FIC: Royalty: Chapter 9 (Inner Fires)

Hello all...

Well it's here as promised, now I'll keep quiet, but remember how Willow
talked about being afraid of being around Buffy and that Anya said Willow
would need her at some point? Now the plot thickens really gets interesting.

Last time we saw our heroes they were pretty cozy, now read on because after
this chapter nothing will be the same

Stefan Cilia

p.s. please don't hurt me after you are done reading? Now onto the story:

Royalty
By: Stefan Cilia

Chapter 9: Inner Fires

"Buffy." Willow gasped as Buffy pushed her away.
"You lied to me!" Buffy whispered. Willow looked at her friend with sadness
in her eyes. "I saw everything, the battles, the training. all the secrets."
Buffy paused as tear ran down her cheek. ".the lovers."
"Buffy I." Willow began.
"Don't say anything, just don't." Buffy said holding up her hand.
"I never meant, I mean I didn't fully realize until recently that.." Willow
tried again.
"What that you're gay." Buffy shouted as she sat up, the pain replaced by
burning anger.
"Buffy please don't?" Willow whispered.
"Wasn't I good enough, you had to sneak away to get your kicks."
"You were. are my best." Willow tried to explain as a tear ran down her
cheek.
"Then on top off all that you hide everything from me, I mean I'd accepted
the fact that you'd grown up but."
"I wanted to tell you." Willow pleaded, but Buffy blinded by anger and the
feel of utter betrayal didn't stop.
".this, I mean how could you have done some of those things. seen and not
told me I'm supposed to be your best friend..."
"STOP IT!" Willow shouted. "You dare to accuse me?" She said in a trembling
voice. "I left because of you, I left to protect you!" Her eyes flared up.
"Do you even realize how much power I have." She shouted as a faint glow
seemed to come over her and outside a thunder could be heard.
"Willow." Buffy whispered and for the first time in what seemed like years
she felt truly afraid.
"I left to spare you from what I've had to go through. The lovers were
something to ease the pain I felt because of you! I've seen things no one
should ever see, I know things that make the things in the Codex look like
fairytales. You things these streaks of silver are highlights think again."
Willow shouted she lifted slightly from the bed.
"I."
"You know nothing." Willow said through glanced teeth and then Buffy felt
herself being pinned down. "You could have had me long before I started down
the road I now walk, no questions asked, I would have forgiven you if you'd
left by dawn, but you never saw it."
"Will." Buffy was cut of as she felt Willow forcefully enter her mind and
mouth. Hands caressing her, but the caress weren't ones of love, but born of
rage, stored up anger and frustration.
"Willow please don't." Buffy pleaded as she tried to struggle. She couldn't
remember when she'd felt this helpless.

"Get of her." Spike shouted out in utter outrage as he pulled Willow of
Buffy.
"Have you completely lost your marbles Red?" He asked as Willow struggled in
his grip.
"Spike let me go!" Willow commented. Buffy curled up into a fetal position,
as
Willow broke out of Spike's grip.
"I don't want to fight you Red." He said solemnly. Willow drew a slender
sword from underneath her cloak.
"This isn't you Red. You don't hurt your friends." Spike said as Willow
struck, but the sound that was heard was one of clashing metal.
"Look who's talking." Willow hissed as the flames in her eyes flared and her
eyes turned completely green. Spike pushed her back and glanced at Buffy,
which lay at the head of the bed, sobbing.
He felt the anger growing, but forced it down and attacked, moving fast,
catching Willow slender blade in his hand and brought his to her throat.
"Look what you've done!" Spike ordered in a low voice and forced Willow to
look at Buffy. Blood tripping down the blade of the sword onto the floor.
Buffy was curled up into a ball, the nightshirt June had dressed her in was
now torn in several places and there were claw marks visible on her thigh.
"Take a good long look at your handy work." He said as Giles burst through
the door. Willow dropped sword and looked down at her hands, the flames in
her eyes fading.

"Get out!" Giles hissed after he'd examined Buffy's tear streaked and terror
stricken face. Willow didn't move she just stared down at her hands.
"Get the hell out off here before I do something I might regret, which at
this moment is doubtful." Giles said in eerie calm voice and half drew the
dark blade from its sheath. Willow looked up at Giles and then at Spike and
finally at Buffy. She then closed her eyes and was gone.
"What the hell happened here?" Giles demanded.
"The reason she didn't wish to see you." Came June's caring voice.
"What do you mean?" Spike asked as he wrapped up his hand, the blade was one
of magic and therefore the wound was permanent.
"I was approached by Willow's mentor after I left the room, she told me
something important." June said as Giles gathered Buffy into his arms and
started rocking her back and forth.
"The green glow." Spike suggested.
"Among other things. It seems that your friends powers are not growing hand
in hand with her control. Your friend didn't do this to Elisabeth."
"Looked that way to me." Giles said as Buffy began to cry into his shoulder.
"No, she was overcome by her power. It brought everything to the surface,
every hidden emotions, every primal wanting." June said in solemn voice.
Buffy's sobs got louder. Spike growled, his honor and strangely his demon
both demanded revenge.
"I'll make her sorry she was ever born." He said in full game face and
picked up the blade Willow had dropped.
"You will do no such thing." Anya stated as she stepped into the room.
"Anya?" Spike said in disbelief.
"Buffy!" Xander shouted as he ran into the room, dropping a bo-stick along
the way. Spike glanced outside, the guards were standing up, looking rather
angry, but he motioned for them to stand down.
"I told you I'd be needed." She said as she extended her hand. "Give me the
sword!"
After having glared at each other for a moment Spike reluctantly handed it
over.
"What will you do now?" Spike asked.
"I'll go and find Willow. Then we'll sit down and talk. If that doesn't work
I'll just have to knock some sense into her" Anya said.
"How about we skip the first part?" Xander suggested, but there was no humor
in his voice as he looked up, only anger and hurt.
"Xander stay with Buffy, she'll need to have her friends around her." Anya
said as she turned to leave.
"Let me send some guards with you." Giles suggested.
"No Giles. I will go alone, no reason to scare Willow more." She explained
and left.
Giles stood up and carefully laid Buffy now sleeping form down.
"What do we do now?" Xander asked.
"They won't kill Daniel until the time is right. Which is in a month or so."
Giles said.
"We take control." Spike stated simply. "The clans will need leadership in
the Daniel's absence and we're it." He explained as he picked up the
parchment on the nightstand.
"How? We have no authority." Giles began.
"Leave that to me, politics are my game." Spike said, glanced at Buffy and
left.
"Xander?" Giles asked.
"I'm staying with Buffy." Xander said firmly.
"Of course. June please take care of her?" Giles said and started checking
the guns and stakes in his coat.
"You're leaving?" Both Xander and June asked.
"Someone has to protect the city tonight." He stated as he took of his
glasses, bent down and kissed Buffy's forehead.
"You're not going to anything stupid are you Giles?" Xander asked and got no
reply, because Giles was already gone.
"At least call Faith or something!" He shouted after him.