FIC: The Rocky Road Chapter 9: Ghosts of the Past (10/?)

Title:  The Rocky Road Chapter 9:  Ghosts of the Past (10/?)
Author:  Kimber (kacoe@xxxxxxx)
Disclaimer:  All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Author's Notes:  I hate complaining but I’m starving for feedback.  FEED ME!
Thoughts are enclosed in < >
Flashback are enclosed in <<<<  >>>>
------------

'Dark and dangerous like a secret that gets whispered in a hush'
'When I wake the things I dreamt about you last night make me blush'
'When you kiss me like a lover, then you sting me like a viper'
'I go follow to the river, play your memory like the piper'
'And I feel it like a sickness, how this love is killing me'
'But I'd walk into the fingers of your fire willingly'
'And dance the edge of sanity, I've never been this close'
'In love with your ghost'
‘Ghost’ by The Indigo Girls

“She’s gonna freak.”  A voice came from the back seat.

“It’s a little late for that now.  Don’t you think?”  He glanced up at her from the rear view mirror.  “Besides. . .we’re in this together.  You’re with us and she’ll have to accept it.”

”Yeah, and if this whole Shadowman thingy is for real then they’re gonna need all the help they can get.”  Cordelia rolled her eyes.  “Leave it to Xander to get in the middle of everything.  God!  Hasn’t he gotten a life yet?”  She pulled the visor down and checked over her makeup.

Anya huffed from the back seat.  “Not the last time I saw him.”  She crossed her arms across her chest and looked out the window.  “I wonder if he’s found a new orgasm friend?”

Angel glanced over at Cordelia and smirked.  “You look fine, Cordy.”

She shot him a look.  “I know, I just. . .”

”You wanna look hot cause you haven’t seen Red in a long time.”  The first voice chimed in.

Cordelia turned around and glared at her in the back seat.  “That’s not true!  Besides, who changed outfits six times before settling on the one they’re wearing now?”  She arched her eyebrows.

“Hey, I don’t have anyone to impress thank you very much Queen C.”

Cordelia gave her a knowing smile.  “That’s not what you told me.”

She shifted and knelt on the back seat and put her arms on the seat in front of her.  “You just keep to yourself what you know.  Got it?”  She tried to glare.

“You don’t scare me Faith.”

”So who do you think will pass out first?  I’m thinkin Red’s go for the swan dive if you ask me.  What do you think soulman?”  She poked him in the shoulder.

He shook his head.  “Don’t get me involved. . .I want nothing to do with it.”

Faith laughed.  “B’s not gonna know what hit her. . .or who to hit first!  Cordy, Red’s ex and her ex-honey’s current lover or me her ex-fling and her ex-honey’s newest partner.  Either way she’s gonna freak!”  She leaned back and chuckled.  “Man, I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

The car sped along into the night.  They were half an hour from Sunnydale’s city limits.
-------------

Giles emerged from the guestroom.  “Get Buffy and Willow here.  He’s coming around.”

Spike nodded and headed out the door.

------------

Buffy crept back into the room and noticed Willow was sitting up.  “Hey.  When did you get up?”

”About two minutes after I noticed that I didn’t have a warm body next to me anymore.”  She smiled.

Buffy sat down on the bed and placed a tray on Willow’s lap.  “I haven’t done much in the way of shopping so this’ll have to do.”

”Mmm, strawberries and whipped cream?”  She dipped her finger in the bowl.  “and you warmed up the hot fudge?  I’ve died and gone to heaven.”  She licked her finger then dipped a strawberry in the fudge.

“The only reason I have this stuff is because mom and I had an ice cream and movie fest last week.  I hope everything is still good.”  She picked up a strawberry and bit into it.  “Mmm, perfect.”

Willow got a glint in her eye.  “You know what would be perfect?”  She took some whipped cream and dabbed it on Buffy’s lips.  Slowly she leaned in for a kiss and licked it off in the  process.

Buffy smiled and whispered.  “You know what’s even more perfect?”  She took a finger full of hot fudge and dabbed Willow’s chest and lips with it.

“Hey!  That’s kinda hot.”  She pouted.

“I’m sorry.  Here, lemme get it for you.”

Buffy had finished removing the fudge from her chest and was about to work on her lips when there was a knock on the door.  “Ugh. . .great timing.”  She got up and put her robe on.  “Don’t move.  I’m not done eating yet.”

