--- Cassandra <goodms01@xxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Cassandra <goodms01@xxxxxxx>

This is my first attempt at fanfic... be gentle. =]

Disclaimer: This story, "Lupine Dreaming," is
written on
buffyloveswillow's weekly theme of dreams. In
addition,
this story is written directly in answer to Ivy
Gort's
challenge to the buffyloveswillow list, even though
it will
end up on both buffyloveswillow and buffywantswillow
(I'm
anticipating at least one steamy sex scene). Thus
it will,
before it is finished, contain these 5 elements:
1) Willow saves Buffy.
2) Willow tells how she and Oz are OVER.
3) Buffy reminisces about her one night in Angel's
arms.
4) The number three must be somewhere.
5) Giles makes a phone call regarding his anxiety
over one
of the Slayerettes.

And now for the legal stuff: Buffy, Willow, Giles,
et al.
are owned by Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy. I am
using them
for entertainment purposes only and am not gonna
make any
money out of them. However, the plot as written is
mine, so
please keep my name and email attached to it.
Couple: Buffy/ Willow. And if two girls in love
offend you,
go away.
Feedback: hell yeah.
Archive: please ask.
Author: Casseigh (casseigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Special thanks: scr3amer

Lupine Dreaming, Part 1 of, well, more than 1

Oz looked up. It was still dark. /What a
strange
dream…
oh well./ He curled up and went back to sleep.
Things howled outside his cabin - it felt like
home. Most
of him missed Willow, but there was nothing he could
do
about that. He had left because he had to, not
because he
wanted to be without her. He would live. In the
end, he
would love her all the way, or none. That's why he
was
here. He didn't want to make Willow think about
what he had
done with Veruca, what the two of them had…
He didn't want to think about it. She was no
good
for
him. He was glad she was dead. If only he hadn't
killed
her himself…
Anyway, he was tired. It was the middle of
the
night. He
was going back to sleep.

* * *

He saw Willow, standing in his empty room.
She had
picked
up one of his shirts, was crying into it softly.
"Will, no…" he thought. Said. Something.
She looked up, confused. "Oz?" she said,
disbelievingly.
She peered around the room, but all she saw was the
familiar
mess, which she knew was going to get cleaned out
soon, and
she had better pack up for him… she started by
looping an
extension cord around the back of a chair, to get it
folded
nicely. There, she thought, that's - "OOOF!" She
sat down
hard and cursed her clumsiness. /If only I was
graceful,/
she thought. /Buffy's so beautiful when she fights…
no.
Can't think about Buffy. Gotta pack Oz's stuff./
Willow
got a box from the closet and started tossing books
and
random black boxes (that could, she surmised, create
music)
into it.
After a few hours, she sat back and sighed.
Most
of Oz's
stuff was in boxes, and she had already had two good
cry
breaks. She just wished she didn't feel so forced
doing
them - her mind kept wanting to pull her back into
the look
Buffy had given her when she said she was going over
to Oz's
place, when she might have seen for a split second -
/no,
Willow. Don't get your hopes up. She's just your
best
friend. Nothing more./ Anyway, she was almost done
now…
but how was she going to get these huge boxes back
to her
room?
Willow looked at the clock. It was about time
for
Buffy to
be coming back from patrol… She plugged Oz's phone
back in
and dialed her room's number.
"Hello?"
"Hi, Buffy? It's…"
"Wills, what's going on? Where are you?"
"Over at Oz's… I came to mope, no, I mean, I
came
to…"
"What's up, Wills? You doing OK?"
"Yeah. I mean… no, I need your help. I mean
- I
packed up
all his stuff into boxes and I can't carry them
across
campus all by myself. Can you come and help?"
"Of course, Wills. Be there in less than the
time
it takes
for a staked vampire to dust."
"OK, Buffy. Be… be careful."
Be careful? She was talking to the Slayer.
Why
had she
told Buffy to be careful?

* * *

Oz stirred, and wondered. Willow loving
Buffy?
They were
good friends, but… the thought was disturbing.
/Then
again/, he thought, /I'm here to be disturbed./ He
rolled
over and went back to sleep.

* * *

Buffy wandered slowly toward Oz's old house.
That
conversation with Willow had been a little surreal…
she
wondered what was happening in her best friend's
pretty red
head.
/Damn it, Buffy. You can not think like that.
Not
only
are you still dealing with the fact that Angel is
back, soul
and all, and won't be with you, you know that Willow
is
very, very sad that Oz just walked out on her. You
will not
be crushing on your best friend./
"Do whatever makes her happy," Oz thought, his
mind
heavy
and slow with his dream. "I want Wills happy."
Buffy looked around, confused. /That couldn't
have
been
Oz. I saw him leave in that van. Well, Willow saw
him,
anyway. And that's almost as good. She'd never lie
to us./
Buffy looked up, surprised to see Willow
leaning
out of
Oz's window. "It should be unlocked," called the
witch,
"assuming that little trick worked."
Buffy tried the door. Though it electrocuted
her a
little,
it turned easily. She wandered through the messy
house and
up the stairs to Oz's old room.
When she got there, she was shocked to see
that
every bit
and trace of Oz had been packed into two large
boxes.
Willow sat in the desk chair by one of them, crying
softly.
"Wills," Buffy mumbled, running over.
"No, no, I'll be -" Willow hiccuped from her
sobs.
"I'll
be fine. Promise." Really, Buffy, it's all better
now.
Now that you're here…

=== message truncated ===