FIC: Another Point Of View

Hey. Okay, this a sequel to Angela's and mine's "Reasons & Advice". This is a solo effort. (Hope you don't mind Angela)

Enjoy.

ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW

On the UC Sunnydale campus, Buffy Summers sat under a tree. The day before, she had been in LA to question Angel about not announcing his presence on Thanksgiving. She was angry, and she thought she had a right to be.

She had visited him a little over a week before to ask his advice on whether or not she should tell Willow that she loved her. And she thought it had gone pretty well. They were friendly, the tension in the beginning had disappeared, and they both seemed like they were going to move on, yet be there for one another. Should the need arise.

But when he came to Sunnydale, he didn't come up to her, didn't say hi, anything at all. Just hid. Her protector. She knew he was having a hard time, but she didn't care. If she could come to his town and be civilized, why couldn't he? So, she had basically ended their communication. She didn't care whether he couldn't trust himself to be around her and her environment, trust her, or whatever his reasoning was, but she was done. That was it.

A part of her still loved him, would always love him, but she had come to terms with the fact that they couldn't be together. Whereas he obviously hadn't. But she could only feel bad for him for so long. And the fact that he wasn't the only one she loved, had helped her grow. It had taken awhile, but as soon as she realized she loved Willow, it had made it easier. She had been happier. She liked happiness. It was a good feeling.

But, when she told Willow what she felt for her, she had frowned. Frowned. She didn't know if Willow had been awake or asleep, but nothing had been mentioned since. She still remembered the feeling of her friend's lips on hers. Willow didn't realize who she was kissing, of course, but it felt.indescribable.

Whoever the dream person was.was really lucky. When Willow woke, Buffy couldn't say anything. She just couldn't. It had taken enough effort to get the words out the first time. She didn't know if she could do it again.

Miserable, she just continued to sit and stare at whoever happened to pass by.

***

Willow entered Giles' house carrying a small paper bag. She needed a distraction. Had to get her mind off of Buffy. And deal with the fact that Buffy didn't love her.

"Giles?"

"He's out." Spike called from inside the small kitchen. Giles' windows still needed replacing, and the kitchen was the safest place away from the sun. "What do you want?"

She walked into the kitchen, where she saw Spike still tied to the chair. She set the bag down on the counter, and had to cover her mouth so he wouldn't see her grin.

"Look, she's already tied me up and starving me, so shut it." He started to smell something. "What's in the bag?"

"I have to say, I don't like that tone, mister." Spike sighed out of desperation. "You're lucky I'm a nice person. I won't make you beg."

Willow went behind the chair, and started to loosen the ropes.

"You're cutting me loose?"

"You can thank Buffy. She's the one who asked me to bring you food. And she doesn't think you'll go anywhere."

"Well, she's absolutely right. Being that it's daylight and all. I knew that 'I'm a bitch routine' was just for show."

Willow stopped untying the ropes. "Hey! That was.really."

"Mean?"

"Yes!"

"And if I cared, or had any feelings at all, I'd probably be feeling really torn up about it. Hurry up, will you?"

"Fine. Did anybody ever tell you that you're impatient?"

"Don't think anybody's ever lived long enough."

Spike stood up, and massaged his wrists. Not even bothering to notice Willow's worried expression; he took the container of blood from the bag, and removed the lid.

"Pig's blood?" He made a disgusted face.

"The butcher shop doesn't sell human blood."

"Yeah. I guess it's too much to hope that some poor sap got accidentally sliced. Doesn't this guy have a microwave?"

"For what? Oh.ewww."

"It tastes better warm. Like soup."

"But it's not soup!"

"Depends on your point of view, I suppose."

***

Deciding to go back to her and Willow's dorm, Buffy laid down on her friend's bed. This side of the room was undeniably Willow's. Right down to the.'Dingoes Ate My Baby' poster, on the wall. She slammed her fist against the mattress.

What was she thinking telling Willow that? Asleep or not? It was obvious she was still into Oz. She wanted him to come back. Wanted him back. That was probably the dream person. No, he couldn't have been. Unless he was a cross dresser and called himself Madeline.

Okay, so she was dreaming about someone called Madeline, and that obviously wasn't her, because she was pretty sure her name was Buffy.

'Just tell her!' God, even her inner voice was desperate.

She never really liked her inner voice all that much. The phone started to ring, and she let it. After three rings, the machine picked up, and a voice came on.

"Willow, it's me." 'Angel?' "Did you tell her? She deserves to know.she deserves." He hung up. 'Was he crying? And what the hell is he talking about?'

Getting up, she left the dorm and started heading towards Giles' house. The thoughts that popped into her head were things she didn't even want to consider. 'Willow and Angel?'

