Amazingly True Advrentures...Part 6

Title: The Amazingly True Adventures of Two Girls and
a baby.

wants it can have it just let me know.

Rating: PG-13 for now but subject to change

Disclaimer: Buffy and all of her people belong to Joss
Whedon and all of his people; I don't want to steal
them I just want to play with them for a while.

Spoiler: Everything up Hush

help out a friend and get much more than they bargain
for.

Feedback,: please, it's better that ice cream, and
makes me write faster. This my first Will/Buffy so
that just makes me extra nervous :(

Thanks & Dedication: Once again I want to give a huge
thanks to my wonderful spectacular BETA readers Jon,
Pat and scr3amer. I dedicate this to you. YOU GUYS
ROCK.!!!!!! Thanks for the effort, time and for
sticking by me.

To the list Moms and Dads for giving us a home, To
the wonderful & brave authors that share there stories
with us, and lastly to you all, gentle reader's, you
are who we are writing this stuff for.

SPECIAL THANKS: To all of the amazingly cool people
that wrote to me and gave me feedback, and to Rodrigo
for his wonderful comments and marriage proposal J
Thank you so much. It means a lot to me, and makes me
want to write more. THANK YOU!!!!

OK done now.
Chapter Six
Doubts and Dr. Suess

The sultry voice of Fiona Apple crooned softly in the
background. Half formed shadows flickered across the
walls, as Willow Rosenberg, resident Witch,
slayerette, and new mom rocked gently back and forth,
cradling the small child in her arms.

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant,"
Willow's rich voice rang out across the room. "An
elephant's faithful, one hundred percent." Willow
smiled as she looked up from her book and met the gaze
of the Slayer.

"Horton the Elephant?" Buffy asked, one eyebrow cocked
in amusement. "Isn't that a little advanced for her
Will?"

Willow chuckled in amusement, as she set the book on
the floor. "Well I've already read her One Fish, Two
Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish, and Go Dog Go, but she
doesn't seem to want to go to sleep."

Buffy smiled as she walked over to the rocking chair
and kissed the baby gently on the forehead, stopping
for a moment to ruffle Willow's hair affectionately.

"Is Talia OK?"

"Gee, thanks Buffy." She said in mock anger, flipping
her crimson hair out of her face.

"Yeah she's fine. I mean she's not fussing or
anything, I don't think she wants to sleep, that's
all. When I read to her, she just looks up at me with
those big ole blue eyes of hers, like she's saying
'OK, what do you have for me next'." Willow chuckled
softly, as kissed the little one on the forehead.
"It's like she doesn't want to miss anything. She
keeps studying me with those eyes... I thought baby's
were supposed to sleep a lot.?"

Buffy plopped down on the couch and began to unlace
her boots.

"I was reading that book this afternoon, before I went
on patrol "What To Expect The First Year" and it says
that sometimes you just have to let them lay down in
their crib. She will drift off eventually." Buffy
smiled softly and ran her hands through her dust
covered blond hair. "Why don't you go put princess in
her crib, and gather up the stuff that we got at the
bank today. I'm gonna jump in the shower and wash off
this vamp dust. I'll meet you back down here in a few
and we can go over this stuff together."

"Do you think that we should leave her alone? I mean
this is a new place and all. I don't want her to get
scared."

Buffy walked over to Willow and gently plucked the
baby out of her arms. Shifting Talia to her hip, she
extended her free arm and tugged Willow out of the
rocker, chuckling softly.

"She'll be fine Will, besides we can set that baby
monitor near the crib, that way we can hear if she
needs anything." Buffy, smiled as Talia instinctively
clutched her out stretched finger, then studied her
friend.

"It'll be okay Will, I promise. Your taking this Mommy
thing seriously aren't you?" She joked lightly.

Willow nodded

"I have to Buffy, we are all that she has left." Her
chin trembled a little, missing the joking tone in her
friend's voice. Willow's face scrunched up sadly as
she voiced her insecurities for the first time.

Buffy quickly walked over to Willow and gave her a one
armed hug. With her free hand, she gently took
Willow's.

"Will, I know that you are scared, I am too. This
whole situation is new to both of us and it is going
to take a little time to get used to, but everything
is going to work out." Buffy smiled sweetly at her
friend, and kissed the baby on the top of her head.
"I know that we don't have exactly normal or even safe
lives Will, but we will get through this the same way
we have gotten through everything else we've had to
deal with. Together. Heck Will's, we've vanquished
countless demons, monsters and vampires, not to
mention averted the apocalypse a few times, raising a
baby should be a cake walk in comparison."

Talia chose that moment to make little baby fussy
noises and burped loudly. The women looked at each
other, and then down at the little princess. Within a
moment they were giggling hysterically. After the
laughter died down, and they wiped their eyes, Buffy
handed Talia back to Willow.

"Okay, maybe it won't be a cake walk, but I know that
we can handle it." Without thinking Buffy gently
brushed back and errant strand of hair that was in
Willow's eyes. "Besides," Buffy said softly, "You are
going to be a great mom Will. Talia is a very lucky
little girl.

"Yes she is", Willow thought to her self as she smiled
up at Buffy. Impulsively, she jumped up and gave
Buffy a quick one-sided hug to avoid smothering the
baby.

"Thanks Buffy. You always know what to say to make me
feel better, you're the best."

"Tis nothing little lady," Buffy drawled, imitating
John Wayne. With a tip of her imaginary hat, and a
quirky grin, Buffy headed for the stairs.

"I'm gonna grab a shower, I'll be back in a bit. "
Buffy called over her shoulder as she disappeared into
up the stairs.

Hugging the baby close, Willow smiled, as a feeling of
contentment washed over her.

"Let's get you to bed little one," She murmured.

Willow hummed softly as she trotted upstairs, once
again feeling strong and capable of dealing with
anything that life had to throw at her.

Tbc…..

So what do you think??

=====
What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Frostbite.