FFsummersun

Hello folks
this is the sequal to rain. I sorta promised Rodrigo I'd stop badmothing my
stories so I'm not gonna say it's crap but just for posterity it doesn't
mean it's not.
Spoilers:ha ha ha
Contenet: ha ha ha
Disclaimer: me own buffy characters? ha ha ha
authors note:sequels are never as good as the original

Summer Sun

It had been a whole summer since that fateful night when everything had
changed, the night Angel died, the night the world almost ended, the night
Buffy left, the night Willows whole belief system crashed, the last night it
rained…Ever since then Sunnydale had been enveloped in a heat wave that
caused the rampant bad emotion to fester.

Willow stood looking at the window as if expecting to see a person looking
out at her looking in. She envisioned what she knew to be on the other side
of the glass, the desk, the closet, and the bedside cabinet where Buffy kept
her journal; she briefly wondered what if anything was written about her.
And then there was the bed; Willows mind lingered on the bed, being pushed
everso gently onto it, Buffy pulling…No bad memory engram don’t need to go
there again. Willow had given up trying to define what it was that had
occurred: Was it making love when one person wasn’t in love, they just
needed a person, any person? Was it just sex when you were so in love that
you just wanted her near you regardless of whether or not she felt the same?
She didn’t suppose it really mattered Buffy had left, had left her and
anyway she was going to a senior, a miserable and repressed senior but
still…

The bus was moving swiftly; to swiftly for Buffy she didn’t want to reach
home, home it was only recently she had started calling it that again. She
had spent her summer developing waitressing skills, saving the world (again)
and moping, she wasn’t even sure whom she was moping over Angel or Willow.
Angel was gone but Willow wasn’t going back would only cause her more pain
and she remembered her promise “I promise not to hurt you again Willow.” But
she had to go back but she still didn’t know what she was going to do…

Just because Buffy and Willows lives had collapse around them it didn’t mean
vampires had an excuse to slack off. This particular 200 year old European
vampire was stalking an innocent looking redhead down a valley, innocent her
blood would be pure and taste better, as he made a grab at her from behind
she whirled and screamed for help “Oz, Xander, Cordelia!!!” Footsteps coming
down the alley, no matter he’d be prepared for them all and then…a
girl…blonde…. Pain…. A stake…. There shouldn’t be a stake there….
“Buffy”
“Willow”
“Ohmygod”
“Idon’tknowwhattasay”
“Buffy your back” was Xanders slightly obvious contribution.
Xander, Oz and Cordelia stared at Buffy in awe, but Buffy didn’t even
acknowledge them she was totally focused on the beautiful redhead who was
staring so cruelly at her.
Willow looked at her friend, ha friend with that she turned tail and fled
down the alley.
“Wills, hey” Oz called starting after his retreating girlfriend a strong
vice-like grip on his arm stopped him.
“I’ll go, I think we need to talk…I will explain to you guys tomorrow” Buffy
bolted after Willow.
“So what do we do now” wondered Cordilia
“We go see Giles I guess” replied Xander

Buffy hadn’t wanted to hurt anyone, all she had ever wanted was have a quiet
life but that wasn’t possible and she’d accepted the vampire slaying thing
but this it was beyond anything she could slay, beyond anything she knew how
to handle. She had hurt Willow by going away and hurt her more by coming
back. Willow was a good person who didn’t deserve to be hurt. Oh there she
was Willow was sitting on a gravestone with her face in her hands, was she
crying?
“Will please don’t cry…please…I never meant to hurt you…please…it’s the last
thing I’d ever want” Willow jumped up, her clear eyes flashing with anger
“HOW DARE YOU! How dare you, you used me, you took advantage of me, and then
left me! Do you have any idea how worthless that made me feel, how ugly and
pathetic and just when I was moving on YOU COME BACK, you come back and say
you didn’t mean to hurt me well I’m hurt all you’ve done is hurt me. Hurt me
by using me hurt me by leaving me and hurt me most by coming back.”
“Willow please…” Buffy reached out for her friend who, with surprising
strength, struck her hand away.

Life went on of course. Buffy went back to school, back to slaying. Her
mother forgave her, Giles forgave her, Xander and the others forgave her…But
Willow didn’t on some level Buffy didn’t believe she deserved to be
forgiven. They moved on of course Willow helping save the world and such but
every time Buffy saw Willow and Oz together it hurt deep inside her and the
only thing that would make that pain go away was forgiveness, forgiveness
that wasn’t forthcoming.

Willow was walking towards home admittedly at night this was not incredibly
bright. But she was just back from Oz’s place. Oz was wonderful her
wonderful boyfriend who loved her for once it was nice to be the loved one.
For years she’d been in love with Xander watching him chase after everything
in a skirt, she’d accepted Buffy would never reciprocate what she felt, for
one night she’d been able to believe that maybe Buffy did, but no, she’d
been so ashamed of what they did that it had driven her outta town…. Willow
was so lost in thought that she didn’t hear the footsteps coming up behind
her until a hand grabbed her arm and she was twisted to face a…Vampire with
it’s game face on, obviously ready to feed, she tried to yank away, fumbling
for a cross, holy water, anything, she didn’t even feel the fangs sink into
her neck.

Buffy was on patrol she wished it would rain it was October and still the
irritating Indian summer continued. Rain would help, why wouldn’t it rain.
Her spider sense tingled, oh well time to save the world again. She took off
at a jog down the alley to see a vampire slurping over its prey; her eyes
caught a flash of red hair. Willow! She increased her pace
exponentially…Don’t let her be dead, please don’t let her be dead, don’t let
me have let her be hurt again…she collided violently with the vamp driving
her stake into random body parts “BASTARD, YOU DARE HURT MY WILLS, YOUR GOIN
DOWN” at this point her stake intersected with the vamps heart and it turned
to dust. She ran over to the red-head and cradled her in her arms “please be
alright, please be alright, don’t die, you can’t die before I’ve made
everything up to you before I’ve shown you how much you mean to me, before
I’ve told you that the night we spent together meant more to me than
anything and the only reason I left was because I don’t want to hurt you
more.” Breath.”And that I love and I don’t care if you don’t feel the same
and never do. I do love you and will always make sure you are safe and
happy. I will always be watching over you Will, but please come back to me
so I can do this…”

Willow was surrounded by light, memories were fading everything was become
blurred she wanted nothing more than to just let go when a sharp, loud voice
pierced the void “ I love you…” the light became less intense and the world
swirled back into focus.
“Bu..Buffy?”
“Will. Oh thank god your alive!”
“Buffy, listen to me I forgive you and I’m sorry…for losing my temper you
didn’t deserve it”
“But I did what I did to y…”
“Wait stop…I…I… love you…I want us to be together, properly”
As Buffy sat cradling her love in her arms all the pain she felt left her
Willow forgave her and loved her and that was all that mattered. All of
Willows pent up resentment disappeared as soon as she discovered Buffy
hadn’t been using her. And as they both revelled in their newfound love and
happiness it started to rain gently.

The End….

questions? comments?