The Grand Hotel (rated 12).

The Grand Hotel
by Ryan
Rating: 12 (British system)
E mail: ryan.hufton@xxxxxxxxxx or ryan.red@xxxxxxxxxx
Disclaimers:
1. Willow and co. are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and WB.
2. Song: Late Night Grande Hotel by Nanci Griffith (c) Ponder Heart
Music/Irving Music, Inc. (BMI)
3. No copyright infringements intended.
Feedback: Please, please. I need feedback OK It makes me write more!

<I'm working on a morning flight to anywhere but here
I'm watching the evening fire burn away my tears
All my life I've left my troubles by the door
Leaving is all I've known before>

A redhead woman packed a suitcase. She had a flight in the morning. To
her it was just another hotel room, the fake log fire in the room lit up her
tears. The flames seem to make the tears rolling down her face burn.

<It's not the way you hold me when the sun goes down
It's not the way you call my name that left me Stranded on the ground
It's not the way you say you can hear my heart when the music ends
I am just learning how to fly away again.>

She placed a photograph in the case. An old photograph from her college
years. She ran away years ago, when Oz returned. She could not face him
then. Now she was returning to a town she left all those years ago. She
sighed, at the memories, of her family, of her friends, her lovers.

<And maybe you were thinking that you thought you knew me well
But, no one ever knows the heart of anyone else
I feel like Garbo in this late night Grande hotel
Cause living alone is all I've ever done well>

In her mind she looked back over the years. She had been alone even when
she was child with her friends. No true friends, she had no true home. She
lived out of a suitcase living in hotels, as her work took her.

Everyone thought they knew her. They did not! She lived her life style
well. She was always alone in her hotel room. She had found alone was all
she did well. She closed her suitcase and headed out the door.

<It's not the way you say hear my heart when the music end
I am just learning how to fly away again.>

A couple hours later a plane left the ground with her on board.

The End.