FF: untitled (2/?)

TITLE: (2/?)

AUTHORS: kimly (klinonis@xxxxxxxxx) & shyfox (shyfox30@xxxxxxxxxxx)

DISCLAIMER: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. The characters of Xena: Warrior Princess and all other associated with the television series of the same name are owned by MCA/ Universal Pictures. This is a work of fan fiction and no copyright infringement

is intended. No monetary profit is being made.

PAIRING (Buffy-verse): Hmmm, maybe, haven't made that decision yet

PAIRING (Xena-verse): X/G

RATING: ALT-PG (for the X/G relationship at this point) nothing graphic

SUBTEXT: (This is a Xena-verse thing?) They Xena & Gabrielle, in case you haven't been paying attention, are in love with each other.

SUMMARY: Xena ends up in Sunnydale - stuff ensues

SPOILERS: Everything is fair game in both verses

DISTRIBUTION: None, yet - this is VERY rough and incomplete. Please wait till it's finished

Kimly's NOTES: Well, I've tried writing in the present tense, writing without using proper names, writing from various characters' points of view, so next in line is writing a crossover and as an added bonus, it's a joint effort (hiya shyfox!). So mote it be. Here's our attempt at crossing Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Xena: Warrior Princess - not like that. Jeez?

Shyfox's NOTES: It has been great collaborating on the story. I've had a lot of fun scheming things up with kimly. And, thank her for the inspiration of the story. It's a good one. Enjoy.

Guess I'm with these two for a while?

* * * * * *

Buffy entered Giles's apartment without so much as a thought about knocking. Xena followed, the redhead still in her arms. Willow had drifted in and out of consciousness during the walk over.

"Giles! Giles! We have a situation!"

As the ex-watcher wandered out of the bathroom toweling off his face and muttering, "Buffy, what in the name of God are you yelling about. Oh, hello? who are you? Willow?"

Spike sat up from his reclining position on the divan and his eyes popped at the sight of the leather clad warrior. "Bloody hell! What in the name of the Royal Mother are you dress up as?"

Buffy led Xena directly to the sofa and pitched Spike over the back with negligent strength and not a word of explanation. The warrior lowered Willow to the cushions and backed away, half way impressed at the blonde's casual flip of the male.

Spike was sprawled face first on the hard wood floor. "What was that for? What did I do now?"

Giles spared him a glance but offered no explanation nor any help in rising. He finally took a good look at his Slayer. "You're injured."

"Mastering the obvious there Giles," the Slayer responded as she fingered her side and tried to get a look at the damage. "Never mind me, Will took a header and she's kinda foggy. Make sure she's OK. We all know I'll live."

"Very well," he replied and went to check the hacker.

As Giles moved to tend to Willow, Spike - realizing he was being patently ignored - grabbed a mug of blood from the fridge, zapped it in the microwave and stalked into the back room mumbling about lack of respect or some such nonsense.

Xena watched the exchange between the blonde and the older man and the actions of the moody younger man in silence. She was no closer to understanding the language, but could tell there was some type of deep relationship between the people huddle around the couch. She couldn't understand the blonde guy's relationship with these people. The small blonde evidently had no use for him and the man simply ignored him. It would be just another mystery until the communication difficulties were solved. The warrior discovered a foot stool and lowered herself on to it to wait.

The blonde had gone to a different room and returned with a white box with a red cross on top. She placed it on the low table and from it took some thread and a needle. They were not exactly as Xena knew them but their function she understood.

The warrior rose and approached the injured girl and tried another eyes only conversation. Buffy remembered Willow's endorsement of the stranger. She shrugged and handed over the suturing equipment. Xena smiled and led Buffy to the brighter light of the kitchen. She signaled for the Slayer to hop up on the counter and dragged over a stool for herself. She pulled the remains of the shirt out of the wound. The slashes were deep and clotted with blood and dirt. They needed to be cleaned. This is going to be a challenge.

This is going to be a challenge

Xena pointed at the blood then rubbed her hands together. Blank stare. The warrior thought some more. Finally she brought her fingers to her mouth, wet them then rubbed them over the back of her hand.

"Ahhh! You wanna clean it." She slid off and filled a bowl with water and grabbed a towel, setting the water to the side and handing the towel to the stranger.

Xena nodded once, impressed with warm running water, then went to work cleaning the blonde's side. She was still concerned about exactly where she was. This place was very strange. The buildings were better than anything in Athens or Rome. The speech was like nothing she had ever heard, and she spoke many languages. And the creatures here? the gods must have gotten bored again to create such bizarre looking things.

She finished the cleaning, then carefully stitched the four slices closed. It took 43 sutures. The blonde realized this woman could be a definite a threat, just not to any of them. She was strong and evidently smart, even if she dressed in something out of an old gladiator flick. But communication was a definite stumbling block. It was a language, but would they be able to determine which one and once that was accomplished, did Giles have an English to whatever dictionary handy.

As Xena was finishing up, Buffy tugged on a bracer to get her attention. She patted her side and said "Thank you," while trying to look grateful.

Her message was obviously received in the spirit it was intended since Xena flashed a small smile and nodded. "You're welcome."

"You're welcome."

Buffy slowly brought her fingers to smooth over the purple bruise on Xena's jaw. "I'm sorry about this? I just, well, Will means a lot to me. I couldn't stand it if I let something happen to her. I sometimes fight first and ask questions later."

Xena struggled to make sense of the word being spoken to her, but to no avail. The girl looked upset that she had landed the blow. Xena had had worse and figured the girl thought she was going to hurt the redhead, an evident friend. That type of protective streak she could understand. She had done much more damage to people who had threatened Gabrielle. The warrior then picked at the tattered remains of Buffy's shirt and gave a questioning look.

"Yeah, I know, it's toast. I'll borrow a clean one from Giles. Speaking of Giles? What's the word on Will? She gonna be OK?"

"Ah, yes? I, ah, don't think there is any permanent damage. Considering the bump, she is most likely suffering from a mild concussion. She shouldn't sleep for any great length of time; she will have to be woken up every hour or two. Should I assume you all will be 'crashing' here for what is left of this night?" Giles had been leaning against the doorway to his kitchen watching the stranger tie neat little stitches into his Slayer. Her work was exact and precise and didn't seem to be causing Buffy an inordinate amount of pain. He could respect that. But, who was this woman?

Xena straightened, placed the suturing equipment back in the white box and leaned against the counter between Buffy and the watcher, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll need to borrow a shirt," Buffy remarked, showing him the tattered remains.

"Oh, very well. Care to introduce your new friend?" He asked, going over to the closet and pulling out a wrinkled blue oxford and handing it to Buffy.

She signaled for him to turn around, then stripped off the rag, tossed it in the trash and put on her new acquirement. "You can turn back now, and I would if I could, Giles, but I can't, so I won't."

"I see? Then how about why she is dressed from the warrior class of the bronze age?"

"Nope, can't answer that one either. She just showed up that way."

"Showed up? You seem to be able to communicate through hand signals. Is she deaf?"

"In the cemetery, and she definitely doesn't speak English. She's said a few things? Will said something about Greek, maybe."

"Wonderful, I can read it but I haven't had the opportunity to hear it spoken since my Oxford days. This will present quite a challenge."

Xena continued to lean against the counter. She figured they were talking about her. They would each glance at her while speaking. She didn't consider either of them a threat to her physically. The older man wouldn't even be a challenge. The girl had surprised her but how much damage could she really do? So, she waited.

"I do hope I don't butcher this too badly. Hopefully something will get through," Giles said, then turned his attention on the stranger. "My name is Giles. Do you understand Greek?"