RE: Fic: "Starlight", part three

Excellent, I hope more is on the way soon!

-----Original Message-----
From: jbstories _ [mailto:jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 3:08 PM
To: buffyloveswillow@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [buffyloveswillow] Fic: "Starlight", part three

From: "jbstories _" <jbstories@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Starlight"
Part Three

The morning sun was streaming in through the open curtains causing Buffy to
blink her eyes repeatedly as she attempted to watch the figure snuggled up
beside her. Willow's head was resting on her shoulder, and one of the
hacker's legs was thrown over hers causing Willow to lean into her. Her
friend was still very much asleep, but Buffy could just barely detect a
curvature at the edge of Willow's lips, confirming her suspicion that
Willow's was a 'good' very much asleep sleep. Buffy was very much aware of
the injury that she had suffered the night before, but the pain was nowhere
near where it had been before. One the few perks of being a Slayer, Buffy
supposed.

"Mmmm." Buffy looked down at the head nestled on her shoulder when she
heard Willow moan and tighten her hold on the Slayer. It looked like
somebody was just about ready to wake up, and Buffy was glad. It wasn't
that she didn't enjoy lying there holding Willow, but she really wanted to
see the girl without being in a state of monumental pain. Monumental pain
had a tendency to dull one's senses, and Buffy wanted all of her senses at
peak operating capacity.

"That was almost a word," Buffy drawled when she saw Willow start to blink.

"What you need know are some vowels. A, E, I, O, and it's time U woke up."

"Wha..." Willow muttered wiping at her eyes and blinking groggily.

"That was better, let's try for two syllables next time," Buffy responded
smiling at Willow's not entirely successful effort to wake up.

"Where am I?" Willow asked huskily before raising her head only to meet
Buffy's face which was about an inch from her own. "Wha..."

"Do you some sort of aversion to 'T's'?" Buffy asked her brows drawing
together curiously.

"Wh..."

"Don't go there," Buffy said cutting Willow off.

"Go where?" Willow asked backing off of Buffy a little.

"I never noticed how completely out of it you are in the morning," Buffy
said watching as Willow settled down again, this time on her own side of the

bed. "It's..." Buffy stopped and reconsidered her choice of words.
"Charming."

"Well, I'm glad you think so because I have absolutely no idea what we're
talking about," Willow responded finally fully conscious.

"Alright, let's see here. Firstly, I don't know what. Secondly, we're at
Giles' house. Thirdly, don't go saying 'what?' again. I think that about
sums it up," Buffy responded.

Willow was quiet for a moment and Buffy knew that she was trying to match
her responses to the questions that had been asked earlier. And, she knew
from the look on Willow's face that she wasn't being at all successful.

"Your chipper," Willow said finally deciding that de-coding the Slayer's
response wasn't worth the effort.

"No, I'm Buf-fy," Buffy responded sounding out her name phonetically.

Willow frowned at the sardonic response, but Buffy could tell that she was
amused by the way the corner of her lip twitched. The twitching was a
result of trying to suppress a smile, and Buffy knew it.

"You're obviously feeling better," Willow responded the smile finally making

its way across her face.

"Yep, better and I are like two pigs in a blanket," Buffy told her shifting
her position carefully so that she was directly facing Willow.

"How's your side?" Willow asked raking her eyes over what was visible of
Buffy's body. Buffy knew that her friend's extensive searching of her body
was due to purely platonic concern, but she felt her body begin to stir and
decided that the wisest course of action would what she like to call the
'make her stop that right now' defense.

"It's definitely better than last night," Buffy said drawing Willow's
attention back to her face. "Which is not to say that it's entirely of the
good," she continued not bothering with her usual 'I am woman here me roar'
strength routine.

"Are there any side affects?"

"Not that I can tell," Buffy responded thoughtfully. "But all I've been
doing is lying here, so it's kind of hard to tell."

"Let me take a look at it," Willow ordered softly.

Buffy looked at her.

"Bu..."

"Now who has an aversion to 'T's'?" Willow asked smiling.

"I thought you didn't hear any of that," Buffy said stalling.

"Quit stalling," Willow responded.

Buffy didn't move an inch.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before," Willow commented when she realized
that Buffy was holding up out of respect to some sort of modesty. The
Slayer raised an eyebrow at that. It was true that Willow had seen her at
various stages of undress, but she was certain the area that Willow needed
to check was going to far surpass those past stages.

"How do you think you got into those clothes?" Willow asked holding Buffy's
gaze under the Slayer looked down at her body for what Willow assumed was
the first time since waking up because of the surprised look on her face
when she saw what she was wearing.

"Transporter?" Buffy asked looking up once again.

"Sorry," Willow responded. "No Scottish men from space had anything to do
with it."

"Well, then I guess resistance is futile," Buffy said leaning back. "Go
ahead."

Willow reached over slowly and grasped the edge of Buffy's shirt. Lifting
up the edge of it she carefully raised the shirt revealing Buffy's abdomen.

