On the Topics of Fics and Flames

Don't mind me, just your average newbie lurker - for the most part. I have been
watching this travesty unfold for a short while now, and with some minor
resolution apparently having been reached, I would like to contribute my pair of
pennies.

First off, I am also a writer (currently hammering out a series called
Intervention), but I have not posted it here. The reason being, it dealt with a
W/T relationship, rather than B/W, and I felt it was more appropriate on other
mailing lists. Now, personally, if the fic is of good quality, I won't care
where someone posts it, although I might subtly mention a group that might be
geared more towards it. Other than that, I think we need more writers.

On the subject of flames... I have never flamed anyone for a piece of fanfic
they had written. If I thought it was tasteless, I didn't comment, because it
was most likely written that way intentionally. If there were typos, I'd
sometimes make mention of them, but only so the writer would have it corrected
for any reposts - not to make them feel stupid. As for some of the comments
Kimber received... if I should "happen" to accidentally run across their e-mail
addresses, and should some minor incident befall them (say, oh, I don't know...
maybe their electricity or phone service shuts off), I know absolutley nothing
about it.

Humanity - and I use the term loosely - is still comprised of a large number of
scared people. What people fear, they attack. If they can't attack it
directly, they attack a messenger. Kimber, I want to apologize for what
happened to you (no, I didn't flame her - I think she has a wonderful,
heart-wrenching style to her literature), and promise to everyone here to try
and respond to the writings a little more. I'm full of positive and
constructive criticism. That, and if anyone here is on the SapphicSlayer list,
I wouldn't mind a little, either.

Phoen Dusk