FIC: TT&T (Chapter 14: Waiting For Joyce)

Hey all!

Now this chapter tells just how much can happen in one hour while waiting
for Joyce, note the four main events all happen at the same time
Look out for:
1. Willow pulls a rabbit out of her hat
2. Al'x gets ready for war.
3. Stjar'a and Cordy, no that would be telling to much.
4. Amy gives Wesley a piece of mind

NEXT CHAPTER: The gang has to pull itself together and then pull Joyce of
someone.

Enjoy!

Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 14: Waiting For Joyce

Having raced the sun Angel bolted into Slayers HQ just as it broke across
the horizon.
"Glad you could join us." Buffy joked as she looked up and saw Angel come
rolling down the stairs into the basement.
"Glad to be here." He answered as he stood up and dusted himself off. Al'x
and Anya strolled in behind him.
"What's the matter Angel afraid of a little tan?" Al'x asked as the new
arrival calmly sat down.
"Is Buffy pregnant?" He then asked calmly and looked around the room. People
were in different corners of it. Giles and Faith stood next to the bookcases
surrounded by piles of books, which they were placing on the shelves. Amy
was tending to a cut Wesley was sporting on his forehead. Stjar'a and
Cordelia he knew were out in yard and Willow and Buffy sat the table
sporting expressions somewhere between absolute bliss and fright.
"Stjar'a informed be that the her aura indicted that." He went on looking
straight at Willow.
"She's pregnant I did a spell to check it." Willow answered she was excited,
but Al'x could hear the underlying dread.
"Who is the father?" Angel asked.
"We don't know." Giles said as he walked up to the table.
"But we think it is Red here." Faith said as they sat down.
Wesley could be heard getting up with a groan.
"Sorry about that Wes, no hard feelings?" Willow asked innocently. Wesley
glared at the witch as he took his seat.
"What happened to him?" Anya asked.
"Willow decided to give him free flying lessons." Amy answered and then
looked at the witch.
"Hey I said I was sorry, I was angry and when it comes to Buffy I tend to
get a bit protective." She said and placed her hand on top of Buffy's.
"Homicidal is more like it." Cordelia said as she and Stjar'a came down the
stairs both carrying training staffs and sporting a thin coat of sweat.
"What's the ETA on Spike and his group?" Al'x asked.
"The should be here in an hour?" Giles answered.
Stjar'a nodded her hello to Al'x as she sat down. Al'x eyes flickered
between Cordelia and his protégé before he nodded back.
"So who's going to tell Joyce the happy news?" Cordelia asked.
"She already knows?" Giles said.
"She what?" Buffy asked turning to face the ex-watcher.
"I told Spike and he in all likelihood told your mother." Giles explained
and then added. "Please don't kill me." In joke to ease things up.
"Giles." Buffy said in a sweet voice. "I would never kill you. I'd leave
that Willow." Buffy explained.
"The proud father to be." Al'x stated bluntly.
"Why don't we take a break while we wait for Spike." Wesley offered.
"I suggest you use this time wisely. There are dark days ahead and god knows
when we'll get another break." Al'x stated in serious tone of voice.
Everyone nodded their agreements and the group broke up into the now usual
groups.

Just outside of the town a jet landed and shortly afterwards a black car
sped across the tarmac towards the town.

* * * * *

Stjar'a and Cordelia spread themselves out in the basement, much to Angel's
annoyance.
"Sorry Angel it's not like it's our fault you've got sensitive skin."
Cordelia said.
Angel mumbled something to himself as he made for the stairs wrapped up in
thick black blanket.
"Think he'll make it?" Stjar'a asked.
"If not we'll be the first to hear about it." Cordelia answered with grin.
"You weren't lying when you said things were interesting around here." Stjar
'a said as she leaned in to pick up her glass.
"Well it's not always." Cordelia began, but stopped as she felt her hand
being brushed by something that felt like a morning's chill.
"Sorry cold hands I know." Stjar'a apologized and went for the glass again,
but stopped and looked into Cordelia's eyes, who was looking like gazing at
her wide eyed. Stjar'a gray eye's twinkled as she brought her lips closer to
Cordelia's.
"Stjar'a." Cordelia whispered as Stjar'a's lips brushed hers and she felt
that same chill. Like she was kissing a moonlit night.