Buffy opened the door.  “Spike?  What are you doing here?”

He smirked.  “Benedict Arnold is waking up.”

”Oh.”

“Well?  Are you gonna invite me in or do I stand here like a bloody fool all night?”

“Come on in.  Just let us get dressed.”  She moved aside.

“What in the hell happened here?  You two redecorating or something?”  He looked around at the mess.

“Uh, yeah.  Something like that.”

”Buffy?”  Willow walked out of the bedroom and was tying her robe.  “Who’s. . .Spike?  What’s going on?”  She moved over next to Buffy.

“Xander’s waking up.  We have to get over there.”  Buffy looked at her and her eyes widened.

“Someone’s been naughty.”  Spike wagged his finger at Willow then turned to Buffy.  “Didn’t your mum ever teach you not to play with your food?”  He gave them both a wicked grin.

“Not to play with. . .? Oh no!”  Willow turned bright red and licked her lips.  “Oops?”

“Sorry Will.”  Buffy gave her an apologetic look.  “Come on.  Lets get dressed and high tail it to Scooby central.”  Willow rushed off to the bedroom ahead of Buffy then Buffy turned to Spike.  “Do you get off on embarrassing her?”

“I couldn’t help it luv.  It’s just too easy sometimes.  She never changes.”  Buffy slugged him in the arm.  “Hey!  Not fair, Slayer.  I can’t fight back.”

She walked off to the bedroom.  “We’ll be out in a few.”

------------

Xander struggled and tossed in his sleep.  “Dru. . .no. . .stop!”

”Xander.  Wake up boy, come one.”  Giles was shaking his shoulder.

His eyes shot open.  “Dru!”  He tried to get up but felt a sharp pain.  “Ugh, my ribs, my head, my face, my. . .everything.”  He closed his eyes and swallowed hard.  “What happened?”

“That’s what I was about to ask you?”  Giles looked down at him.

“Giles?  How did I get here?  Oh my head feels like it’s ten times normal size.”

”Your head is as normal as it’s ever been, I can assure you.  Buffy, Willow and Spike are on their way.  In the mean time take these, they should ease your discomfort.”  Giles handed him an assortment of pills.

He popped them in his mouth and gulped the water Giles handed him greedily.  “Thanks G-man.”  He leaned back and let out a sigh.  “Ouch.”

”You have at least three broken ribs and I believe your wrist is broken.  You’re lucky Spike found you when he did.”  Xander’s eyes went wide.  “And before you even ask, they found your diary.  They know everything.  You’re lucky your in this condition, I’d hate to think about what you’d look like if Buffy had gotten her hands on you first.”

“Oh man, I’m dead.”

”Not yet but you will be if you don’t explain exactly what’s going on.  Angel and Cordelia are on their way too. . . as well as their other, um, associates.”

Xander huffed.  “The Scoobs reunite.  And all for lil ‘ol me.  I’m touched.”

”You’d better get serious, Xander.”  Giles rose and walked to the door.  “You have a lot of explaining to do and you won’t be going anywhere any too soon. We have all night.”

--------------

--
"Seduce my mind and you can have my body. . .find my soul and I'm yours forever."

---------------------------------------
http://www.Kimbers-Corner.net
---------------------------------------
BTVS QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Xander: It's nice to see you brought your boogie shoes tonight, Will.
Willow: Yeah.. I-I know I've been sort of a party-poop lately, so I said to myself, "Self!" I said, "It's time to shake and shimmy it off."
Buffy: Sounds like a good policy.
Willow: Yeah! And it works, too. You know, I figure, in the grand scheme of things, we're all just...(Grabs her jacket and from underneath it falls a bottle of beer, it's contents foaming out)
Buffy: Drunk..?
Willow: (laughs and picks up the bottle)Drunk.. I mean, that's such a-a strong word. Kind of a guttural Anglo-Saxon word. Drunk.
Xander: Will, not loving the drowning of the sorrows.
Willow: Not drowning ... wading. A-a-and.. See? (She points to the beer bottle) Light. No big.
Buffy: No big? Anyone remember when Buffy had the fun beer-fest and went one-million years B.C.?
Xander: Sadly without the fuzzy bikini..
Anya: Off topic, Xander.