Re: [buffyloveswillow] OT: Onelist has cool stuff

At 5:19 AM -0500 3/6/00, Kimber wrote:
From: ~~Kimber <kacoe@xxxxxxx>

I've been wandering around the onelist website and I noticed a while
ago that there's a
chatroom for us. now I've poked my head in there a few times but
all is quiet....nuthin
but crickets. What do ya say we pop in on each other from time to
time to chat or say hi
and stuff? I thought it would be a good idea.

Also, there's a place for file uploads where we can share pics and
stuff.. I'm rummaging
now through all my pics trying to find some rare ones of Aly and
SMG. I'll post them when
I find em.

Yeah. I was so glad when eGroups bought out Onelist. Onelist
inter-activity left a lot to be desired. Not being able to view and
search message individually, being one of the most annoying functions
in history. I can't even say how many times I had to comb through
daily archives, scrolling through every message posted for the day
just to get to the one I accidentally through out.

EGroups has already resolved this issue, and has started adding all
the features such as calendars, chats, polls, storage bin, group
database and more that has characterized them from the start. It's
good to be able to search by author, title, or body, and receive an
actual list of messages, as opposed to the archive they were stored
in. I've even been noticing that they are trying to keep the general
look and feel of onelist, but the new functionality is greatly
appreciated.

Alnisa
Alnisa Allgood
Executive Director
Nonprofit Tech
(ph) 415.337.7412 (fx) 415.337.7927
(url) http://www.nonprofit-tech.org
(url) http://www.tech-library.org
Nonprofit Tech E-Update
mailto:nonprofit-tech-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
technology solutions for the nonprofit sector