Part: Section 1.3
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns most if it,
since a large chunk is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
forces of darkness. She befriends Willow's great granddaughter that bears
her foremothers name, a new adventure begins and Buffy must ask herself: Do
we really get a second chance?
Notes: This has no connection to the Royalty series and there's a special
thank you to Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS 2117
Cilia

Section 1.3

Angel groaned as she opened her eyes. She glanced down at her side, the
wound was almost healed. She looked over to the table where Hope was staring
down at the Codex.
"Find anything?" She asked G.I.L.E.S. as he hovered over to her.
"Yes and it's not good," he answered.
"Tell me is the boy in danger,"
"The situation has gotten worse I'm afraid."
"I know I heard," Angel said, "so what do the books say?"
"That blood will color the seas unless we stop Drusilla,"
"You sure know how to sugarcoat bad news,"
"That was the sugarcoating,"
"Oh!"
Hope stared at the page for minute. The conversation over the medical unit
fating into the background as the words appeared before her, like so many
times before.
"G.I.L.E.S. we're in trouble," Hope stated in a calm voice.

Buffy took down that latest vampire to jump out of the shadows. The air had
taken on sickening smell, it smelled like blood.
"Spike do you smell that?" Buffy asked.
"It's been this way here since the war," Spike explained.
"Why? What happened here?" Buffy asked.
Spike turned around and looked at the hill they had just came down from
before he began speaking. His mind going back a hundred years and his eyes
taking on a faraway look.
"It smells like blood because we're nearing the center of the
Last Battle. You and I lead an army of ten thousand men and women over that
hill, they were humanities finest. Faith and Xander waited with twenty
thousand more in reserve if we should fail. Your mother was comforting the
children in the shelters in LA. Giles and Willow chanted along with a coven
a thousand strong. Cordelia prayed so hard that night that she began to
bleed from stigmatic wounds," a blood tear ran down his cheek. "We came over
the hill and looked into the pits of hell itself. Still nobody was afraid,
for you were there to lead us. We marched through the gates of hell and
into the jaws of death," another tear ran down his cheek and his throat
tightened as he went on; "Twenty-nine thousand four-hundred and seven of the
bravest men and women I ever met died that night, among them almost all of
our generals. Their screams could be heard for miles, but we marched on. A
thousand fell, but a thousand arose from behind us to take their place,
without fear they came. Angel and Wesley fought like madmen, but they died
just shy of the center. Then there were the whispering voices. The voices of
loved ones long gone crying out for help, whispers of past crimes, reminders
of every dirty dead and every regret. Riley ran into the shadows never to be
seen again, but I heard his screams. I know the name of every woman and man
that perished that night."

Buffy looked up and Spike, gaining respect for a man who had seen much and
lived to tell the tale.
"Spike I'm sorry I didn't mean to."
"No they should be remembered. It is my duty to remembered."
There was a moments silence as they walked on.
"Spike is that tower supposed to be there?" Buffy asked as a
large black structure came into view.
"No it's not," Spike said.
"Spike before we go in there I want you to tell me two things
and promise to tell the truth?"
"Of course,"
"How did I die?"
"You gave your life to save the world. The spirit of the demon
that had opened hell came back and you gave your live in the church. Traded
it for humanities safety," he answered.
"You were there?"
"Yes and you didn't die alone,"
"Thank you,"
"What's the second question?"
"Are you the father of Willow's child?"
There was a long silence.
"How did you find out?" Spike asked
"You're eyes, they're the same as Willow Rose's,"
"Yes I'm the father. After you died she first turned to Giles,
but he was too grief stricken to give her the comfort she needed and
everybody else was busy rebuilding. So she turned to me, or should I say I
found her."
"You've always been there watching them haven't you? You carried
Willow home the night her parents were killed?"
"Yes, but I was too late save her parents," he answered in a sad
voice.
"You're a good man Spike," Buffy said and kissed his cheek.
"Now lets go save my great grandchild shall we?"
"Spike there's one more."
"Her love life or sexual interests are none my business Slayer,"
Spike answered with a grin. So into the break the marched again with a
smile.

Hope drove the hover as fast as it would go.
"Must go faster, must go fast," she chanted.
The Codex lay open next to her, the letters bled.

Angel sat up in the medical care unit. The wound still hurt, but she'd known
pain before. Zoëga had saved her and she'd be damned is she didn't return
the favor.

Drusilla sat calmly in her chair as she looked up at the holo-monitors. One
showed William and the Slayer advancing towards her little maze, another
showed the cell in which William's great grandchild was waking up and the
telepath talking to her and the last showed the altar on which she would
bring the past to life.
"Everything is the same old and new,"

TBC....