ff: Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Eighteen: Interrupted

Title: Willow Rosenberg, CIA Chapter Eighteen: Interrupted.
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
CIA. Buffy is not happy about it.
Feedback: YES, HELP! Need direction, love and encouragement or the name of a
good therapist. Yes, I already know I suck big time at spelling, grammar as
well as the English Language in general
Rating: NC-17 Smut Alert. (Not so much in this chapter)
Thanks : Dysfunctional Girl and AnnaBar. Major huge like Thanks.

Interrupted

Willow and Buffy made the next flight out of Santa Fe to LA X. They were
both wordless even when one of the stewardess from there fight to Santa Fe
made a comment to another stewardess loud enough for most of the back of the
plane to hear.

"Red head and Blond were in the bathroom for almost the whole flight
yesterday making enough noise that I think first class heard them."

About 30 minutes before they were scheduled to land the plane was surrounded
by white light and everything on board just froze in place. Buffy Jumped out
of her seat into the empty one in front of her. Willow also jumped out of
her seat and checked the man in the seat across from her. Everyone was
frozen in place. Buffy had made it to the cockpit to find the pilots frozen
and the airplane surrounded by light.

Willow had been working her way forward checking the other passengers
wishing she had brought her medical kit on the trip. The two lovers met in
first class still checking on the people on board when they heard the door
opening.

A man with green like vines and gold skin stood in the door "Come with me
ladies"

It was a command neither wanted to do but the pull of magic made them just
give in and follow the man. They walked out of the door and stood in a white
room. A woman who looked much like the man sat at a white table. The man had
already moved to sit beside the women.

"Please ladies take a seat." The woman said

The slayer and witch looked at each other and then moved to sit at the table
as well.

"Really into the white, ever thought about adding some blue throw pillows."
Buffy said

"The room suits our purpose as it is slayer." The woman said in a kind
voice.

"Who the hell are you!" Buffy said almost flipping the table over.

"Who we are is unimportant." The man said

"What we are is the issue." The women said finishing the man's sentence.

"What are you." Willow asked

"We our the oracles." They said in unison.

"What's an oracle?" Buffy asked Willow

"We our many things" the man began

"But you may want to think of us as chess players."
The young married couple sat up straight waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"I see we have your attention." The man said.

"But are you ready to listen?" the woman asked.

The group was silent for a long moment then Willow said "Yes"

"And you slayer, are you ready to listen." The man asked

"Yes, but could just one of you talk, the whole finishing each others
sentences thing is wigging me out." The slayer said.

Again there was silence.

"We took advantage of a loop-hole of our game rules. We were not allowed to
contact you on earth, but since you are not physically on the earth we could
bring you here to learn your part in the game."

Buffy started to make a remark but Willow but her hand on the slayer's knee
letting her know now was the time to listen.

"We brought you here to fill in the blanks that Catherine Putnam could not
tell you. Few mortals are granted even a glimpse at the eternal plane of
life. "

"What Catherine told you for the most part was factual but limited to such a
small period of time. You will need to look at the patterns of history
eternal. The secret lies there. You will have to discover much of this for
your self Willow Rosenburg."

"You know that demons once inhabited the earth. History would call it the
age of dinosaurs. When their cycle was finished they were sent to other
dimensions. They were changed and weakened before the demon dimensions was
created for them to live in. "

"Why they were moved is complicated. There was a war in heaven. The bible
speaks of it. Lucifer being cast out of heaven and falling to the earth. It
happen just in a far more complex manner."

"When the demons became too strong on earth there was a second war and the
demons were sent to other dimensions. To hell if you believe mythology. "

"Man was created while the demons where changed, evolved if you will and
then sent to away. Some of the demons mixed their blood with man and created
earth bound demons like vampires."

"And as the earth bound demons were created the warriors of light were
created. The chess game in Doyle's vision. The demons different types of
demons being the black pieces and the warriors being the light pieces."

