Part: Section 1.0
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns most if it,
since a large chunk is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
forces of darkness. She befriends Willow's great granddaughter that bears
her foremothers name, a new adventure begins and Buffy must ask herself: Do
we really get a second chance?
Notes: This has no connection to the Royalty series and there's a special
thank you to Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS 2117
Cilia

Section 1.0

Buffy looked over the cemetery and gasped in awe, it stretched out in all
directions from the old cemetery. She pressed a button on her silver wrist
band, the only color besides black in her bodysuit.
"G.I.LE.S. what's the circular diameter of the graveyard?"
"Approximately five point seven kilometers, but there are only
fresh graves in one fourth of that area" he answered and she swore she
heard a chuckle in his voice.
"Thanks we'll report back in one hour," she answered and killed
the link.
"That's wasn't very polite," Willow reprimanded her.
"I know, but it made me feel better."
"Want, Take, Have," Willow said.
"Excuse me?" Buffy asked as the walked down a stone path.
"It's from Who am I books, also known as the Faith Journals,"
Willow explained,.
"Silly me," Buffy said.
"Mind if I ask you something?" Willow asked.
"Shoot."
"What was it like? I mean Sunnydale back then?" Willow asked.
"Smaller, quieter, allot more vampires, but I didn't really mind
all that much." Buffy said as she took her hand.
"Why did you do it, the history records say you did it for the
sake of the world, but.." Willow trailed off.
"I did it for my friends and my family, for Xander, for Giles,
for Willow, for mom, even for Cordy," Buffy answered.
They stepped in front of a large tombstone and Willow turned to face Buffy.
"And now, wh.why do you do it now?" she asked in a low voice.
"For you I think," Buffy answered as she inched closer.
"I, I, I." Willow stammered as she stared at Buffy's lips.
Buffy smiled at the stuttering girl in front of her, second chances do come.
"Don't be afraid," she whispered.
"I don't know what to do," Willow whispered.
"Don't tell me you've never kissed someone before?"
"Nope, I spent so much time reading the history records and
figuring out how to get you here that I."
Willow was silence by a searing kiss, it was hot, fierce, passionate, the
stuff of romance holos. Bells were ringing in her head as Buffy parted her
lips with her tongue. She was also carefully exploring, sensing, and
cataloging for further reference.
When Buffy pulled away she felt her knees give out as she
slumped down, breathing heavily.
"That, that was."
"A crash course," Buffy answered with a smile.
"That too,"
There was ripping sound as hand punched up through the earth.
"Gotta go work, but then we'll move onto chapter two," Buffy
said as she held out her hand and stake shot from her left wrist band into
her palm. She leaped over the headstone and the vampire was dust before it
could break free from the ground.
Buffy walked back to Willow with an intentional swagger.
Willow was leaning against a tombstone, her legs draw to her chest, her head
between her knees and she was hyperventilating.
"Hey what's wrong?" Buffy asked as she sat down on the ground.
"I just." A deep breath, "kissed a girl." another breath. "no I
didn't kiss a girl I kissed a Slayer." Willow answered. In the few seconds
while Buffy had been slaying the kiss had sunk in.
Buffy looked guilty, felt guilty. Who was to say that this
Willow was like her Willow? Had she pushed this girl into something she wasn
't ready for? Had the kiss in the night, been just a kiss bored off fear of
being alone?
"Willow I'm sorry I kissed you. It's just that you're so much
like my Willow that it hurts every time I look at you. I mean from what you
told me I never acted on my feelings towards my Willow, not
once for over fifteen years did I tell her how I truly felt and then I died
alone in a church. I don't want that to happen again, I don't
want to die alone." Buffy's voice was little more then a whisper now.
Willow looked up at her and saw single lonely tear running down Buffy's
cheek. She gently placed a hand on her cheek, her compassion and kindness
overriding whatever fears or doubts she had.
"You did tell her Elisabeth. Her diaries say that on New Years
Eve 2006. You shared an unforgettable night together, but then the war began
and tore it all apart. So you did tell her and I'm not angry,
shocked maybe and deep down I guess I've always wanted this. Just not so
soon." Willow said and looked down shyly as her cheeks reddened to match her
hair.
Buffy raised Willow's chin and looked into her ice blue eyes.
"Thank you," she whispered and kissed her cheek gently.
Second chances really do come, with time.

Drusilla grinned as she looked at the hologram project onto her desk.
"Behold the Slayer's weakness," she exclaimed as she ran her
fingers over the hologram of Willow.
"Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war," she said to her
assistant who nodded and left.

TBC