FFIC: Kismet (Part 2)

Continued from Part I

The slayer pulled the chewed, pen tip from her mouth and frowned. “What do you
mean this figure will not work. Wills, if x is the coefficient, then y would
be equal to. . .”

“See that’s exactly it. X isn’t the coefficient. . .”

“Oh. Thanks.”

“Your welcome.” Willow said, and stretched out across Buffy’s bed, and sighed.
She glanced at her watch, and noted the time. She felt a gaze burn across her,
and she looked up in time to see Buffy watching her intently before the slayers
brown eyes flicked back to her math book. Wishful thinking Willow. . . She
thought to herself, as she sat up and stretched her legs out in front of her.
She studied her shoes, and stifled a yawn.

“Hey, you look tired.” Came from the slayer who was now flopping herself across
the bed.
“Yeah, I am, and its not even nighttime yet. I guess that i just haven’t been
sleeping well lately or something.”

“Humm. You should take better care of yourself. Maybe you should go on home
and call it a night, i have to go out tonight anyway. . “

“Yeah, maybe i can get some extra sleep. I am glad that tomorrows Friday
though. Even if we will be out all weekend.” Willow grinned, and impulsively
leaned up against her best friend.

This was a action that she immediately regretted, when the slayer put her arm
around her shoulders, and laid her cheek against her other shoulder. The move
had seemed so natural, like they had been doing it for years, and just couldn’t
help it. They both were frozen, too afraid to move. Willow could feel Buffys
breathing, and smell her warm, inviting sent. Buffy was lost in a haze of
emotion that she didn’t understand, and was unwilling to let go. A sudden
tightness filled her chest, and she found it hard to breathe. They seemed to
move as one, looking deep into each other’s eyes. Hearts were pounding, Blood
was rushing, they were breathing the same air. Green drowning in brown,
dissolving all the barriers. . .

RING. . . RING. . .

The shrill ringing of the phone startled them, and they jumped apart. Willow
jumped up and grabbed her bag.

“Wait! Don’t leave Willow. . .” Buffy left the phone ringing and started after
her friend. She could see the brush of tears filling her eyes, and she reached
out to her best friend. “Wills. . .”

“Don’t. . . I. . . I have to go. . .” And the redhead rushed out the door.
Buffy sat back down on the bed, and reached for the phone. The pleasant pain in
her chest had turned hateful, and she cleared her throat trying to rid herself
of the lump that had formed there while reaching for the still ringing phone.

“Hello. . .” She didn’t even recognize her own voice, it sounded so small and
frail. She winced as she heard the slamming of the door, and knew that Willow
was walking out. . .
“Yeah mom, I’m fine. . .”

Willow slammed her bedroom door, and flung herself across her bed. The tears
that she had held in check came pouring out from her eyes, and somewhere in her
mind, she flamed herself for being so emotional lately. I don’t understand this.
. . Its just to intense. . . Willow sighed and flopped over onto her back. Why
I am crying all the time. . . Allowing herself some cogitation, she abruptly
sat up on the bed, and angrily wiped her tears. “All right Willow, lets get it
together. You have handled lots of other things, you can handle a little. . .
Uh. . . Little. . . “ Its more than a crush, so. . . “Thing. . . This little
thing.” She nodded her head, and stood up, heading over to her computer. “I
need to work, get my mind off of things. . .”
She quickly sat down, and booted up her computer. The redhead then brought up
her files from her search last night, and began looking again. After about an
hour of searching and printing all of the information, she felt better,
grounded. She was fixing to get off, when she remembered her chat site
bookmark, and she clicked on it just for fun.

“Jesus Buff. . . What’s with you today?” Faith wiped her brow on her sleeve,
and eyed her fellow slayer. She watched as the blonde ripped the boxing gloves
from her hands, and threw them down on the floor. “

Nothing, its nothing. . . Just some. . . extra tension i guess.”

“Yeah, I guess. You look like hell.”

“Ha. . .” The blonde laughed, “ I feel like hell. I don’t know what’s going on
with me.”

“Well, maybe you should take it easy or something.” Faith tententivly smiled at
her newfound friend. Buffy just looked around the room. She had pushed the
furniture around in the living room of her own house to give them room, and then
invited Faith over to drill. For some reason, she just didn’t feel like going
out. She searched herself inside, and found that the only thing she wanted to
do was kick some ass. She laughed at herself, and Faith looked at her long and
hard. Buffy raised her eyes to the other slayers and smiled.

“Come on. . . Lets go patrol or something.”

Faith smiled back at her. “Sure, but leave some for me. . .”