"And the higher powers also made rules for the game. Rules like only one
slayer in the game at a time. Since the game is played in cycles across
eternity there are loop holes and sub routine rules, which allowed you,
Faith and the new slayer called today to be in the game. Just as loop holes
aloud us to bring you here now."

Both Willow and Buffy wanted to ask question but the magic that flew around
them screamed "just listen"

"Oh there are so many rules to the game it would take two complete life
times of listening to learn all rules and you do not have time to learn them
now Willow Rosenburg."

"Have you ever looked at the number twelve? It is a very mystic number.
Twelve major gods on mount Olympus. Twelve apostles to Christ. Twelve tribes
of Israel. I could go on for a very long time on the number twelve. "

"But for now we will look at the twelve warriors of light. You are both
warriors of light and should be very proud to be counted among them. At any
given time there must be twelve warriors of light on the earth. Even now
with you here there are still twelve warriors of light. There can be any
number of warriors of light but there can never be less then twelve."

"Each of the twelve has a role to play. The roles can be mixed up, a slayer
can also be a healer, or witch. The roles are more often mixed with many
skills but there are always one of the twelve skills present in each
warriors. "

"The first you already know is the slayer. She is the executioner, the
assassin. She is the chosen one who can move among the people as an unknown.
She has strength and stealth. She is the slayer. " The man then laid
something like a tarot card in front of the couple. It had a picture of a
women in armor, like a painting of Joan of Arc. Only it had Buffy's face and
the words in English at the bottom, Slayer.

"Second is the historian. The priest. The chronicler. The peacekeeper.
Sometimes even the politician. His or Her job is to keep record of the
fight, to find answers to aid the other warriors. Sometimes he is the
general behind the troops others he is Librarian of knowledge. He is the
Historian. " The woman laid a card next the slayer card, again in Tarot
style. The card centered around a monk with stacks of books around him. He
was writing with a quill pen. And he wore the face of Giles. The Girls looks
at each but remained silent.

"Third is the Sorceress. Child of Endora. The mage. The magician. The Witch.
He or She aids the fight with magic. She is the Sorcerer." Again another
card was laid next to the others. It was Amy dressed in all white in a lab
looking more like a chemist then a witch.

"Forth is the Sinner. One who has known evil and seeks redemption. The
sinner knows the working of evil and has become a fears fighter. In this
cycle it is Angelus who performs this role. He is the Sinner."
This time the card was laid above the slayer card. It was Angel dress in
turn of the century clothes, his clothes were torn and he was holding a rat
to his face."

"Fifth is Healer. The Saint. The innocent force of good. She or He saves
lives, cares for those who can not protect themselves. The Healer is seldom
a warrior in the strictest sense rather an innocent who reminds the others
why they are fighting. She is the innocent the warriors need. She is the
Healer." This card was laid below the slayer, who expected to see Willow's
face on. Instead she saw a blond in a lab coat standing in a modern lab. The
face was to blurry to see.

"Sixth is the Jester. The Fool. One blessed with luck. Shakespeare had such
respect for the fool with good reason. The jester makes the others laugh
often-ending feuds with humor. The fool also shows the others what courage
is about. His fear is visible before the battle yet he stills fights the
good fight. He is the heart of the warriors. He is the Jester." The card was
next to the slayer card. It was Xander tripping over on o his sons toys.
Willow squeaked Buffy's hand as the both smiled.

"Seventh is the Warrior. The army. He must learn his skill and practice long
and hard to fight in the battle. He is the power of the warriors, he is the
might. He is the warrior." The card was placed next to angel. It was a
picture of Riley Finn in his commando uniform.

"Eight is the Twilight Warrior. She is just like the warrior only she is not
human but one of the twilight races. Elf, Fairy, Nymph or one of the other
Twilight people. She reminds the others to seek out the difference between
good and evil and not the appearance of the being. In this cycle she is your
friend Kir. She is the twilight Warrior." Kir's card was placed by Riley. It
was Kir in her non human form but dress in her police blues and carrying a
sword.

