The Amazingly True Adventures Part 4/?

Title: The Amazingly True Adventures of Two Girls and
a baby.

just let me know so I can visit. If you already have
it by all means take it!!

Rating: PG-13 for now but subject to change

Disclaimer: Buffy and all of her people belong to Joss
Whedon and all of his people; I don't want to steal
them I just want to play with them for a while.

Spoiler: Everything up Hush

help out a friend and get much more than they bargain
for.

Feedback,: please, it's better that ice cream, and
makes me write faster. This my first Will/Buffy so
that just makes me extra nervous :(

Thanks & Dedication: Once again I want to give a huge
thanks to my wonderful spectacular BETA readers Jon,
Pat and scr3amer. I dedicate this to you. YOU GUYS
ROCK.!!!!!! Thanks for the effort, time and for
sticking by me. The next part is coming to you guys
soon I promise!!

To the list Moms and Dads for giving us a home, To
the wonderful & brave authors that share there stories
with us, and lastly to you all, gentle reader's, you
are who we are writing this stuff for.

SPECIAL THANKS: To all of the wonderful people that
wrote to me and gave me feedback. Thank you so much.
It means a lot to me, and makes me want to write more.
THANK YOU!!!!

OK done now.
Chapter Four

And Baby Makes Three

Willow slammed the book shut as hot tears raced down
her face and onto the leather cover of her journal.
For the fifth time that day, Willow covered her head
face with her hands and broke down crying. Her pale
shoulders shook with the force of her sobs, and time
stood still. Ten minutes later, Willow shook herself
from self-pity and grief. With a growl, Willow picked
up the nearest object on her desk, the journal, and
hurled it across the room. Willow smiled sadistically,
as it smacked against the wall with a satisfying thud.

"That felt good." Willow mumbled to the empty room.

Deciding on a new course of action, Willow quickly
changed from her "Funeral Dress" into a pair of loose
white drawstring pants and a forest green sports bra,
then scurried down the stairs and into the work room.

Willow walked over to her alter and lit a stick of
cinnamon incense, she then walked to the middle of the
room and plopped down into lotus position. After a
series of calming breaths, she found her Center and
began a simple meditation. When she was finished, she
hopped to her feet in one fluid motion, and walked
over to the small stereo mounted on the wall. Willow
popped Crystal Method into the CD player and cranked
the volume as loud as she could stand, then headed for
the punching bag in the corner of the room.

Willow circled the bag, bouncing on the balls of her
feet the way Buffy had taught her. BAM BAM, Willow
jabbed the bag in rapid-fire motion. Jab, jab, jab…
The movements were just pure power and rage. Willow
smacked at the bag, her hands a blur of motion, until
they were red and numb. Breathing deeply, Willow
inhaled the cinnamon scented air. The spicy fragrance
calmed her raw nerves. When the fury and anger had
abated, Willow stretched briefly, and once again began
to dance around the bag. Left, then right, she
punched the bag, following up with a snap kick and a
roundhouse kick. She began the routine again, only
faster, changing the punches and kicks every once in a
while. The blows were still powerful, but this time
they were controlled and accurate.

When Buffy got her black belt, Willow and Xander were
her first students and while her students were no
match for the teacher, they could both hold their own
in a fight, both demon and human alike.

Willow continued the routine; the kicks and blows
matching the tempo of the music. Her muscles screamed
and strained, sweat poured down her face, but she
continued, lost in the sweet oblivion of adrenaline
and physical exertion.

Buffy silently crept into the workroom, unwilling to
interrupt her best friend, who was working the bag
like a demon possessed. The fevered beat and mental
caffeine that was the Chemical Brothers beat violently
at her mind, as she studied her best friend as she
worked out. Buffy watched Willow with a
professional's eye and nodded approvingly. While
Willow was still lithe and supple like the tree that
she was named for, she was toned and firm. "She
reminds me of a sleek panther when she works out, all
stretch and strength and grace." Buffy though to
herself as a smiled tugged the corner of her mouth.

Sensing her friend's presence, Willow finished the
routine, then walked over to the CD and turned it off.

"I had some pent-up rage." She explained as she walked
over to Buffy and gratefully accepted the towel and
water bottle that the blond held.

"So I see." Buffy answered wryly. "You looked pretty
good, but you've turned your hands into hamburger
meat. You Ok?"

Instinctively Willow knew that she wasn't just asking
about her hands.

"I don't know why this is hitting me so hard Buffy. I
mean, I knew Jesse longer and Miss Calendar's death
was almost personal, you know with the whole Angelus
thing. But this, this is just different ya know?"

Buffy nodded encouragingly and waited for her to
continue.

"It just that everything that I am, is enraged at the
injustice of it. I mean I know that bad things happen
to good people, and that life isn't fair and all, but
it's like the rules don't apply with Tara. She was a
mom, this shouldn't have happened to her."

Buffy gathered her up in her arms, and they stayed
that way for a long while, not crying or talking, just
taking comfort in each other. With a sigh, they
pulled apart and smiled at one another.

"Giles, Xander, Anya and the little princess are here
with all of her majesty's stuff. We should figure out
where to put her."

