FIC: The Enemy of My Enemy (2/?)

Title: The Enemy of My Enemy
Author: Shadowlander
Email: Shadowlander1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - or -Tankesly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rating: PG17 for violence and language mostly
Disclaimer: I still don't own any of these guys and I'm not making any
profit off this.
Spoilers: Angelus is still on his little kick of destroying Buff and
all those she holds dear.
Pairing: Willow and Dru
Notes: I suck at writing summaries. And I promise that all of this
will start to make a little more sense real soon. :)

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY (2/?)

Chapter One:

The Dreamscape.
The one place in the infinite universe where anything is truly
possible. The rules that govern man in the conscious world have no
power here; it is the playground of the mind. I'm never bored when I
visit Morpheus's realm, his beloved Dreamscape; he is one of the few
Gods that even I envy. I enjoy following an unsuspecting mortal around
as they explore the land of dreams, it is the little ones that have the
most fascinating adventures here. However, I'm not here to accompany
the innocent on a quest today. No today, I have come to see a demon and
not just any demon at that. I have come to see Athena's first chosen
champion, Drusilla.

Drusilla, such a terrible waste of a young life. She held such promise
for the future, she was to be a great seer, the one who would act as the
Slayer's guide in the coming battles. Than came Angelus, he destroyed
more then her mind all those years ago with his twisted games. He very
nearly destroyed the child's hope. Fortunately, like most of his kind,
Angelus underestimated the power of hope, he believed as her sanity
slipped away from her grasp so would her hope. Stupid demons, they
still haven't figured out that hope, like love, is eternal, it can never
be destroyed by force. Not as long as there is one who still believes,
hope will always survive. After all it is the greatest gift the gods
had ever gave to the human race. It is also why I am here today.

When Drusilla "died", and the demon took over, her spirit did not
crossover like it should of done. Well, at least, not all of it, a
portion of what was once Dru's humanity remained behind. Of course,
this happens to most vampires, however, in Drusilla's case something
more remained. The essence that is Athena's champion is still there,
locked up somewhere in the shattered remains of Dru's mind. Now all I
have to do it find it, which shouldn't be all that difficult.

Demons, while being rather creative in the conscious realm, tend to have
one track minds in the dreamscape. They are always dreaming of two
things; killing a Slayer and endless oceans of blood with a little
mayhem thrown in for effect. Dru's no exception; mangled body of
Slayer, check. Endless sea of blood and the assorted chaos, double
check. Although, the dance troop of dolls doing an Irish jig and trying
to sacrifice a little gray rabbit and a black duck to a giant carrot, is
new. I'll have to ask Morpheus about that one later.

"Hello. This is certainly new." Chance said pausing in his stroll
through the nightmare world of Drusilla's dreams. The God of Luck and
Lost Causes regarded the massive door in front of him thoughtfully.
Exploring the vampire's mind via the dreamscape was the easiest way to
learn all of her secrets without the demon being aware of the
intrusion. Humans gifted with the "sight" tended to be aware of having
their minds probed, that trait carried over to being vamped. Only on
the dreamscape was a beings mind, human or demon, truly open. The
dreams and nightmares had to get in somehow. "Whatever are you hiding
Drusilla?" Chance wondered, noting that the door just seemed to hang
there in mid-air, untouched by the nightmare images surrounding it. "Oh
well, only one way to find out." He said and stepped through the
unopened door.

Once through, what turned out to be a rather thick oak door, Chance
stopped to take in his new surroundings. In place of the nightmare
images that belonged to a demon, Chance found himself in a small room
filled with the tattered relics of what was once Drusilla's mortal
psyche. "You can come out now, Drusilla. I'm not going to hurt you."
Chance said in a low voice, to the room's only occupant, who was
currently huddled in a far corner, clutching a heavy jewel encrusted
cross as if her life depended on it.

For her part, the reminiscence of what was once Drusilla's sanity,
stared at the stranger with eyes that had seen evil beyond imagination,
an evil that carried her own face. Clutching tighter at the large cross
in her arms, Dru could only watch in disbelief as what appeared to be an
angel, complete with wings, walked through the locked massive door of
her prison.

"I'm not going to hurt you Drusilla. I just want to talk to you."
Chance said in the same low voice, sensing the terror from the figure
cowering in the corner. "I have been asked to help you reclaim what the
demon stole from you." He added after a moment. Dealing with a
person's psyche can be difficult, especially if that psyche had once
endured the mind games of a twisted vampire named Angelus.

"Stole from me," the figure said in a voice raspy from ill use. Her
thoughts turned inward, as she tried to figure out just what demon the
angel before was speaking about. Was it the one who tormented her and
later turned her in to a monster? Or, was it the one that now inhabited
her body committing unspeakable crimes?

"That is all up to you, Drusilla." The soft voice brought her back from
her silent musings. "I can help you against both creatures, but only if
you are willing. I can not force you to fight them, nor can I fight
those battles for you. That has to be your doing, but I can assure you
that you won't stand alone against either of them."

"H-how?"

"Look within yourself, Drusilla. You carry a powerful gift, one that
you fear almost as much as the terrors outside of this room, that is
your greatest weapon." Chance explained from his post in front of the
door, his dark mysterious eyes gently regarding the small trembling
figure in the corner.

After a moment, "You mean the 'voices', in my head," Du replied
hesitantly lifting her own dark troubled eyes to the God before her.

"Yes, the 'voices' as you call them." Chance began. "They are apart of
you, a very important part. They're the reason that you are here,' he
continued motioning around the room with one hand. "They're also the
reason that the demon hasn't destroyed you completely. The power within

you, is very special, it allows you to do great things, if you let it."

"H...h..how, do I do that?" Her voice was almost pleading. She wanted
more then anything to belief the being before her, that he would help
her regain control and destroy the 'thing' that was residing in her
body. But most importantly she didn't want to be alone anymore. That
was the most terrible thing being alone with thing, having it taunt her
about all the things its going to do, and has done, to innocent people.

"You have to take the first step." Chance simply replied holding out
his right hand to the trembling woman. Hesitantly she rises from the
refuge of her little corner and cautiously approaches him, her eyes
never leaving his. Stopping within reach of him, Dru stares deep into
his eyes, before reaching out to take his larger hand with one of her
own. As Chance's hand slowly closes around hers, a feeling of peace
comes over her as an unbelievable warmth fills her, driving away the
cold that had seeped itself into her very core so many years ago. With
a small, almost unheard, cry she pulls Chance closer, determined to get
as much of his warmth as she could. As Chance returns the hug - that on
a mortal would probably be described as crushing - with a much gentler
one of his own, a golden light enveloped her driving the cold and lonely
feeling that had become so much apart of her existence.

Pulling away from him just a bit, "Are you God?," she asked in a small
voice.

End Chapter One.

Yeah, yeah I know that REALLY IS cruel of me. *LOL*
So what did you think? Should I continue or not? Don't worry the next
part is coming, honest.