Willow smiled as she looked at top row of cards. "Buffy look all you ex's
made the top. You really have a thing for warrior's of light." The read
laughed to relieve the stress. Buffy just glared at her, just not very
convincingly.

"Ninth is the Seer. The prophet. She is the one who receives the messages
from the high powers. She is the guide to the world. Both the last seer,
Doyle and the present Cordillia are friends of yours as well. I am sorry
'for the loss of Doyle. He was a fine warrior and her will be rewarded."

"Is Doyle dead?" Willow whispered.

"Yes he died just before we came to you. The game is being played and he was
the first of the causalities."

There was silence. The oracles were washing them with images of Doyle's
death and his prize. His gift to the land of paradise. Then the images ended
and the voice to remain quiet returned.

Buffy looked down and there had been a new card added to the stack. It
looked like a high priestess tarot card only the priestess was crying at the
foot of the stairs and her face was that of the may queen.

"Tenth is the Believer. The one with faith to do the impossible. He is a
tireless warrior. He is the dreamer who can find the way through the maze of
evil to defeat it. He is the Believer. This card was of a robed person,
roaming through a dark maze. Again the person was to blurry to requires.

"Eleventh is the follower. He is blindly loyal and will go to his death with
out question when the battle calls for his sacrifice. He may be the follower
but he knows evil when he sees it. His loyalty is a precious gift and does
not come easily. Your friend Xander is often in this role when is not
filling the role of the Jester. He is the Follower. " This time the card
fell in the middle row. It was Xander dressed as a knight standing need to a
knight Buffy in the middle of battle.

"Last is the Leader, Jack of all trades master of many. The knight who can
wear his armor and fight the good fight, then return home to rule his manor
house. He is flexible. He has many skills. He is the sum of the others. A
warrior with a special skill. He is the one who can change to fit the time
and place of the cycle. The Leader is you Doctor Rosenburg. Healer, Witch,
Follower, Warrior, Lover, Innocent. "
The card was then placed beside Buffy's card. It had a young girl dress in a
miss match of clothes. Armor on one side, priest robe on the other. A
pentagram around her neck. There were books and test tubes, trees and a
sword surrounding her. The card said Jack.

"But that is not all I need to tell you." The female oracle said.

"I must tell of the cycles. The game is played over and over again. Some
times one side winning some times the other. Mostly the games end in a draw.
The games also cerate alternative worlds, alternative possibilities. You
have seen a version of yourself as a vampire. You must have guessed parallel
dimensions exist. It is all part of the game."

Then there are cycles in cycles. The Aztec's had a 5000-year calendar that
restarted the cycles. And they were very close to being right. This cycle is
almost up. The teams are pulling up loopholes to win the game. You are the
end result of desperation on the player's part. An attempt at making slayers
out of cycle. It did work to an extent. You and Faith, and the boy Xander
all are part of there game. Pieces on the board.
You will need to find out how you are playing the game on your own."

"You will also need to study the watchers council. There is much to find in
their journey from Egyptian Priest to Mages in the Ural mountains Then
moving on to the court of the Emperors of China before entering the service
of European Kings. They have also been priest and scribes to the tribes of
Israel. Gypsies Magicians, Knights in the crusades before becoming Free
Masons and then the council. They are a very old group of pieces in the
game. Sometimes players for the light other times players for the dark."

"Their history will give you other answers. Tell you about the end days for
other cycles. The Puzzle is yours to piece together Doctor. The game is now
yours to win or lose."

There was a flash of light and Buffy and Willow blinked. They were back in
the plane with everyone moving around and breathing. It was as if they never
went anywhere.

"Did you see gold and green people that made us shut up and listen to a wild
story?" Buffy asked

"Doyle is dead." Was Willow's answer.

"Hey! No body messes with my Willow." Xander

"And the weird award goes to...." -Buffy