REPOST: Trough Thick and Thin (Chapter 4: What's Past is Past)

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 4: What's Past is Past

"Seven years." Al'x said as he walked through the streets of Sunnydale in
the sunlight, wearing a white suit, with the jacket slung over one shoulder.
"It's not such a long time." Stjar'a said. Looking like a summers night
dream in red knee length sundress and sandals, with her silvery hair flowing
freely. "In human years." She added.
"Sure go head make fun of me." He said as he put his sunglasses on.
"Sorry it's just this human obsession with time."
"Is kind of strange and yes it doesn't wear off."
"Even if you don't need to worry about it?" She asked.
"Especially then. I could forget myself and everything would be dust before
I knew it."
"Al'x you're not immortal." Stjar'a stated as they sat down on a park bench.
"Still five hundred years." He said as he stroked his short beard.
"Why did you grow that thing anyway?" She asked.
"There might still be someone here left alive that remembers me." He
explained looking around the park and saw children playing, a young couples
in having picnic, two elderly people walking among the trees.
"The warriors are gathering aren't they?" She asked.
"Yes, I saw it last night."
"Should we reveal ourselves to them."
"All in good time."

* * * * *

Giles stood and stared out the window while mentally kicking himself for
allowing this to happen.
"G-man?" Faith asked as she opened her eyes, noticing her naked form.
"What. what happened?" She asked.
"I'm not sure." He answered.
"We didn't."
"Afraid so." He said, but didn't turn around.
"Shit! B is going to skin me alive." She stated
"She will never know." He said calmly.
"So we keep quiet and deny that this happened?"
"Yes." He said simply.
"I'm not sure I could live with that." She said sitting up, not caring about
her nudity.
"You what?" He almost shouted as he spun around.
"It's done and what's past is past." She explained. Plus it wasn't that bad,
hell it was great. Her mind added as it analyzed the hazed memories.
"So what do you want to do?" He asked with a sigh.
"We do it more often. But no relationship, or idle romance."
"A tension reliever." He stated his eyes brightening.
"That's it. Can you live with that?" She asked.
"What's one more secret." He stated as he sat down on the bed.
"And Buffy must never know." She said.
"Couldn't agree more." He said as he leaned towards her.
"No you don't." She said with a grin and Giles growled "Shower." She added.

* * * * *

Somewhere over the Atlantic

"You okay?" Willow asked as she sat down next to Czar.
"As to be expected." The blue skinned demon answered.
"Spike will just have to buy a bigger jet." She said with a grin.
"She's scared of me isn't she?" He asked.
"A little, I mean she is the Slayer and you're the type of guy that usually
on the receiving end of Mr. Pointy."
"Tell me more about you life?" He asked.
"What more is there?"
"I've heard the edited version, but I'm old enough to know that theirs is
more behind it."
"What makes you think that?"
He just gave her look with his red eyes and lifted his wings a bit.
"Good point."
"She doesn't know it all does she?"
"She knows enough."
"She won't run away if you tell her the rest."
"Some of it is just too graphic."
"Try it on me then." He suggested.
"Ever see what happens to a person when she gets in the way of a angry
supreme warlock?" Willow asked.
"No I haven't had the pleasure."
"It gets ripped apart, shredded apart by the warlocks will."
"And you have seen this?"
"I've done it."
"I see."

"Spike, I don't trust him." Buffy said as she sat down next to him.
"Who Czar? Don't be silly Slayer ."
"He's a demon."
"Half-demon and don't forget it. He's more human in ways then even the great
poof." Spike said in defensive tone.
"What did he to do earn your trust?" She asked.
"He saved my life." Spike said simply.
"How?"
"I was on a rampage through the English countryside and he saved me from the
mob."
"Why? I would have let you rot."
"He told me that I had the power for good within me."
"But you didn't listen?"
"No why should I have. I was arrogant and young, not even a hundred years."
"You fought him didn't you?" Buffy asked with a knowing grin.
"Of course."
"And he used to make one of those neat hill carvings."
"Something like that."
"Maybe he isn't so bad after all." Buffy said and glanced at the demon and
Willow.
"Red seems to like him." Spike commented.
"She's just being Willow." Buffy said and gazed lovingly at her lover.
"Can't hate anyone no matter how hard she tries." Spike said.
"Probably saved you unlife more then once."
"Hey that stung."
"Did you ask Luna to meet us in LA."
"No I told her to stay in San Francisco and we'll be landing in Sunnydale
anyway."
"So being protective are we?"
"Sir we're approaching New York and we have to land for fuel." The Captain
said over the speakers.
"Saved by the bell." Spike said and pressed a button on his armrest.
"Is it night?" He asked.
"The sun is just going down sir." The Captain reported.
"Excellent." He said with a grin and then noticed Buffy smiling at him.
"What's so funny Slayer?" He demanded.
"Nothing, nothing." Buffy said and fled to Willow.