Willow’s fingers flew across her keyboard as she typed in her reply. She never
intended to actually chat, just to watch. But soon after she started reading,
she found herself making up a profile, and a screen name that was nothing like
her at all. Deciding that it never hurt anyone to be different sometimes, she
went with her gut, and now here she was. Being the genius that she was, picking
up on the conversations weren’t hard for her, and pretty soon, she was chatting
like a pro in the hottest lesbian chat room on the Internet. For some reason,
that thought struck her as funny, and she laughed, feeling better than she had
for a long time. She quickly read the screen, and typed in another reply. She
was enjoying this casual banter, choosing to ignore all the requests to go
“private”. She carefully read her reply before sending it, and had to giggle
at her own screen name. Raven . . . how’s that for being different. She
grinned, and started to reply to yet another post coming her way. Willow the
wallflower wasn’t a wallflower in cyber space, and that made her feel good, made
her feel important. Important, that sure is nice. . .

Buffy pulled the damp towel from her wet tresses, and combed through them. She
then picked up her usual sleeping attire of shorts and a men’s undershirt, and
reached for the phone. She carefully dialed her best friends number, and sighed
when she replaced it in the cradle. Busy. , . Her phone is always busy. . .
She lay down across her bed, but couldn’t sleep. She turned her thoughts to her
latest patrolling adventure with Faith, but that didn’t hold her interest for
long. Her disobedient mind began to wonder to that afternoon, when Willow had
been so close. Those slightly parted, pink lips, inches from her own. The
blonde threw her pillow up in the air in exasperation, and stormed up off the
bed. She plugged in a c.d., and turned it up loud enough so she could hear it
in the other room. Willow is most likely on the net. . . And i am going to
find her, and make her talk to me. I can fight demons, and vampires, but i can’
t fight this. . . She pulled out the chair that faced her mother’s computer,
and she logged on. After spending many moments trying to figure out how to
actually do a search, she tried to locate her friend. With no luck, she decided
to give up. She reached up to turn the lamp off, and she brushed the keyboard
with her hands. When she sat back down to log off, she noticed the screen had
changed. Across the screen, in bold purples and pinks, the word “Chat” came out
at her. Ah, what the hell. . . What else are you going to do. . . And she
clicked the “18 to enter” button.

“Ah, fresh blood. . .” Willow said to herself as she sent a greeting to the new
girl in the chat room. “Might as well be the welcome wagon.” She mumbled and
waited for a response from this “Jess” person. She answered a few more posts
before finally getting the reply from Jess. It was simple, and nice. Jess was
explaining that she had never been in a chat room before, and that she was
wanting someone to show her around, Willow jumped at the chance. She had no
idea why she had done it, but it was done, and before she knew it, Raven had
sent Jess an invite to a private chat. “There is a first time for everything .
. .” The red head said to herself and began chatting with Jess. The
conversation mostly consisted of computer talk, and Willow found herself really
enjoying talking with this girl. Sometimes, a phrase would catch her off guard,
and she would scramble her brain to try to figure out where she had heard it
before. The light banter was just what she needed, and she began to really talk
to the girl. They chatted for hours, deep into the night, about anything,
everything and nothing at all. And then suddenly, the conversation changed.

I have a question for you~~ Sent by Jess
What?~~ Sent by Raven

How long have you, well, been into girls~~ Sent by Jess

Damn, Blunt thing isn’t she. Willow sighed and debated with herself on weather
or not to lie or tell the truth. She sighed and decided on the later, knowing
that she was never a successful liar.

Actually, I just realized it. I have never been with a girl. I just started
having feelings for my best friend lately, and I figured the best place to
research it would be here. What about you?~~ Sent by Raven

Willow sighed and waited for the response. She actually felt nervous while
waiting for the response.

That’s interesting, I am in a similar situation. The same actually. Why don’t
you go for it?~~ Sent by Jess

We are so different. She is so beautiful, and popular, and, well, lots of
things, and I am just me. Unimportant me. I guess that’s why.~~ Sent by Raven

I am sure that’s not a fair description of yourself.~~ Sent by Jess

Maybe, anyway, I could ask you the same question, why don’t you just go for
it?~~ Sent by Raven

To be totally honest, I am scared. There are some things in my life that aren’
t, well, normal, and I know she accepts them, but I don’t think she really
knows. And she doesn’t feel like she is real part of my life. ~~ Sent by Jess

Sounds to me like all you need to do is just to try to make her feel like she is
really a part of things.~~ Sent by Raven

That is a good idea, but i will have to think about it. And as for you, if you
want to get noticed, then do something that will get you noticed.~~ Sent by Jess

And you have to remember, that if she accepts you for what you are, then that’s
half the battle right there.~~ Sent by Raven

Thanks, that’s good advice. I better go, i have go get up soon.~~ Sent by Jess

Yeah, me too, nice talking to you. Night.~~ Sent by Raven

Bye!!~~ Sent by Jess

Willow sighed and crawled into her bed. It had felt good to talk about Buffy
with someone that understood. She had a plan beginning to form in her mind, and
she couldn’t believe that she was actually going to do it. Her thoughts took
her into a dreamless sleep. Meanwhile, Buffy pulled the covers up over her body
and relaxed into the sheets. Make her feel important. . . That’s it. . . The
slayer smiled as she formed her plan, and gently slid into sleep.

To Be continued in Part III....