew they were spinning around and then came to a halt
with slam.
"Wills you okay?" Buffy asked.
"Think so," Willow stated as she fumbled around in the dark.
"Could you give us some light?" Buffy asked.
"Sure and by the way I hate trapdoors," Willow said and raised
her hand.
"Let there be light," she thundered.
"Being a little dram." Buffy's voice trailed off as she looked
over the place they had found themselves in.

Somewhere on the borders of the Kingdom of Elves Al'x walked over the burned
ground. Joyce stood at the edge of the forest clenching and unclenching her
fist as she desperately fought to control her rage. His troops were dead and
his mind flashed back to the moment the fight had broken out.
They had just broken clear of the edge of the great forest, they
had been traveling for a week and the moral was good, the elves had even
risked talking to Joyce. Then it came like a dark tidal wave a hoard goblins
and a few ogres. They appeared to be coming straight from the mountains in
the east. Still there was no logic to the charge, but they fought and his
troops were killed of one by one. Then Joyce had screamed, the fire within
her once again flared to life and the field was engulfed in flames. It had
spread out from the center of the battle in a great ball of fire that
engulfed both sides, only he had lived. His clothes burned of, revealing the
near impenetrable dragon hide armor underneath.
Al'x looked up at the red sky. It would be dark soon.
"Why!?" Joyce screamed.
Theris watched from where she floated on the wind above the burned battle
field.
Al'x had of course known about the high elf following them through the
forest since the night she had revealed herself to Joyce.
"Calm yourself Joyce," Theris said in her calm voice and gently
lowered herself to the ground.
"But I killed them?!" Joyce stated.
"No you didn't, we were the last three standing when you used
your flame," Theris explained calmly.
"How can you be so sure?" Joyce asked.
"Everything is connected and high elves sense that connection,"
Theris explained.
"So you knew they were dead?" Joyce asked and the fire in her
eyes fated.
"Yes and that there was nothing we could do for them," Theris
said in low voice.
"Are you both quite done," Al'x said in a firm voice.
Joyce looked at Theris, then over the high elves shoulder at Al'x and nodded
her head. She stood up and dusted off.
"Where to we go from here?" Joyce asked.
"We complete the mission," Al'x stated and looked to the
mountains.
"Great," Joyce muttered as she turned her gaze towards the
mountains.
"Lets get going then," the elf stated.
"Are elves always this." Joyce trailed off.
"They are not easily angered," Al'x stated.

Stjar'a sat on the branch of her favorite tree in the forest and dangled her
feet. There was a rustle of leaves as someone came jumping from branch to
branch.
"Star you here?" Cordelia called out as she landed in a tree
close by.
"Over here you Cordy," Stjar'a called out with a smile. That
little nickname had been invented last night after she had told her lover
the meaning of her name. She looked up when Cordelia gently landed on a
branch above her.
"You're getting good at this," Stjar'a commented.
"Still fall down though," Cordelia said and rubbed her butt.
"So any reason for you racing through the woods like that?"
Stjar'a asked.
"The king wants to see us," Cordelia explained as she allowed
her to drop down to Stjar'a's branch.
"Lets go then," Stjar'a stated and seemingly floated down to the
ground and landed without a sound, Cordelia followed with a little bit more
noise.
"Any details?" Stjar'a asked as they raced through the forest.
"None, but I've got a feeling that has something to do with
those raids we've been hearing about,"
"Have Al'x and Joyce reported back then?" Stjar'a asked.
"No, they were last seen heading towards the mountains in the
east," Cordelia answered.
"You really keep up with all the rumors don't you?" Stjar'a
asked.
"Want to hear what Amy and the King did last night?" Cordelia
asked with a grin as she increased her speed.
"No you don't," Stjar'a muttered and increased her speed.
"Hey," Cordelia shouted as a near blur streaked past her.
When Cordelia arrived at the doors leading into the throne room Stjar'a was
there leaning against the wall.
"Been here long?" Cordelia asked as she stole a kiss.
"Shorter then the last time," Stjar'a answered as she knocked on
the large doors. The doors opened to reveal King Vitor talking to his
advisors.
"Remember to kneel," Stjar'a whispered as they walk towards the
throne.
As they were halfway to the throne the doors burst open and soldier ran into
the throne room and ran passed them.
"Your highness," the man said and kneeled, "a group of dark
elves just appeared in the courtyard," the man reported.
Vitor was on his feet in an instant.
"You two with me now," he stated as he strode past Stjar'a and
Cordelia, "and somebody find Slayer Buffy and Mage Willow," he ordered the
guards at the door.

TBC....