She gasped.

"I've gotta tell you Will, that is not a confidence inspiring sound. More
like the complete opposite actually."

"There's just some...inflammation," Willow responded in what she hoped was a

confidant voice. She really couldn't help the gasp, she was surprised when
she saw what had happened to Buffy's side over the night. The cut itself
was healing nicely, but the skin around it, and dipping down into Buffy's
waist band was an angry red colour. It wasn't the like the night before,
the skin wasn't warm to the touch, and marks weren't the jagged lines they
had been, there were just these intensely red patches spread out over the
skin of Buffy's left side.

"Are you sure? Because if you're saying that just to comfort me I'm going
to have to get really, really worried," Buffy responded looking down at
Willow who had put on her poker face.

"Does this hurt?" Willow asked gently touching one of the red patches.

"Stop that," Buffy said grasping Willow's hand.

"Did it hurt?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"It tickled."

"Oh."

"Now what?"

"I have to see how far down the rash goes."

"Rash? What rash? You didn't say anything about a rash. Who has a rash?"
Buffy asked anxiously.

"I meant the inflammation."

"But you said rash, which is it?"

"It's...the redness?" Willow answered though it was really more of a
question.

"Redness?"

"Redness."

"What about the...redness, again?"

"I have to check to see how far down it goes," Willow reiterated.

"Oh," Buffy responded realizing the implications of what Willow had just
proposed. "Then by all means...be my guest."

Buffy knew that her breathing had quickened and tried to calm down. Willow
had just pulled down the waistband of the jogging pants she was wearing, and

was now lowering the pants to her ankles. She could see her abdominal
muscles quivering, and hoped that Willow wasn't as perceptive to her bodies
reactions as she was, cause if she was Buffy knew that she would, in the
words of Ricky Ricardo, 'have some 'splaining to do'.

"You know, usually someone has to be cursed for eternity, or buy me dinner
before they get into my pants," Buffy joked awkwardly, hoping that it would
at least take some of her focus away from where Willow's head was.

Willow looked up at her wide-eyed.

"Joke, it was a joke," Buffy said quickly. "I just meant that one could
take advantage of a situation like this, erotically as it were," she
continued cursing every syllable that came out of her mouth. "Not that I
think you would...or that...I was just...making conversation," Buffy
finished
lamely. 'That went well,' she thought to herself snidely.

Willow blinked.

"I like cheese," Buffy said at a loss for what else to say.

"I know," Willow responded finally snapping out of whatever trance she had
been in during Buffy's little mind fart, and the Slayer was grateful to have

the bright doe-like eyes off of her for the time being. What Buffy didn't
know was that Willow had been thinking the same thing about her position,
and her thoughts had taken the 'erotically as it were' path. She had been
still more out of fear that she had been busted, than out of shock from what

Buffy had said.

"How's it look?" Buffy asked desperately needing a return to the status quo.

"The 'redness' continues down your leg to about mid-thigh but it stops
there," Willow responded pulling Buffy's jogging pants back up. "It's
probably just a reaction, either to the bite or to the...treatment," Willow
continued shuddering a little at the memory of the way they had to treat
Buffy's wound.

Buffy sighed. "That's good."

"Yeah," Willow responded moving back over to her side of the bed.

"Are you hungry?" Buffy asked a minute later. They needed to get out of
this room, or more specifically out of the bed.

"Yeah," Willow responded quickly, perhaps too quickly.

"Let's get some grub then...and I've got dibs on the blueberry scones,"
Buffy
said. It seemed to her as if they ended up calling 'shotgun' for just about

everything in their lives. Sometimes it sucked to be young.

"You always get the scones," Willow said pouting.

"That's because I've got the stones," Buffy responded.

"What?" Willow asked looking up at her quizzically. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know exactly," Buffy said with a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Oh well, race ya!"

Buffy blinked as she tried to wrap her mind around the events of the past
few seconds. She had said 'race ya' to Willow, then she had flung her legs
over the edge of the bed with every intention of racing her. Now, she was
lying on the floor eating carpet-literally.

"Buffy," Willow said coming around the bed to kneel by her friend. "Are you

alright?"

"I think not," Buffy said pushing herself up into a sitting position.

"What happened?"

"I wish I knew," Buffy responded softly. Something wasn't right, she
could feel it. Something in her body was off somehow.

"Here," Willow said offering her hand to Buffy. "Let me help."

Buffy grasped Willow's hand and allowed her friend to try and pull her up.

"I'm gonna need a little help here," Willow said when she began realized she

was meeting resistance from Buffy's end.

"Willow, stop," Buffy said quietly.

"Why? You just have to..."

"No, just stop, it's not going to work," Buffy responded trying to hold back

the bile building in her throat.

"Buffy..."

"No, Will I can't move my legs," Buffy said cutting off the hacker once
again.

"What?" Willow asked.

"I can't move my legs, Will. I can't move my legs."

MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2067/3/_/651349/_/951941266/