Title: The Rocky Road Chapter 6: Coming Apart at the Seams (7/?)
Author: Kimber (kacoe@xxxxxxx)
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
else, e-mail me please.
Author's Notes: I hate complaining but Im starving for feedback. FEED ME!
Thoughts are enclosed in < >
Flashback are enclosed in <<<< >>>>
------------

Word after word, entry after entry, the shock sunk in. The chaos demon, the fight with
demon Arthur, the sunset  all of it danced on the fringes of our minds as if it was a
dream and with each word it became a harsh reality. A reality that had been stolen from
us, ripped from our memories as if it never mattered  made to look like it had never
happened. Each kiss, each embrace, each first time was wiped out and we felt like wed
been raped. He took it all from us for the greater good, but we couldnt understand or
even begin to imagine his motives. Even now, with my lovers head in my lap and the
rhythmic breath of sleep the only sound, its still but a dream.

Years upon years stolen from us and all I can think of is, not the council, but him. He
did it and from the tone of his last entry he knows that forgiveness may not be an option.

------------

Will?

Shh, Im here. You fell asleep.

What are you doing? Buffy rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and sat up.

Im writing in my Watchers diary. I got it for graduation and I thought now would be
the best time to start.

Buffy looked at her surprised. But. . .you graduated from Oxford, not the Council. You
mean your still gonna work for them after what theyve done to us?

Willow put her hand on Buffys shoulder. No. Im working with Giles here, not the
Council in London. She smiled and kissed Buffys lips. I told you I didnt want to be
away from you again and I meant it.

Buffy let go a sigh of relief. Ohh, good. How long have I been out?

We fell asleep here last night. I woke up about an hour ago and re-read the diary.

You know what we have to do, Will. Buffy gave her the time to get serious look.

Willow nodded. I know. Giles has had this diary for a long time. We have to go talk to
him and find out why he never told us.

Buffy nodded then looked around the room. Guess I did a little damage here last night.

Yeah. Im just glad your mom was at the gallery waiting for a late shipment.

Slayer temper. What can I say?

The table by the door was smashed into an unrecognizable heap. Glass shards littered the
kitchen floor. The bookcase with all of Willows own collection from her years at Oxford
was tipped over and the books were scattered across the living room. Both girls were
sitting on the hide-a-bed assessing the damage.

Will, Im sorry. I didnt mean to scare you last night. She placed her hand on her
shoulder.

You were angry, Buffy. I understand. I know you would never hurt me. I feel bad for
the bookcase though. She let a little smile escape.

Buffy pulled her into a hug. Never. Id never treat you like that bookcase. You did
some damage yourself last night you know.

Willow laughed. Yeah. But theres a big difference between floating pencils flying out
the window into the tree and smashing a table into dust.

We should get up and get ready. By the time we eat breakfast, Giles should be up.

Yeah.

--------------

Giles!

The Watcher stirred in his bed, absentmindedly reaching out for his glasses. <8am. Who
was here at this hour?>

Giles man! Get your ass down here now! We have a problem! Spikes disembodied voice
called from the first floor.

He shot up and ran down the steps quickly. Spike? Do you know what ti He stopped
dead in his tracks. Oh, dear.

Spike was still giving off smoke from where the sun had hit him on his way in. Slumped
over his shoulder was a very badly beaten Xander. He was almost unrecognizable except for
the bright blond hair.

Is he

No, I found him in time. Bloody hell man, give me a hand here. He may look thin but the
boys got some weight to him.

They carried his limp body over to the couch. He was bleeding from his nose, which by the
sight alone Giles could tell was broken. Upon closer inspection there were a few cracked
ribs and his wrist was broken too. He had two black eyes and a serious head wound. Giles
turned him over and pulled up his shirt and literally gasped.

What is it mate?

Its . . .some sort of pattern or design carved into his back. Some of these scars are
old but there are fresher ones over here. Giles touched the center of his back and
Xander suddenly went stiff. Ive seen this before. He laid him back down and walked
over to the bookcase.

Buffy walked through the door with Willow right behind her. She headed straight for Giles
and held out the diary. Care to explain this.

He looked up at her, shocked. Buffy, where. . .where did you get this?

Will and I were researching the mind reading thing and she came across it.

Willow tugged on Buffys arm. Buffy.

She followed the redheads gaze to the couch. What the? Xander?

Willow slowly walked up to him and took in his battered appearance. Giles. . .

Giles walked up behind them and spoke softly. Spike just now brought him in. I havent
found out what happened yet.

I found him at the mansion. He was left for worm food is my guess. Spike offered from
the kitchen.

Willow automatically went into repair mode. She got the first aid kit that was ever
present on top of the bookcase and went to work. Buffy still stood there unable to move.

Spike, what happened to him? She asked without taking her eyes off of Xander and
Willow.

Its quite the story luv. And I think with what Ive found out and what Giles here knows
already, your boy Xander got himself sucked into the middle of a prophesy.

Buffy looked at Giles. All he could do was remove his glasses and nod slowly.

----------------

--
"Seduce my mind and you can have my body. . .find my soul and I'm yours forever."

http://www.Kimbers-Corner.net

BTVS QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Buffy: "Giles, I've never seen her like this. It's like it hurts too much to form words."
Giles: "You've felt that way yourself and you got through it."
Buffy: "Yeah. I ran away and went to hell and then got through it. I'm kind of hoping she
doesn't use me as a model."
Giles: "Fair enough."