* * * * *

"Wesley what are we going to do?" Amy asked the young watcher as they milled
around upstairs. Lining up weapons the table.
"Protect the Slayer of course." He answered.
"What if we can't, by the sound Al'x voice it looks bad."
"Then we fight till the last man." Wesley answered.
"And if we die?" She asked in low voice.
Wesley looked up over the shield he was holding and placed it one the table.
"Then we die." He answered calmly.
"Don't you feel anything?" She asked him with tears welling up her eyes as
she took a stop towards.
"They only get in the way of my duty." He answered.
"Then I guess this means nothing to you?" She asked as she pulled him
towards her and kissed him hard.
She backed away and looked at his stoic look. No sign of emotion, no hint of
either disgust or that he enjoyed it.
"You quite done?" He asked. There was a slap and the sound of running.

* * * * *
Willow and Buffy sat enjoying the summer morning and just being alive and
have each other.
"Life on the Hellmouth is never dull is it?" Buffy asked jokingly.
"Nope." Willow answered.
"You okay with all this?" Buffy asked looking or friends face in the morning
sun, the silver gray streaks gained from the life she once lived showing
clearly as the sun fell on them.
"Of course I am, I love you and I want this it's just that." Willow trailed.
"You always thought that it would be you?" Buffy asked.
"Well yeah sort of, I mean you're the Slayer, you have a duty and."
"And it could danger the child." Buffy said and placed a hand on her
stomach.
"Don't worry." Willow said and hugged her. "I won't let anything happen to
you or it. I promise."
"Promise me one more thing?" Buffy asked.
"Anything." Willow whispered.
"Don't throw my the Watcher around, we need them you know." She said with a
smile.
"Promise." Willow said and then let her go.
"Wills?" Buffy asked as Willow kneeled on the ground.
"Buffy." Willow began as she took Buffy's hands in her.
"Elisabeth Anne Summers, my best friend, the love of my life..." She began.
As silly smile spread across Buffy's face.
".my lifeline, my anchor, my guardian and the mother of our child to be.
Will you marry me?" She asked and looked up smiling.

* * * * *

"Faith are you sure that this is wise course of action?" Giles asked as
Faith pressed him against the wall.
"Al'x said use this time well." She explained.
"But people will hear." He stated.
"So, I don't care." She said as she tugged at his shirt.
"But I do." He said as he grabbed her hands.
"This can't go on." He then explained.
"Why I mean I thought." She trailed off.
"It's become too dangerous." He said as he sat down on the bed.
"To who you or me?" She asked as she crossed her hands in front of her.
"Faith there are forces that would use you to get to me." Giles explained.
"That rouge group of undying ones you told me about?" She asked.
"Among others." He explained.
"I don't care."
"But Faith you mustn't."
"What put myself at risk for you. I put myself at risk everyday why should
this be any different."
"These beings are ruthless." He exclaimed.
"So we'll fight them." She said as she sat down next to him.
"My journey is a lonely one." He explained.
"Then we'll go it together." She said and moved closer.
"Your duties are here." He explained.
"Then I'll wait." She stated.
"It could be long time." He countered.
"Then let us enjoy this moment of peace." She said as she kissed him.

* * * * *

"What's that?" Anya asked as Al'x pulled a golden bundle out of a non-script
brown bag.
"Dragon skin armor." He explained.
"I thought you said yours was in the Hall of Heroes." Angel said as he
entered the sun-proof room.
"It is!" Al'x explained.
"You also told me that those kind of armors were very rare." Angel went on
as Al'x spread out the golden armor.
"They are." He said as he pulled out a large golden sword.
"We're in for a shit-storm aren't we?" Angel asked as a black shield with a
golden sun crest came out of the bag.
"And aren't golden dragons good ones?" Anya asked.
"It was a dying gift." Al'x explained.
"Got anything else in your little bag of tricks?" Angel asked.
Al'x handed him slim sword, its blade was transparent like glass..
"Crystal?" Angel asked.
"An elven sword, a gift from the king himself." Al'x explained.
"Then I can't." Angel started.
"It's just another weapon." Al'x stated simply.
"Then I thank you." Angel said with a bow and Anya smiled at this.
"What?" Both men asked.
"Nothing just that's Angel's being all noble to you of all people." She
explained with a grin.

The black car came to a screeching halt outside Slayers HQ and four figures
emerged. One with fire in her eyes, the second marveling at how the world
looked in the light of day, the third holding on to the second with a smile
on her face and a few steps behind the fourth figure observed everything
with keen interest, or more to the point he was waiting for the fireworks
display to start.