new to this

Hey all.
I've been on the list for a while, and a couple of days ago i decided to
take the plunge and start writing my first ever B/W fic. anyway, it should
be finished soon, but i was wondering if anyone could explain to me the
american ratings system (PG-13, NC-17, etc.) cos i have NO idea what they
mean =) (i'm in Australia, btw.)
Yeah, so, if anyone could help me out, i'd realli appreciate it!

-scr3amer (aka MuldersGal)