FIC: Royalty, Chapter 13 (Inner Fires: Willow Rosenberg)

Hey all...

Chapter 13 is done. now although the title of it says Willow it leads pretty
much up to the grand battle! Some of the freaking plot is explained!
Next up in fourteen it's End Game and Spike just how sweet he can be?

NOTE: The order of events is pretty screwy I know. Like how in the hell can
Spike show up in this chapter when everything is happening in one night and
so on! Lets just say that Buffy prayed for a while and that the drive to the
church in chapter eleven was a long one.

Royalty
By Stefan Cilia

Chapter 13 Inner Fires: Willow Rosenberg

"Willow." Anya said as she moved through the house. The Willow's sword
poised in her hand.
"Go away!" Echoed through the house.
How did she find me? The sword, stupid, stupid Willow. Willow thoughts as
she moved through the house.
"Willow I just want to talk to you."
"I don't care."
Anya dodged a magical blast. Why do I bother. She thought.
"Willow this isn't funny."
"No it isn't."
"She will forgive you."
"No she won't."
"Denial isn't just a river in Egypt."
"Funny."
A shadow passed in front of her.
"Why are you making this hard on yourself." Anya said as she ran her hand
over the wall. "If you don't get your silly little head together she'll
die." She said.
There was silence.
"You know that don't you?" Anya asked after a minute or so
"Yes."
"I can help you." Anya offered and blew some glittering dust from her hand.
"Your not supposed to know how to do that." Willow said from the shadows.
"I've still got a few surprises left."
"I can't control it." Willow said and green eyes flared in the darkness.
"I know that power isn't something easily tamed that's why I'm here."
"You think you can help me?" Willow asked in a mocking voice as a shadow
passed before Anya eyes,
"I know love when I see it." Anya said and reached out her hand.
"You know nothing!"
"Okay I've just had about enough of this." Anya said, spun around, grabbed
Willow and slammed her against the wall.
"Now you listen here little girl. Buffy is hurting, Giles and Spike are
acting like they've lost their marbles and Xander is worried sick and when
he gets worried I get worried."
"Go to hell."
"To late."
Anya felt herself being slammed against the opposite wall.
"Never attack a spell caster directly. You of all people should know that."
Willow said.
"If you insist." Anya said a threw some more glitter over Willow.
"Fairy dust can't harm me."
"No but it will calm you. Now sleep." Anya said in a soothing voice Willow
took a step forward and then fell down.
"Glad that worked." Anya muttered and picked Willow up.

Willow stood on a green field.
The whole world seemed to spin around her and then there stood Buffy..
"Hello Willow." She said and touched her cheek.
"Buffy I."
"Don't say anything, just lie with me." Buffy said as pulled Willow down.
"I'm sorry." Willow cried.
"For what dear." Buffy asked. They were still laying in the field. But it
Buffy seamed older.
"Nothing." Willow said and hugged Buffy close.
A red haired girl came running over the hills, with Spike and another girl
following close behind.
Willow smiled and then found herself sitting in a church.
"Dearly bellowed we're gathered here today."
Spike and who is that woman next to. Oh! Dear. Willow thought. The scene
faded.
"Hello grandma." Spike said kissing her cheek, she was now standing in a
hospital, accepting a baby into her arms.
Then she was back in the familiar room
"You're back." The voice said.
"I didn't have a choice."
"You want to be free of your powers."
"Yes."
"The future you saw will not be if you do. William will die alone and your
daughter and granddaughter will never be born."
"It hurts."
"I can only tell you that it gets better." The voice said.
"Willow." Came Anya's voice.
"Go." The voice said as the scene faded away.

"Willow." Anya said repeated and Willow's eyes fluttered open.
"It gets better." Willow muttered.
"What does?" Anya asked.
"Everything." Willow answered.
"That's good to hear, now you ready to be reasonable?" Anya asked laying the
sword on the bed.
"I'll help them, then I'll leave." Willow stated calmly.
"That was quick. So what's the plan?"
"I'll end this threat before it begins." Willow said bluntly and stood.
"You sure that's such a good idea." Anya asked, but Willow waved her hand
Anya was gone.
"No I'm not." Willow said and threw the hood over her head.
This is how it has to be. I'll go save the Prince and then destroy the
foothold the Warlock has in this world. She looked over to the desk. Pen and
parchment. She sat down and started to write.