***

Sitting at the table, Willow watched Spike gulp down the last of the blood with a large growl. She felt sick. And trying to take her mind off the sight before her, she felt sicker. Buffy. The dream. Her chickening out. And worst of all, seeing Buffy upset over Angel. Which meant Buffy still had feelings for him. What had she been thinking?

"Well now that did the trick. Although humans are tad more sweet."

"I'm.glad?" Spike looked at her face, and automatically shook his head. "What?"

"Do you know how bloody pathetic you are? I had to listen to that goddamn watcher ask me questions all day, and now you. All of you."

"That's."

"The truth."

"You're a demon."

"So that means I lie?"

"Yes."

"Lying a waste of time. The truth ends up being more painful."

"Do you have a point?"

"You all got it pretty damn good, if you ask me. And yet you keep on complaining and worrying and carrying on."

"That might have something to do with the fact that we're on the demon menu every other day. Yours, for one."

"Me? Never."

"You were gonna kill Buffy and me last week."

"I was angry. I lose my head. The only one I ever really stuck it to was Angel. And he deserved it."

"No he didn't."

"Please. He's either extremely boring, or an extreme pain in the ass. You'll never get a middle ground with that guy."

"But Buffy loves him." Willow said with sadness.

Spike laughed. Almost gleefully. "That's what this is about? Oh, this is too priceless. Humans are so short sighted that it's bloody ridiculous. She doesn't love him. Not like she used to. And she's better off."

"But she."

"If she came back mad from her little visit, it's because he pissed her off. I don't have to spell it out, do I? God.

" 'Buffy I hate what we did to the Redskins',

" 'Willow, I like Thanksgiving but I want you to be happy too'

"It's called subtext. It's called eye contact. It's called." He looked pained to say it, and got up and walked over to her chair. "Love. She loves you."

"And she's afraid I don't."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go heave."

"Wait. How do you know?"

"Vampires can smell emotions from miles away. Helps us find meals."

Spike went upstairs, and a few seconds later, the front door opened. Buffy came in.

***

"Buffy!"

"Where's Spike?"

"He.went upstairs. He's been fine."

"Good."

Willow could clearly see her friend was not happy. "What's wrong?"

"Why is Angel calling and leaving messages for you?"

"He did? Oh." She saw hurt in her friend's eyes. "Buffy.you don't think.oh.it's.not.what."

"Stop babbling and get the hell on with it already!" Spike yelled from upstairs. "You're giving me a headache."

"Shut up!" They both yelled in response.

"What's he talking about?" Buffy asked.

"About.how I'm too chicken to tell you.that I love you."

Buffy swallowed. "What?"

"I love you. I've wanted to tell you but."

Tears were rolling down Buffy's cheeks. She wrapped her arms around Willow, and they both fell to the ground.

"You do?" Buffy was smiling wider than she ever thought possible.

"Yes."

"Really?"

Willow giggled. "Yes."

"You're sure?"

She caught Buffy by surprise and kissed her. Buffy accepted without question. Willow stopped and spoke. "I'm sure."

"I love you too." She said, and Willow's smile brightened. "And I told you, but then you frowned, and then kissed, then Angel call."

"I kissed you before?"

"Yeah. Who's Madeline?

"Um.she's you."

"Huh?"

"It's confusing. Can," Willow said moving her finger back and forth between them, "we kiss again?"

Buffy grinned, and did just that. They were so lost in each other that they didn't hear Giles come in.

"Ahem." He said, clearing his throat.

They stopped, and craned their necks to look at him.

"Oh, hey Giles." Buffy said.

"Yes.um.where's Spike?" He stammered.

"Checking out his non-reflection in the mirror." He said coming down the stairs. "Are you two done yet?"

"We were." Willow started.

"Just leaving." Buffy finished.

They both got up, and walked out the door. Spike walked up to Giles.

"I'll go soft if I don't get outta this place soon. What kind of liquor do you have stashed around here?"

***

Angel came back from his patrol around one a.m. and saw a message on his machine. He pushed the button.

"Thank you, Angel." Buffy's voice said. He could hear Willow's steady breathing in the background.

He sat down on his couch, and put his head in his hands. "Be happy, Buffy."

"When I held that gun, I felt an incredible surge of power. Like God must feel when he's holding a gun.." (Homer J. Simpson)

"You've been fighting evil here for three years, and I've helped some, and now we're supposed to decide what we want to do with our lives. And I just realized that that's what I want to do. Fight evil, help people. I mean, I think it's worth doing. And I don't think you do it because you have to. It's a good fight, Buffy, and I want in."

"I kind of love you."
(Willow Rosenberg, Buffy Summers, BTVS)

"Don't.."
"What? Don't love you? I didn't know I got a choice in that."
(Angel, Buffy Summers, BTVS)