Fic... "Left Alone With My Heart Ache." PG

Title: "Left Alone With My Heart Ache."
Author: Angela
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Copyright: March 6, 2000
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy all have
something to do with "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" and
all the characters contained herein. The story is sole
property of the author, me. No copyright infringement
is intended or inferred.
Author's Notes: This is the seventh story in the
"Heart Ache" Series. This story has not been beta'd,
only spell checked using Microsoft Word '97. Kim&
Bill& Rod& Sonya sorry I took so long.
Feedback: It really helps to see if you like the story
or not.

PREVIOUSLY&

"How could you let Tara&" Buffy stopped, the
blood draining from her face. She had no intention of
ever bringing up Willow's relationship with the other
girl, all the time waiting for Willow to let her know.

"What about Tara?" Willow demanded, throwing the
blankets off her body.

"Nothing&"

"Wait a minute," Willow told Buffy as she got out of
bed. "What aren't you telling me?" she said standing
in front of Buffy.

Buffy decided that she should look everywhere but in
Willow's direction.

"Hey! I'm right here, talk to me," Willow told Buffy.

Buffy reached out and grabbed the locket Tara had
given Willow.

"Do you love her?" she asked quietly.

Willow placed her hand over Buffy's&

***

"Do you love her?" Buffy asked again, her heart
pounding within her chest as she waited for the
answer.

"Yes& no& I'm not sure," Willow began, slowly opening
Buffy's hand and letting the locket fall back in
place. "I know I really enjoy being with her."

Buffy knew she had to let Willow sort out her
feelings, deciding that this was not the time to push
her on the subject.

"I& I think I might& if I had enough time, you know?"

"Yeah& I do. But Will?"

She looked into Buffy's eyes and saw the sincerity
residing there.

"I want you to know, I love you& more that just a
friend. And& and no matter what happens, I'll always
will," she said as she briefly kissed Willow, before
stepping away. Willow nodded silently, as there was no
need for words at this moment.

'What am I going to do?' Willow thought to herself.

***

The rest of the week sped by, and each free moment she
had, Willow spent with Tara. She enjoyed the quiet
times they shared, and she also had more time to
practice spells without having to be second-guessed.
Tara always encouraged her and let her know how
powerful she thought she was.

Meanwhile Buffy did not press her case with Willow.
However she would leave little notes where she was
sure Willow would find them, each of them saying the
same thing:

"I love you."

To say she wasn't touched would have been a lie, but
Willow would always ask herself, 'why now?'

***

"Hi."

"Hi."

"So, what are you up to?"

"Nothing really. I'm just waiting for this drop dead
gorgeous looking red head to stop by," Tara answered,
while she sat at her desk.

"Anyone I might know?" Willow replied.

"Maybe&" Tara replied smiling.

"So& how long are you going to wait for this red
head?"

"As long as it takes," Tara answered, before
realizing what she had said. "I'm sorry& I know& I&
can't help myself."

"Don't be, I'm the one who's sorry. I'm the one who
can't make up her mind," Willow replied as she
sprawled across Tara's bed. "I& I feel happy and safe
with you& you know?" Tara nodded. "I know that my
feelings for you are different& from Oz and Buffy."

"Willow, I just want you to be happy. No one deserves
it more than you do. And& and I don't want this to
sound as if it's my ego's talking, but& if I can have
a small part in your happiness& well," she said
shrugging her shoulders. Willow walked over towards
Tara and reached out for her.

"Come with me."

Tara got out of her chair and followed her.

"Where are we going?"

"Not far, I promise."

"Umm& Will? I& I thought& you know," Tara said when
she realized where they were headed.

"I just want to hold you for a while& if you don't
mind?"

"Oh& no. I don't mind at all."

Moving slowly, their hands intertwined, they sat on
Tara's bed, Willow took off her shoes and scooted
backwards until she rested against the pillows.
Somewhat bashfully, Tara followed her example.

Soon they were wrapped in each other's arms. Tara's
head resting on Willow's chest, quietly listening to
the steady heartbeat in her ear.

"I like this," Willow whispered, idly stroking Tara's
head, enjoying the silky softness of the other girls'
hair.

"So do I," Tara replied, slowly letting her arm curl
around Willow's stomach. "I& I& wrote something for
you," she said.

"You did?"

"Ye& yeah. Would you like to hear it?" Tara asked,
suddenly wishing she hadn't said anything.

"Of course I would," she replied.

Taking a deep breath, Tara closed her eyes and let her
mind bring up the words she meant deep in her heart.

"I wait with all my heart and soul for the one I long
to know. The one who looks behind the mask to uncover
the person underneath. The one who will strip away the
negativity and allow me to see the beauty I have
hidden. I wait with all my heart and soul."

"Oh& Tara, that's beautiful," Willow said, moving to
look into her eyes. "Thank you."

"Thank you Willow," Tara replied, taking Willow's
hand and kissing it.

***

Across Campus

'She's with Tara again,' Buffy told herself. The
empty room was the only evidence she needed to realize
something else. 'I'm going to lose her.'

TBC