--- "A.M. Glass" <glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "A.M. Glass" <glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx>

Title: "Up To You."

Author: Angela
Copyright: Dec. 6th, 1999
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Joss owns all the characters from
"Buffy:
The Vampire Slayer" I'm just using them,
though not directly for this story.
Author's Note: Gee, what do I mean by the
disclaimer?
Well, I'm not mentioning anyone by name,
I'm leaving it up to you, hence the story title..
Feedback: Yes, please, I need to know if the story
worked and well, without your feedback, I'll never
know.
Thanks: I wonder how many people have actually ever
thanked the people who offered to beta a story, but
for some reason or other didn't get to? Well, I'd
like
to personally thank the following people who
responed
to my plea for help: Pat Kelly, Holly O'Neall, Jon
Penner and let me not forget, Special Agents Fox
Mulder and Dana Scully. I hope you won't mind if I
call upon your help for any other stories I write,
thanks.
Special Thanks: Goes to my beta reader, Cassandra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so here it goes.

I...

Or rather I think I'm in...

Boy, this is harder that I thought.

I mean, it's so easy for me to say the words in my
head, but when it comes right down to actually
saying or writing, even typing them, it's not.

Boy, that doesn't make much sense.

But then, I haven't been making any since I found
out.

Perhaps I should start at the beginning...

Yes, that's what I'll do, start at the beginning.

I mean, every story has a beginning, middle and an
end.

Except, I don't know what the ending is yet.

Alright...

Anyway, it started one morning, not very long ago.

In fact, it began yesterday.

So much for the dramatic build up.

My morning started off like any other.

Got up... got out of bed... dragged a comb across...

Wait, that sounds like the Beatles.

Anyway, I share my dorm room with someone... my
friend.

And, well this friend is really kind of special to
me...

Which is a plus, let me tell you...

You should have 'seen' my last...

Never mind, I'm getting off track.

Where was I?

Oh, yeah, my friend.

I wish you could see her the way I do.

It would take hours to mention everything I think is
special about her.

We've been through a lot together, you know, trials
and tribulations, that sort of thing.

So... I'm getting ready to go to class, when I hear
noise.

Not a loud noise, mind you.

But the kind that makes you stop what you're doing
and
look around the room to see if you can figure out
where it's coming from kind of noise.

It's not alien... something that doesn't belong...

In fact, it's very familiar.

It sort of gets your mind wandering...

You've heard it before...

But...

'Not' because you've made it...

No...

No you.

Not really.

But, you 'know' what it is.

And you know you're not making it...

So... that could only mean one thing.

'And, if I'm not making it... then.'

That's when I turned in my friend's direction.

The absolute last thing I'd ever want to do is
embarrass anyone, not really.

Okay... so there was that one time when I...

There I go again, I must love getting side-tracked,
maybe I'll get one of those S.U.V's one day and
really go off-track.

Okay... um... NOISE! Yeah, okay... noise.

So, I kinda walk over to where she's sleeping, and
the
closer I get, the louder the noise seemed.

Um... I've never really expected her to make 'that'
kind of sound before.

It made me look at her differently, it's as if she's
grown up and I hadn't really noticed until now.

The next thing I know, I'm kneeling beside her
bed...

I couldn't help myself, honestly I couldn't.

Well, she... um... she kind of starts... panting.

And...

Her... her legs, they start moving a little, up and
down, sometimes they cross over each other.

And I'm telling myself:

"Leave.... leave before she wakes up."

I can hear it over and over in my mind, but I can't
move.

I'm frozen in place.

I have to say, I thought the room started getting a
tad bit warmer.

She's having a really... really... have I mentioned
'really' yet? A good time, wherever or whatever
she's doing in her dream.

It's getting to the point where I'm actually
starting
to fan myself.

I'll tell you something else I didn't notice it
right
away, but... I... ah... I started imitating her
breathing patterns.

And she was breathing pretty fast.

I could see tiny beads of perspiration form on her
upper lip.

She moaned, a little louder this time.

=== message truncated ===