FIC: Royalty: Willow Rosenberg

Hello all...

Now before I do the sequel I'm going to be doing individual small stories that lead up to the next big story

The title explains itself it's a year in the live of Willow in 800 words or so. Now for the return of happy? Willow...

Enjoy

Stefan Cilia

Royalty: Willow Rosenberg
Cilia

From the Journals of Willow Rosenberg.

It's fall, outside and the leaves are falling on the streets of Prague. I left my love a week ago. We kissed goodbye at the airport, Xander got all weepy and Spike had to hug him, much to Anya's dislike. Buffy has moved to San Francisco to help Spike, believe it or not. There was a formal change of the guards in Sunnydale. Wesley and Faith are in charge now. Goddess help us all. When I look back I'm almost sorry I left, but I like Giles must learn more, something I could easily do with Buffy. Still as much as I wish she could see this all with me, a part of me wants to shield her from the world I live in.

We burned the letter I wrote before going against the Warlock. It was a closure, a statement that no matter where I would go she'd always be with me. I go to sleep hugging a sweater like Spike would say I'm getting bloody soft, still it's nice. It's starting to rain again, so l think I'd better get inside.

Willow collected her book and walked inside. Magic awaited among dusty tomes and on the nightstand stood pictures of her and Buffy. Her, Spike and Xander and a group shot taken at the midnight barbeque they'd held. On the bed there rested an oversized, slightly worn, blue sweater. Willow smiled. She would never feel alone, she was happy although her love was oceans away.

Letters.

Dear Buffy

It's cold and dark, I hate Iceland. But there are some fascinating books to be found here about, yes you guessed it magic and myth. Miss you. Hope Spike isn't making a fool of himself.

Ran into Giles in London, he gives his best and apologizes for not returning as he promised. He looked okay, but like he had a lot on his mind. But he's collected some pretty need stuff during his travels.

I miss you wait I already wrote that, anyway I plan on returning as soon as I'm done here.

Love and kisses

Yours W.

p.s. no new silver streaks.

A ruby on gold chain fell out off the hidden compartment. Interesting. Willow thought as she rolled it over in her hands. No magic in this. Still it's pretty.

Dearest Buffy

I know I promised to return, but as I said in the e-mail I got called, no summoned to Rome. Gotta run train's leaving.

Love W.

p.s. did you get the ruby

Willow pushed the letter into the mailbox with a sigh, the third letter from Rome. The stay in Rome dragged on and the months blurred together and in late fall Willow found herself sitting in a café and writing once again.

From the Journals of Willow Rosenberg

It's been almost a year now sine I saw Buffy in person, she's studying archeology alongside with the occult. Daniel is awake, but still weak so Spike's still a prince. Buffy tells me that he's warming up to Luna. I hope he's happy he deserves it.
I miss her and I wish she was here.

Willow looked up from her book in the near empty café and saw the midsection of approaching person. Heels clicking on the marble, black pants, white blouse, a jacket casually slung over resting on shoulders. A hand with a golden insignia ring came to rest on her table, defiantly feminine. Willow's eyes traveled up, a ruby on a gold chain around smooth neck, familiar lips curved up in a smile, a nose she remembered kissing, small sunglasses rested on the tip of it and gray eyes looked over them.
"Hello Willow." Buffy said as her friend stood and hugged her tight. "Miss me?" She asked.
"Yes, yes, yes." Willow said kissing her repeatedly.
"Missed you too." Buffy said the smile obvious in here voice.
"I just can't believe your really here, I mean I was writing wishing and then here you are and it's like a dream, but is it real, your real aren't you."
"Willow, babble alert." Buffy said and called for a cappuccino which appeared surprisingly quickly.
"I know isn't it great." Willow said beaming and watched as Buffy sipped her cappuccino.
"So what brings you here?" Willow asked.
"You, silly." Buffy answered.
"No there is something more." Willow said looking into Buffy's eyes.
"Well yes, but." Buffy said and scratched her short cut hair.
"What?" Willow asked getting curious. Buffy sighed and pulled out a picture of small golden disk.
"See this." She said and placed the picture on the on table and traced the glyphs along the rim of the plate with her finger.
"I don't recognize it." Willow said.
"No one does that's why I'm here." Buffy explained.
"Why don't you tell me the whole story?" Willow asked and ordered an espresso.

TBC