Part: Section 1.2
Author: Cilia
Email: cilia@xxxxxxxxx
Disclaimer: I'm not really sure, but I guess Joss just owns most if it,
since a large chunk is mostly born from my hyperactive mind, but if he wants
this story it's his.
forces of darkness. She befriends Willow's great granddaughter that bears
her foremothers name, a new adventure begins and Buffy must ask herself: Do
we really get a second chance?
Notes: This has no connection to the Royalty series and there's a special
thank you to Charles <Charles.Parise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> for coming up with what
G.I.L.E.S. should stand for.

BTVS 2117
Cilia

Section 1.2

Spike looked over his shoulder, Willow had just disappeared in a flash of
light along with the prisoners. Just like he had thought it would.
"Slayer lets go," he said as he walked passed Buffy.
"But,"
"No buts Slayer, Hope and G.I.L.E.S. have their orders and we
have to get Willow back, so chop, chop," he said.
Buffy looked at Hope who was picking up the small needle that lay on the
floor and then at Spike's back. When she didn't move he turned around and
grabbed her by the shoulders.
"Listen Buffy. She's the weak link, your weak link. Now Dru
knows this and right now that's the only thing keeping her alive," Spike
stated.
Buffy blinked a few times. Then looked hard into Spike's eyes and something
clicked in her mind
"Hope, crossbow," she ordered and it came sailing through the
air.
"Where to?" she asked as she loaded an arrow.
"The tower,"

Buffy and Spike stood on the empty top floor of the dark tower, it looked
like it had been abandoned for quite some time. Spike was kneeling on the
ground.
"Clever girl," Spike said as he ran his finger over the dusty
floor. Half the dust had been there when they arrived, the fresh lair
belonged to the welcoming committee.
"So this never was her base of operation," Buffy stated.
"No, she's somewhere in the lower levels of the city, possibly
underground, there are still some large underground complexes left since the
Great War,"
"Lets get going the," Buffy said and turned towards the
elevator, but stopped.
In the corner of the room there was a small frame and inside it a drawing of
Buffy lying dead in the church with Spike sitting on the altar steps.
"Guess she learned something from the old poof," Spike said as
he looked at the drawing on the way down.
"You found me that night didn't you?" Buffy asked,
"Yes."
"Why didn't you try to."
"I couldn't," Spike interjected.
"Thank you,"
"You're welcome,"

"This brings back memories doesn't it," Buffy stated as she
ducked, they had been running into tougher and tougher vampires as they
ventured deeper into the lower levels of the city.
"What fighting vamps? More then you might think Slayer," Spike
answered as he swung the energy blade in a wide arc over his head and
cleaving his opponent in half.
"What was I like?" Buffy asked as they resumed they're march.
"Caring, kind, tough as nails," Spike said with a faraway look
in his eyes, "but a year into the war you just turned of your heart for some
reason,"
"So I stopped being caring and kind,"
"No, but you wouldn't allow yourself to be loved,"
"Oh I see," Buffy said.
"We'll think about it later because there are more coming,"
Spike said and the blade flared to live again.