FIC: Royalty: Chapter 8 (Reunion)

Hello all....
Well I took some time writing this short chapter here, why you ask? well because it's special, just read and you'll find out:

Last chapter we saw Buffy fall down with stake in her shoulder, need I say more?

Royalty
By: Stefan Cilia
Chapter 8: Reunion

"ARGH!" Buffy screamed in pain and tried to arc up from the bed, but Spike held her down. Giles was talking to the clans leaders gathered outside, he glanced back at the door as the scream rang through the halls.
"Just two more pulls, then it will all be over." Willow said as she pulled at the stake again, which had been lodged in pretty tight and therefore they had had to inch it out inch by inch.

"One more pull!" June said as she readied the bandages.
"Hear that Buffy?" Willow asked
"Great just pull." Buffy muttered through the pain and bit down.
"Ready?" Willow asked looking into Buffy's eyes, wanting nothing more then to take the pain away. Buffy nodded. Then there was a muffled cry as the stake came free and June set to about getting Buffy out of the stained and dusty clothes and dressing her numerous wounds. Willow turned to Spike.
"Spike go and see what's going on." She said and Spike merely nodded and left, she then kneeled down at Buffy's side.
"How are you feeling?" She asked, moving a strand of her from her face, the calmness of her voice replaced by sincere concern.
"I've had better days." Buffy said in a weak voice as the adrenaline and pain faded.
"You'll be fine dear. Now sleep." June said as she finished the bindings on Buffy's shoulder. There was no sound, except for the soft chant Willow sang while June salved and dressed the numerous cuts on Buff's body and then dressing her in a fresh set of clothes. The chanting stopped and Willow carefully laid a hand on Buffy's forehead. Willing the magic to flow from herself into Buffy. Brushing against her friend's soul.
"Well if there is nothing else?" June said and stood.
"You're leaving?" Willow asked her voice once again calm.
"You're here and that's all that she needs right now." June said gently.
"How can you be so sure?" Willow asked and for a moment the secure Wicca was replaced by a scared young woman.
"Give the woman some credit will you." Came a female voice from the corner.
"Lily what are you doing here?" Willow almost hissed.
"I bring a warning. The Slayer must no fight and no buts because this comes straight from upstairs."
"Any reasons?" Willow asked looked over Buffy's now sleeping form and noting June's discreet exit.
"Smart woman." Lily stated.
"I repeat what are the reasons?"
"It's not her fight, it's yours?" Lily said and Willow stopped before she could form a response. She had wondered why exactly she'd been called here and now she knew the why and under any other circumstances she would have just nodded, asked who she should go kick into the next realm and be done with it. Now Buffy was caught in the middle and that changed the entire equation.
"What does the kidnapping of the prince have to do with me?" She finally asked.
"That's merely just one string in the larger plot. A warlock seeks reentrance into this realm and of course he wants to establish a power base when he does. Therefore the prince had to be removed."
"Why now I mean the stars are all wrong and Buffy should have." Willow was cut off, but the sound of Buffy's voice.

"They struck early." Buffy said trying to sit up.
"Glad to see you're awake." Willow stated. "This is Lily my mentor of sorts." She then added.
"Pleasure, now what's this about me not fighting." Buffy said and rose a bit more.
"You're showing progress Willow." Lily commented.
Buffy looked at her cuts that had now faded. The wound on her shoulder still remained.
"I ask again: What's this about me not fighting?" Buffy asked in a firmer tone.
"Well you see this will be a magical battle and a simple stake or a drop of a sword just won't do the trick." Lily explained."Why do I feel insulted by that?"
"I'll still need your help." Willow said. "This guy isn't alone." She added.
"So I do get to fight?" Buffy asked. Feeling a little snubbed, but Willow seemed to be in control.
"Of course, you're my friend and there is no one I would rather have at my side" Willow said looking down at Buffy.
There was a soft ahem that broke the mood and both girls looked at Lily.
"I'll leave you two to." She paused and the went on. "Plan for the coming battle.." Lily then added and handed a parchment to Willow. "That's all the information the coven has. Take care Willow." And with that she was gone. Before Willow could reply to the below the belt shot she'd just received.

"So that was your mentor?" Buffy asked, maybe a bit heavy on the sarcasms, as she tried to move her shoulder but winched.
"She's really nice when you get to know her." Willow said gently forced Buffy to lie down, by laying a hand on her good shoulder. "And try to remain still. The spell can only do much. The rest is up to you."
"I missed you?" Buffy said. Willow's hand didn't leave the shoulder it rested on."I haven't been gone that long?" Willow said her voice taking on a different tone.
"Feels like forever." Buffy whispered back.
"Buffy I want nothing more than to talk to you about everything and nothing right now, but I need to know where they took the prince?" Willow asked."Not sure, but I think I can find the place."
"No need just give me the location where you were attacked I'll take care of the rest?"
"I am going with you!" Buffy stated firmly.
"Of course you are." Willow said with a smile, but the voice replied calm.
"This is really wigging me out." Buffy sighed.
"What is?"
"You being so calm, so in control of everything. I mean you're going to face a warlock and you act like it's something you do everyday. you don't, I mean fight big baddies everyday, do you? And why am I rambling?" Buffy asked casting her eyes downward
"You're a little scared aren't you?" Willow asked as she absentmindedly started stroking Buffy's hair. Buffy looked up into Willow's eyes, which seemed to glow a faint green glow of fires burning within and it felt like they were drawing her in. Willow started back into her friend's eyes, in them she saw a mixture of love and fear.
"In more ways then one." Buffy whispered as Willow's head lowered."Why are your eyes green." She whispered."Long story." Willow whispered back, feeling hot breath on her lips.
"Gotta tell it to me someday." Buffy muttered as their lips met, it was nothing like the searing kiss Willow had given Buffy the night they'd met again. It was like the feel of the seasons rolled into one sensation, to each other it almost like kissing something ethereal being. Their senses overloading from the briefest touch of lips. Willow's mind sought out another, the wiccan in her seeking more then just physical contact. Buffy allowed her in, the walls falling away, every emotion every memory laid bare. Every pain, every sorrow, all the regrets of paths not taken and all the love and joy, every single aspect of their beings. Open be to explored by each other.
Then it stopped.

TBC