FIC: Revelations(Part 11 of the 'Who Am I?' Series

Hey.

I think you'll all enjoy. :-) You'll kill me too, but you'll enjoy... (Oh, remember, the song is an original writing of mine called "Pawns in the Sea")

REVELATIONS (OR - STEER YOU AROUND THE CURVES)

The Bronze was a place of raging hormones. That was a fact nobody would deny. But this particular night, the hormone levels were just the slightest bit higher than normal. Anyone who was watching would say the levels were more like astronomically higher, and depending on the varying reactions of the onlookers, they'd probably be right. They didn't make it obvious they were looking, but the people their gazes were fixed on, knew.

And they didn't give a damn.

The girls, who were the center of everyone's attention, didn't stop from one dance to the next. They just kept going, like they were performing a never-ending ballet. And a highly provocative one at that. Blonde matched brown, neither leading nor succumbing. Both very independent, very equal partners in what they were doing. Yes, partners. That's what they were. Moving beat for beat in synchronized motions. All they lived for was the moment. An infinite stretch of time that ended only when they said so.

As a new song began, without thinking, they changed their pattern to keep with the tempo. It's pulsing beat signified that it was a quickly paced song, but slow enough for the girls to still maintain the sensual, intimate, closeness of their gyrations, which they weren't about to give up. The blonde raised her arms above her head, which were met by the delicate, yet firm pair of hands belonging to her companion.

"Last one, B." Faith whispered.

"Let's go out with a bang then." Buffy said, raw passion in her voice.

"I love you."

"I know."

Faith guided Buffy's arms behind her neck, and Buffy held on as the vocals began.

This is our game and we have control,

We make the moves and we make the rules,

But maybe we're just being fooled

In a sea of chance we wound up together

Never really questioned where we found ourselves

Never really wondered about forever

Buffy pushed back into Faith as the dark-haired slayer slid her hands down Buffy's arms, and continued down her body, each hand moving slowly down the blonde's sides. When Faith felt that she reached the waist, she brought her arms around the front, her hands meeting and fingers interlocking. She pulled Buffy back, further into her.

Are we just pawns moving at life's pace?

Under the illusion that this is our race?

Is the struggle really worth the reward at the end?

Faith closed her eyes as she felt Buffy's hands run through her hair. The petite slayer was able to reach her hands over Faith's head, and lay her hands atop hers. Faith bent her head, smelling Buffy's hair, her skin, inhaling the scent. She brought her lips to the soft flesh just below her ear, and nipped. She had a small grin as she heard Buffy's intake of breath.

Before you came my foundations were solid,

Limits tested and boundaries set,

Other side and I had never met

You appeared and reality distorted,

The game's rules were aborted,

Got to see beyond my sphere

Buffy began to turn to face her, and Faith widened her arms just enough. Body brushed against body, their hips never slowing once. They began to move a few steps, and people cleared a path. In an unexpected move that caught Buffy off-guard for a second, Faith released her loose hold, and began to circle Buffy closely, eyes locked on hers.

Are we just pawns moving at life's pace?

Under the illusion that this is our race?

Is the struggle really worth the reward at the end?

Faith wasn't getting off that easy. Buffy matched her movements, and stopped Faith in the middle of a step. She reached for hand, took it, and pulled Faith to her. She pecked at Faith's Harlet-covered bottom lip, and grinned. She brought her knee between Faith's legs, and then the Bostonian took her turn and wrapped her arms around Buffy's neck as they continued to dance.

It's not good to be too bad and bad to be too good,

Separate we can't find that even ground,

Maybe together we could

Don't know when you became my lifeline,

From the walls I let confine,

But we're the game's key players now

The song was slowing now, and so were they.

"Jesus…" Faith exhaled.

"Think we were entertaining enough?"

"I know I was satisfied."

"Were you?"

They separated slowly, hands losing contact at the last possible second. And then in a bold move, not caring who was around, Faith captured Buffy's mouth with hers. Buffy, shocked as she was, couldn't deny her partner this. Couldn't deny herself this. It only lasted all but three seconds, but time was a relative thing. And it confirmed to the both of them that they were still in reality.

We are one in the sea

Are we just pawns moving at life's pace?

Under the illusion that this is our race?

Is the struggle really worth the reward at the end?

The song over, they stared at the people who had been watching. The two of them dared anyone to say a word. No one did. As they moved back over to their table, the noise level resumed its normal volume, and time moved forward once again.

***

Back at the table, Willow and Tara were trying to get their jaws to work again. The phrase "you're face will get stuck that way" was becoming less and less of an old wives' tale by the second. Watching Buffy and Faith, among other things, made them feel a little guilty. Even though they allowed the whole Bronze to view them. What the slayers did, they couldn't think of an appropriate term, seemed very personal.

Willow stared down at her soda, and then up at Tara.