Willow thought for a moment, and then replied "My
room, if that's okay. I have the most room, and the
bigger bathroom." She added with an evil grin. Buffy
loved Willow's bathroom and used the tub as often as
she could get away with.

"All we have to do it move the couch and the screen a
little bit, and she could have the whole corner by the
bed." Buffy said with a smile. "I said that you had
too many rooms up there." She teased.

Willow smiled once more at Buffy, squared her
shoulders and walked out of the room to meet her
friends, and the newest addition to her family.

*****

Three hours, and many arguments later Talia was set up
in her new home. After much discussion and
re-arranging of furniture, they found a comfortable
spot for Talia's Crib, Baby Swing and changing table/
dresser. It was close to Willow's bed, but not so
close as to be crowding. The gang had dinned on take
out Chinese and after much protesting they left,
allowing Willow and Buffy a chance to get used to
their newest boarder.

Buffy was now curled up on Willow's king sized bed
cradling the beautiful little girl. Willow came out of
the bathroom dressed in a comfy T-shirt and boxers,
toweling her hair dry. Her breath caught in her
throat as she watched the two together. They looked so
beautiful, so peaceful.

Smiling, she crawled into bed next to the two, and
placed a soft kiss on Talia's forehead.

"Hi there little one." Willow whispered as Buffy
passed the baby to her. "What do think of your new
home huh? We won't let anything happen to you I
promise." She vowed, as she held her new daughter
close.

Buffy quickly brushed away a tear that spilled down
her cheek. The sight of Willow and Talia together was
both beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time.

"I'm gonna jump in the shower real quick." Buffy said
softly "You need anything?"

Willow shook her head, smiling down on the baby in her
arms.

"Nah, I'm just gonna get acquainted with the little
one. You gonna come back up here when your done?"

"Sure, if you want me to?"

"Yeah, I do." Willow replied softly.

Buffy quickly padded out of the room, and headed to
her own.

The baby shifted in her arms, and snuggled a little
closer, her eyes fluttering in and out of sleep.

"How I am going manage this, I don't know the first
thing about babies." She muttered to herself, as she
reached over and flipped on the TV, turning to the
Disney channel.

"Might as well get used to this, huh?"

Willow and Talia watched the adventures of Mickey and
his pals for a while, until Talia began to fuss.
Muttering and Cussing under her breath, Willow managed
to change Talia, after destroying three diapers.

"Information, I need information." Willow muttered
once again as she shifted Talia to her hip, and
wandered over to the computer. Cradling the little one
in one arm, Willow expertly navigated the Internet
with her free hand. A few minutes later, Talia began
to make "I'm hungry" noises. Charging to her rescue
Buffy swooped in and scooped up the baby.

"I'm going to go feed her." Buffy called over her
shoulder, and headed to the kitchen.

Willow turned back to her online shopping cart, and
continued on her quest for knowledge of all things
"baby."

Twenty minutes and two hundred dollars later the baby
was fed, and every book, bauble and developmental toy
imaginable was on it's way, thanks to the marvels of
online shopping.

"Gee, Wills how much did you spend this time."

"Don't ask." Willow replied with a chuckle "At least
we'll be prepared."

Willow turned off her monitor, and crawled back in bed
with Buffy and Talia, claiming the baby once more. The
trio watched the Disney nighttime movie in
companionable silence, until eventually both Willow
and Talia fell asleep.

Buffy sighed softly, and watched them sleep for a
while, then when the baby began to squirm, she picked
her up and carried her to her crib. Leaning over the
crib, Buffy kissed the baby gently and placed her
housewarming gift to the child (Mr. Gordo) next to
her. Walking on tip toe, Buffy began to creep out of
the room.

"Is she asleep?" Willow called softly from her bed.

"Yeah, she'll be that way for a while." Buffy
whispered back.

"Come talk to me?" Willow asked patting the empty spot
on the bed next to her.

"How long do you think she'll sleep." Buffy asked,
nestling in to the pillows next to Willow.

"Not sure, Buffy. Gods there's so much we don't know
about raising a kid. What's she supposed to call us
when she gets older? Which one of us if going to be
the primary guardian, what are we going to tell her
about witches and slayers and vampires. I mean I
always assumed that I would have children some day, I
just didn't think it would happen so soon. I just have
so many questions."

Buffy patted her arm reassuringly. "The questions will
still be there tomorrow, Will. Right now all that
matters is that she is safe and loved, the rest we'll
figure out together." Smiling, she squeezed her
friend's hand. "How are you doing otherwise? By the
looks of things earlier, it looked like you were
trying to break the punching bag open with your bare
hands."

Willow sighed softly, and squeezed Buffy's hand back.
"I miss her, it hurts." She said simply. "But the
anger and rage have subsided some."

They both turned their attention back to the quietly
flickering TV screen, both aware of the fact that
nothing else could be said. Willow's breathing
eventually slowed and became even as she drifted off
to sleep. Buffy turned the TV off, and started to get
out of bed.

"Stay." Willow mumbled sleepily. Smiling gently, Buffy
snuggled into the comfortable bed, and was soon
asleep, secure in the knowledge that while the grief
and loss of Tara's death was still there, and would be
for a long time to come, the raw pain and anger had
abated enough to allow them to survive.

Tbc......

so what do you think?? Want more??

=====
What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Frostbite.