Re: [buffyloveswillow] OT: Heartbroken Fic Writer (was Where the hell is Rod?)

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:10:19 -0500, you wrote:

From: ~~Kimber <kacoe@xxxxxxx>

Anyhoo....So, I did't get any feedback from the oneshot I wrote out of emense guilt of
refusing you Buffy and Willow smoochies in 'The Road' series. The oneshot was called "Any
Given Night"...lemme know if you've gotten it, or haven't gotten around to it or so
on......

I've got a ton of unread stories in my inbox that I was trying to save
until I got enough time to read them and give adequate feedback. I
just took the time to read yours, though, so here are some of my
impressions. First off, any of your stories that feature Buffy,
Willow, and a bottle of Kahlua gets two big thumbs up in my book. :)
Once again you've done an incredible job capturing the two characters,
their mannerisms, and phrasing. Your Buffy & Willow are some of the
most true to character that I've ever read. And the making out didn't
hurt the story any, that's for sure. :) It was very sweet, and I'm a
sucker for happy endings. First rate stuff. And I noticed that you
used this story as kind of an outlet for your Xander feelings for this
season. ;)

And this might sound a little selfish but I mean it in the most sincerest (word?) way
possible...and I think I'm speaking for a lot of writers on the list. Iam so seriously
lacking in feedback I think I'm gonna have to hook up an IV drip or I'm gonna start to
waste away starving!

The feedback issue is definately an important one. I know I'm behind
in the story reading thing, mainly because I'm splitting my time
between RL, the Wolf Within story I'm writing (that has totally taken
on a life of its own, and dragged me along with it), and a little
Buffy/Faith action I'm writing. I try to give feedback, though, even
if it's in email as opposed to the list.

Public feedback is good, but private feedback is better than no
feedback. I'd urge the lurkers out there if they don't want to post
to the list, send their comments along to the authors privately.
Some others and I have talked and the list has hit this little
plateau and isn't humming along like it used to. I know I write faster and more
feverishly when I get fed and I'm sure a lot of other people do too........and I'm a
little sad that no one has responded to my challenges yet...ugh

I really liked your challenges, I'm working on my first first-person
story right now (unfortunately B/F, not B/W), and hopefully if it goes
well I'll be able to crank out a first person B/W, a one-shot kinda
thing. Alas, RL keeps trying to intrude.

I've posted like a mad beast since I subscribed and maybe everyone's
gotten sick of the road series or whatever.....I'm not sure.

Definately not. I haven't read the latest part yet, but what I've
read of the whole road series is excellent. If your new job, or RL in
general takes up more of your time, there's nothing that can be done
about that. But your fic is some of the best I've read on the list,
and I like where you're going with the Road series, it's very
ambitious, and I'm enjoying it so far. So for purely selfish reasons,
I hope you don't stop writing altogether, because I think this list
would be the worse for it.

Erin
--
Tara: "I am, you know."