"Soda doesn't seem like the best idea right now." Tara nodded in agreement. "How's water sound?"

"Good...throat's a little dry…"

Willow began to get up. "Yeah…I'll make sure it's cold."

"To cool down."

"Right. Cause it's hot in here." They both looked around nervously, and then Willow walked over to the bar.

Tara looked up as Buffy and Faith approached the table, and despite her previous embarrassment, had to crack a small smile. It was obvious the girls had enjoyed themselves. Faith sat on the empty stool, and Buffy sat on her knee. She could see the love, but they weren't the kind of couple that went out of their way to show people they were in love.

Well, under normal circumstances. Which was anywhere but dance floors.

They seemed so comfortable with their relationship. People's opinions, gazes, didn't seem to affect them. Tara guessed it was because they didn't really have time to worry about what people thought. And they didn't seem like the type of people to care anyhow. She wished she and Willow could do that. Well, their relationship wasn't very clearly defined at the moment, so Tara supposed she was jumping the gun a little bit.

"I've…uh…never seen anything like that before." Tara said slowly.

"Did we look really stupid or something?" Buffy asked.

"I think she means…" Faith whispered Buffy the rest.

"Oh." Buffy blushed, and then grinned. "I don't think anybody in here has."

"You and Will should get those plevis' movin'." Faith said.

"Well…I uh…I don't think so." Tara said, face red.

"Why not? Don't tell me she's still being -"

"Sssh!" Buddy shushed Faith as Willow came back with four water bottles.

The redhead handed the three of them each a bottle, and sat down on her stool. As much as they tried to hide it, she knew what they all wanted her to do. It had been about a week since she and Faith had had their talk, and she hadn't been able to work up the guts to just flat out kiss Tara. She wanted there to be a moment, a right time. But if she didn't think of Tara in a romantic way, there would be no need for a "right moment" in the first place. She was so confused.

"Do you two have any energy left?" Willow asked.

Buffy took a swig of her water. "We're the real-life Energizer Bunnies. Only…without the fir. And the drums."

"Where do you come up with these analogies? Are you in the special class on campus or something?" Faith asked.

"I can't believe you knew 'analogy' was a word. Let alone use it appropriately in a sentence." Buffy retorted.

"Touché." Faith conceded.

Willow and Tara exchanged glances as they watched the exchange of jibes. The glance turned into a look, the look turned into a gaze, and the gaze became a staring contest. But nobody was going to win. When they mutually broke off eye contact, they saw their friends staring at them with knowing smiles.

Buffy moved off of Faith, and they both looked at the girls, rather focused glints in their eyes. The wiccans were scared, too scared to move. Buffy got behind Willow, and Faith got behind Tara.

"This for your own good ladies." Faith said. "Coulda done it the easy way, but you just had to let it drag. Time to get things on track."

"Buffy?" Willow asked.

"Trust me, Will. We just wanna see you happy." Buffy said, holding her friend by the shoulders.

"What are you talking ab -" Tara started, but got cut off as Faith gave her a little nudge.

But a little nudge from a slayer was like a decent shove from a 'normal' person, so Tara lost her balance and fell forward off the stool. Willow caught her before she hit the ground, and she smiled at the redhead. Buffy moved away from Willow, and all Tara could hear was the other witch's breathing.

For Willow, as she still grasped Tara's arms, she felt a sensation shoot through her body. The blonde's smile, her eyes, her soft voice, it all hit her like a freight train. And even though they ended up in their current position rather unceremoniously, and it wasn't the most private place in the world, this was the moment.

The time when everything finally made sense to her. She felt it when they first met, and whenever they were together. She recognized the love she had let stay hidden, and now it just wanted to explode out. But she couldn't. Not here. Not in the Bronze. Not...

"Damn it, Red. Kiss her already." Faith said.

"You…you…don't…have -" Tara said, not believing this was happening.

"Only one way to find out, right?" Willow asked in a hushed tone.

Willow leaned down and kissed Tara's lips softly, tentatively, not sure what to expect. Tara's mouth parted, her breath mixing with Willow's. This continued into short, soft kisses along the contours of each other's mouths.

"I…um…guys…you might wanna…" Buffy urged gently, looking toward the entrance.

"Wrap it up." Faith said more forcefully.

But by the time they did, it was too late.

"Huh? What…" Willow trailed off as she went wide-eyed.

"Look, it's the X-Man and his girl." Faith said.

"Hey." Xander said slowly.

Anya simply smirked. "What'd we miss?"

***

"Let's play Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!" Regis' voice projected from the TV.

Giles enjoyed the American version much better than the one he had seen on his infrequent trips to London. The contestants in the show overseas were always nervous, shy and fidgety from what he saw. But in the American version, the contestants told you their life story. It was rather amusing. Plus it was more fun to yell it them if they got it wrong.

"What band has a member who is most recognizable by the size of his lips?

"Is it: