FFIC: Kismet (Part III)

Contined from Part II

“What do you mean you need my help. Wills, I think that you are beyond even my
help.” “Oh thanks so much Cordiela, next time I will just hand you my feelings
so you will not have to rip them out.” Willow said with her hands on her hips.
The hall was filled with people walking on either side of them, and she winced
as the two minute warning bell rang.

“Alright, fine. I will help you. But first, you have to answer me this
question.”

“What?”

“Ya got any money?”

The red head just nodded her answer towards the already leaving Cordiela.

“Good, meet me here, after school, we are going shopping.” Cordiela said as she
slipped off down the hall.

“Great, shopping. . .” Willow mumbled to herself as she headed towards class.

On the other side of the school, Buffy slid in between the last minute
stragglers, and made her way to her best friend’s locker. She quickly opened it
up, and slid something inside. She shut the door and stated off down the hall.
She smiled to herself as she rounded the corner. If that doesn’t work, i don’t
know what will.

Willow sighed and looked at the clock. She still had three minutes until time
for school to end, and she reached down into the pocket of her jeans and pulled
out her cash. She counted it quickly, and placed it back in her pocket.
Forty-three dollars and fifteen cents. That will just have to do. Her thoughts
were interrupted by a persestented sound from her left. “Hey. . . Willow. . .
Wills. . . Dammit, turn around here and talk to me.” Willow sighed and turned
around. “Xander, what do you want.”
“Yes, well, nice to speak to you too. You haven’t said three words to me all
week. I was just wondering what was up.”
Willow sighed and turned her whole body around to face her friend. “Sorry
Xander, I just have been really. . . Busy, yeah. . . Busy lately.”
“Yes, and you are running out of libraries, and going shopping with my
girlfriend because. . .”
Willow just stared at the man behind her with wide eyes. Xander just smirked
and said, “Well, I was just curious. You are acting funny.”
“Nothing, and i am not acting funny. Why would there be anything wrong with me
going shopping with Cordiela, and maybe. . . Just maybe i have allergies or
something, and I had to leave in a hurry. . . And maybe. . . Well. . . You
should just mind your own. . . Umm. . . Business.” Willow turned around in
her chair and faced the front. She could hear Xander’s sigh from behind her.
“I was just. . .” The bell rang and interrupted his apology, and Willow
slipped out of her chair just in time to hear him say, “worried about you.”

“Hey, Buffy. Quit pacing. You are driving me insane.” The blonde slayer
smiled, and flopped down on the hard floor of the library. “Sorry Faith.”
“Why in the hell are you so damned. . . Nervous. . . Or something. Need to
work off that energy?” Buffy looked up stunned to find Faith handing her a pair
of gloves. Her face turned crimson. “Oh, I am so sorry. I thought you meant.
. . Well. . . Something else.”
“Who says i didn’t?” Replied Faith with an impish grin. Buffy was stunned, and
it showed. Her mouth dropped open, and she began to rub her palms on her pants.
“Geeze, Buff. . . Sorry. I was joking all right? I didn’t know that would
offend you.” Buffy put her hands in the air to indicate that she wanted to
speak. “Are you telling me that you. . . Like me? Or I think a better
question is. . . You like. . . umm. . .

”Girls?” Faith finished for her.

“Yeah. . . Girls.” Buffy repeated.

“Does that freak you out?” The brunette repiled.

“No.” Buffy said a little to quickly.

“I knew I was right about you. From the first time I saw you look at Wills. .
.”
“Wait.” Buffy spun around. “What do you mean see me look at Wills.”

“Well, you two just. . . Click.” Faith replied. She grinned at the
uninhibited smile that crept up in her fellow slayers already red face.

“Really?” Buffy said.

“Yeah. I knew you two had a thing.. .” Faith stopped her talking when she saw
the blonde’s face fall. “I. . . I mean. . . you two don’t have a thing?”

“No. Willow doesn’t even know. I think it would freak her out, so. . .”

No, Buff. I have seen her look back at you with the same look.”

“No, I was just imagining that. I talk to a friend last night on the Internet,
and she said that I needed to make Willow feel important.”

“Yes, that is important, but you also have to let her know you are interested.”

“What do you mean?” Buffy said, stretching her arms and bouncing.

“Put on those gloves, and lets get busy, and then my friend. I am going to
teach you everything I know.” Buffy smiled and drew the padded gloves over her
hands. This is going to be interesting . . .

“Can anyone say eeww?” Cordeila said as she picked up a shirt off of a
clearance rack that Willow was looking at. Willow just scowled, as she put it
back down. They had spent almost an hour of the red head finding something she
liked, and the self styled queen of fashion dissing it instantly. Willow was
tired of this. “Alright Cordiela. Why don’t you pick me out something.”
“Thought you would never ask. Come on.” Willow groaned and followed Cordeila
to the other side of the store. Almost instantly, Cordiela had pushed her into
a dressing room, and was throwing clothes over the top to her. Willow just
hated most of the clothing. She felt like a child dressing up in her mother’s
closet. “Cordiela . . . We are going to have to try something else. . . This
isn’t. . .” She stopped as another outfit was thrown over the door.
“Here, try this one... I think its something you would like, and it’s the look
you are going for.”
Willow lifted the clothes off of the door and held her breath. The pants were
black, and they had the appearance of leather. She brought them up to her nose
and sniffed. They were leather all right. She quickly drew them over her legs
and actually liked the way that they felt, and looked. They were tight, that
was something that she liked. They hugged her in all the right places, and she
had to admit. She didn’t look that bad. She looked up to see something green
being flung her way, and she grabbed the green shirt and pulled it on. She
noted that the shirt ended just below her breasts, and was also skin-tight. The
sleeves were long, and they bunched up nicely at the end of her wrists. She
turned around, and liked what she saw. She looked dangerous, a force to reckon
with. That’s what she wanted. “Well, come on Wills, Let me see.” Willow
opened the door and Cordeila smiled. “I think we have found what you have been
looking for.” Willow smiled and then looked at the price tag. Her face fell.
She turned around to take it back off, and flung it over the door. Cordiela
grabbed the clothes off of the door and walked off. The redhead pulled her
clothes back on, and frowned, as she looked at her self in the mirror. She
opened the door and almost walked right into Cordiela, holding a bag and her
hand out.

“Give me your forty dollars Wills.”

“Cordy, I don’t have enough for that. . .”

“Shush, I put it on my card. No one will notice, I shop here enough. So give
me your forty dollars, and i will give you this bag.”

Willow smiled and drew her money out of her pockets. “Don’t let anyone tell
you this Cordy,” Willow said as they made the exchange. “But you really are a
good friend.”

“Ha, don’t get postal on me now Wills.” Cordiela said with a smile. “Now, let’
s get you over to my house, and you can borrow some of my shoes to go with that
outfit.” Willow smiled and decided that maybe Cordiela wasn’t as shallow as
she thought.

Buffy walked around the corner, and stopped. “My spider sense is tingling. . .”
She muttered to herself as she flung her elbow backwards, and smashed into the
vamp behind her. There were four of them, and she smiled. “Gotta love those
odds.” She muttered before launching into a series of kicks and punches. She
drew her stake out of her jacket pocket, and took care of the one behind her.
Two others fell just as quickly, but the last one was proving to be something of
a problem. She threw a punch to his face, and he dodged, and knocked her into
the ground. She slid a few feet, and felt a burning sensation across her head.
She ran her hands across the back of her head, and pulled back crimson. This
pissed her off. She jumped up and surprised the vamp. After a complex series
of punches, she finished with a roundhouse kick, and them stuck him. She
watched his disappear into nothing as she smiled. “That’s for messing up my
hair.” Buffy said as she walked off.

Continued in Part IV