Dear Buffy.

If you're reading this I'm either leaving, gone, maybe even dead. Either way
I'm asking you not to blame yourself. This is my choice and I beg of you to
respect it.

Love you as always

Willow

p.s. I know you'll come after me no matter what I say, but you will not find
me.

Short and to the point, she'll like that. No drawn out goodbyes or long
sappy letters. She thought and sealed the paper. She then pointed at the
letter and it was gone.

"Now lets go save the world." That said she now stood outside an old
warehouse.
Warehouses always with the warehouses. She thought. The two guards went down
in flames. She tried the doors, but they didn't budge.
"Everything the hard way." She muttered, laid a palm against the door and
chanted until it blew inwards.
Maybe this wasn't such a bright idea. She thought as she heard snarls and
growls from inside. Oho what the heck. The only light came from the
moonlight the came in through the roof windows.
"I've come for Prince Daniel Night." She thundered as she stepped through
the doors.
"Then you have come to your death." A voice that sent chills down sounded
across the warehouse.
"And you are?" Willow asked as she staked a vampire sneaking up behind her.
"My name is Viktor Argent." The voice said and a man stepped into the
moonbeam in the center of the room.
"Were is the Warlock?" Willow damned.
"He's around." Viktor said with a gesture of a hand and a shadow could be
seen moving around the room.
"You're the undying that attacked Buffy." Willow stated as she torched
another vampire.
"Guilty as charged."
"Then you must face judgment." A British accented voice echoed through the
warehouse
"You!" Viktor snarled.
"Yes me!" Spike said as he stepped up next to Willow. Sword in one hand and
a shotgun in the other.
"Spike what are you doing here?" Willow hissed.
"Taking care of business." Spike said simply.
"Oh then I must introduce you to my business partner." Viktor said and a
dark shadow rose behind him.
"Red what the hell is that?" Spike asked.
"The Warlock." Willow answered.
"Bloody." Spike said and then him and Willow went flying through the air and
slammed against the walls.
"Hell." Willow finished.
Viktor side stepped as the shadow took on the shape of a man in a billowing
red cloak.
"Red I thought this thing wasn't supposed to enter this plane until the
stars where aligned?" Spike asked as he hauled himself of the floor.
"Well apparently not." Willow stated.
"Okay what's the plan Red?"
"We need to get him to someplace holy." Willow said.
"But you told Anya you were going to kill him."
"In his shadows state yes."
"Just great. There is a church a few blocks away, now all we have to do is
get him to follow us." Spike said.
"Easy." Willow said and let loose a fury of bolts.
The figure turned and snarled.
"Nice plan pet. Now run!" He ordered as he pushed her through the door.
"Which way?" Willow asked once out on the street.
"This way." Spike pointed as he pulled a bike onto the street.
He started it and then the Warlock burst through the door.
"Get on." He ordered as Willow threw more bolts at the Warlock and then
climbed onto the bike.
Spike sped down the street, the Warlock following appeared as a blur of red
in the rearview mirror was not a pleasant sight.
They came to a shrieking stop next to a dark green Jaguar.
"Xander get your stick ready." Spike yelled as he threw open the door.
"We're in trouble right." Xander said as he looked up from wrapping his arm.
"Could say that." Spike said as Willow said as she started firing randomly
down the street.
"This is getting tiresome." She muttered. "Hey Xander."
"Hey yourself." Xander said as he picked up the staff lying in the passenger
seat.
"Spike you sure you can get in there I mean it's a." Willow started.
"I'll manage." Spike said as they ran to the door
"Get in. I'll set up some wards to stall him." Willow yelled over the
thunders and started weaving patterns with her hands.
The doors where flung open and a thunder crashed. The two figures kneeling
at the altar spun around.