FIC: Trough Thick and Thin (Chapter 5: Welcome to Sunnydale)

Hello all...

The heroes gather in this chapter and it is last call for bets on who's
Al'x?

You'll see:
1. Some major butt kicking.
2. Several sweet B/W scenes
3. Who is Al'x?

Enjoy!
Stefan Cilia

Trough Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 5: Welcome to Sunnydale

Sunnydale Airstrip
Sunday 2:0 AM

"Well here we are." Buffy said as she stepped out of the jet.
"Home sweet home." Willow said as she stepped down the latter after her.
Czar merely yawned. He'd seemingly compacted his wings together so he could
wear a coat, still seven feet of blue skinned, red eyed, half-demon did
stick out no matter how he dressed.
"Jetlag?" Willow asked with a smile and Czar smiled back. Feeling sorry that
he hadn't met this girl three years earlier, then he might have had a
snowballs chance in hell. But it was obvious she loved the Slayer more then
her own life.
"Captain keep the plane ready in that hangar. God knows when why might
need." Spike ordered the pilot before following them.
"Why do you thing we'll need the jet soon?" Buffy asked as she helped fasten
Willow's cloak and then stole a kiss.
"Age and wisdom Slayer, age and wisdom." Spike stated as he pulled out the
phone.
"Who are you calling?" She asked as they walked away from the jet, Buffy
holding Willow's hand.
"Faith she was on my who's who list. Unless you'd care to walk into town?"
He asked and dialed.
"As long as I'm with my Will." Buffy said with a smile and snuggled closer
to Willow, who just smiled her shy smile of old.
Spike made a choking sound as the phone rang.
"Spike?" Came Faith's voice over the phone. He nodded that her breath was
labored and there was some background sounds usually associated with a bed.
"In the voice." He said with a grin.
"To bad your sense of humor hasn't improved. Where are you?" She asked.
"The airstrip on the outskirts of town. We could use some transportation."
"I'll be there in ten." A yelped. ". twenty minutes." She said and hung up.
Spike looked at the phone.
"What did she say?" Willow asked.
"She'll be here soon." He said, no need to make them paranoid, since I have
a pretty good idea who she's shagging. He thought
"How soon?" Czar asked as he eyed the horizon.
"Ten, maybe twenty minutes."
"Well that's not soon enough." He answered.
"What on earth are you talking about mate?"
"The three dozen or so red robed individuals heading this way." He said and
pointed to the horizon. "And they'll be here in eleven or so minutes."
"What?" Spike said as he pulled a small pair of binoculars out of his coat.
"He's right." Willow stated as she gazed green eyed out over the horizon.
"Bloody hell!" He said and started going for his sword.
"Spike they're human!" Buffy exclaimed.
"What kind of monster do you think I am?" He asked in a matter of fact tone
as he pulled out two, twelve inch long, wooden sticks wrapped in leather.

"Mind if we assist?" Came an overly cheerful voice as two hooded figures
emerged from the shadows. The shorter one pulled back her hood, revealing
silvery hair tied up in a bun and distinctively pointy ears. The one dressed
all in black didn't remove his.
"That depends on who and what you are?" Spike asked.
"My name is Stjar'a and that." She said and pointed at her companion. "That'
s Al'x and if we told you what you wouldn't believe us"
"Al. what?" Buffy whispered Willow as she tried to pronounce the name.
"We're here to help." The man said stepping forward, his movements fluid and
graceful. "and it looks like you need it." He stated.
Spike who'd been taking stock of the pair stepped before the man and bowed.
"I am Prince William Blood and I accept your help noble warriors." He said
in a formal tone of voice.
"Then you shall have it." The man stated and pulled out a battle staff.
"Spike what are you doing?" Buffy asked.
"They're on the side of good." Spike explained.
"And how can you be sure of that?"
"It's in the way they walk, move, talk and smell." Czar said with a grin and
then he caught sight of Stjar'a stripping herself of the cloak, revealing an
impressive, not to mention formfitting, armor, decorated in blue and silver.
Then she produced a crystal that extent into a long slim staff with glowing
a blue light at each end, she smiled at him.
"I'm impressed." The demon stated as he stripped himself of the coat,
spreading his wings and drawing a Roman sword from his coat as he pulled
himself to his impressive height.
"Get ready people!" Spike shouted as shed himself of his coat and jacket and
marched to meet the approaching group.

"We demand the Disk of Destiny!" The leader of the back of robed group
demanded as the two groups faced on the middle of the strip. A tumbleweed
blew across the lane.
"Nice and to the point." Spike commented.
"You mean this." Buffy held up the disk. "Come get it!" She taunted.
"Don't mock me child. You're six we're three dozen."
"You're right, Spike, Willow why don't you sit this one out." Buffy said
with a grin.
"You bore me child. Kill them." He ordered with a wave of his hand and
arrows flew.
Willow waved her hand and an arrow heading for Buffy's head stopped midair.
Spike rolled and threw one stick, hitting the leader square between the
eyes. Al'x and Stjar'a bated the arrows away with their staffs and Czar
simply spread his leathery wings and turned around so the arrows bounced
harmlessly of his wings.
"Thanks Wills." Buffy said as she looked at the arrow hovering in the air.
"Thank me later in bed. Now lets kick butt." Willow said with a grin.
Willow and Buffy stood back to back, hitting or blasting their attackers,
with not enough force to kill, but enough to stun them.
Czar cut a path through the rank of their attackers, patting the attackers
away with his wings, hands, or the blunt sides of his sword.
Al'x and Stjar'a worked as a perfect team, batting their enemies away with
their staffs, or simply sweeping the legs from underneath them, the concrete
took care of the rest.
Spike was down to hand to hand combat, having thrown his second stick at the
attacker trying to sneak up on Czar, he'd set about kicking and punching his
attackers. He threw one to the ground with a loud thud. Another found his
kneecap demolished and a third felt his arm break with a loud crack.

Then a red painted Citroen screeched to a halt on the airstrip and two
figures jumped out weapons ready, but the battle was over. Giles wearing
only his training outfit and trainers and Faith being her usual formfitting
self, both sighed and walked over to their friends and allies.
"Looks like we missed all the fun." Faith stated as they approached the
group.
Oh! Shit he brought B. She thought as she spotted Buffy having her cuts
healed by Willow, while constantly interrupting the spell by kissing the
redhead witch. Whether or not this annoyed the witch or not was hard to
tell. Since she just smiled and started again.
"They seem happy." Giles commented.
"That they do."
Keep calm, don't act like you're shagging her ex-watcher and you'll live.
Faith reminded herself.
"Spike." Giles nodded as Spike walked up to them and shook his hand.
"Rupert a pleasure as always."
"Who are you're friends?" Giles asked, sheathing the sword onto his back.
"Well the large blue skinned fellow is Czar and these two call themselves
Stjar'a and Al'x." He said, then he caught a sniff of Al'x. No it can't be.
He thought and studied the man as Giles hugged Buffy and Willow while Faith
seemed tense. Czar was making conversation with Stjar'a, but there was
something about the man calling himself Al'x that looked, sounded and
smelled familiar. So much that it stung at his brain.
"Al'x would you mind removing your hood please?" Spike asked and the group
turned.
"Well I guess my secret's out." Al'x sighed and pulled back the hood. There
was a collective gasp as his face was revealed.

NEXT: Chapter 6: Guess Who's Back

Now Last call for bets who is Al'x? <g>