FIC: BtVS 2117 (Section 1.8)

hey all!
Well here it is and I always suck at concluding battle scenes. I'm
trying to explain the past a bit here and will continue to do so through the
next section before starting a new storyline as of Section 2.0 called "BtVS
2117: Phase II" or "BtVS 2118" I haven't made up my mind. Also I just
figured out that I'll have to rewrite some of the story, since I seem to
have messed up continuity in some places, like at the beginning when Willow
tells Buffy of the past she says that Angel died in the early days of the
war and then later in Spike's story he's present at the final battle and
there are some more that need to be fixed.
Enjoy!
Cilia

BtVS 2117
Cilia

Section 1.8

19th of December 2018

Buffy knelt before the altar. It was almost a year since the end of the war.
Maybe tonight she would tell Willow and they could pick up where they had
left off almost eleven years ago. She opened the box in her palm, the blood
red ruby glistened in the dim light. She looked up at the altar and saw the
ghostly figure rise up from it.
"I've been waiting for you," she said in a calm voice, there was
blinding light and then silence.
Spike stepped out off the shadows and knelt by Buffy's side.
"You had to do it didn't you Slayer?" he asked in soft voice.
"It had to be done. Promise me something Spike?" Buffy said in a
weak voice.
"Anything old friend," he said as tear ran down his cheek.
"Take care of Willow and the rest," she whispered.
"I promise," he said as a tear hit the floor.
"Here drink this," She said and handed him vial of blood.
"I can't."
"It must be done. goodbye Spike."

20th of December 2117

Spike looked up slowly the triangular mark of the Earth glowing on his
forehead. Ninety nine years had passed since that day. The worlds protector
had laid down her life one last time and he'd been called in her place. If
someone had been with him now to whisper irony he would have punched his
lights out. But it was just him and a demon that was classified as a seventh
level threat. Just his luck as usual. There was a blast of light from the
symbol on his forehead as another memory resurfaced.

3rd of May 2019

Spike stood in the shadows of the cemetery where the heroes of the war had
been laid to rest. Everyone who fought had been a hero, but these stood out
for one reason or another. He saw a dark cloaked figure standing over the
stone he knew was Buffy's.
Willow seemed to have aged since the last time he'd seen her.
"Hello Red," he said.
"Spike is that you?" she asked and turned around.
"It's me luv," he said as he opened up his arms.
"They told you me you'd disappeared," she said as she hugged
him.
"I did for awhile, but I felt there was something I'd left
unfinished," he said.
"So where have you been?"
"Here and there."

19th of December 2117

The Primal One was engulfed in light. Spike had known from the start that
Buffy would be removed from the fight one way or another and he'd waited his
time. No need for what he was to become public knowledge. He lived a simple
life now and he liked it, perhaps when this was all over he could just fade
away again. There was another blast of light, this time red and it came from
the demon. Hellfire.

Outside Buffy and Angel were busy saving the OA agents from being eaten by
the vampires that were being drawn to the old church. Hope said cross-legged
with the Codex, while Willow alternated between staring at the talisman and
the church. Zoëga appeared to be deep in though, as he rebuild his mental
shields and plotted his next move towards Angel. Boys will be boys.

Spike held the Primal One up with one hand as he chanted a spell he'd
committed to memory a long time ago. The demon screamed in its childlike
form as another wave of light hit it. Spike was burned in several places
from contact with hellfire, but then again pain was just another old friend.
The swirling portal of hell opened in front of them.

Angel slashed left and right while the prophecy Drusilla had told her rolled
around in her head. The boy will be your undoing. he will strip away your
shinning armor, learn the truth and then you will die.

Buffy swung with the extendable blades that were built into her wristbands.
She thought about two things. That she wasn't needed anymore and second what
to say to Willow when this was over.

Zoëga looked up slowly, the light from inside the church casting a glow over
his face. There was something out there, he could just feel it on the edge
of his mind. It felt old, like one of the books in the library. When he
reached out it for it was gone.

Hope read the words as they appeared on the page faster and faster,
sometimes changing, disappearing or repapering. Events were in flux, the
outcome changing by the second.

Willow fingered the talisman and continued to stare at the church. Her
forefather or not, Spike was fighting for the world and he better win
because the idea of chapter two was starting to sound interesting.

Spike lifted the Primal One higher into the air as the portal good bigger.
The memories of a hundred years assaulting his mind. Victories and defeats,
love and hatred.
"Ta, ta," he said with grin as he threw the child through the
portal.
The demon fought, but lost and was sucked in. There was dead silence as the
portal stopped spinning and the trembling stopped. Spike looked slowly back
at the altar and spotted the tale, tale sign of magical explosive charge.
"Bloody hell," he cursed as he broke into a run for the door.
The charge went of and the portal collapsed as the magical ripple went
through the church. He rammed straight through the doors not missing a beat
as he leaped down the steps.
"Run you smegheads, run," he yelled. Hr tripped and went
tumbling down, Willow and Hope turned around to see what had happened.
"I said run," he yelled as he turned around to face the ripple
head on, but it stopped and then returned back where it came from leaving
the church unharmed.
"General Spike," Zoëga said in a calm voice and offered him his
hand.
"You did this?" Spike asked as the boy heaved him from the
ground.
Zoëga nodded calmly as he looked around. The sun was rising over the
horizon.
Buffy covered in dust, Willow with a faraway look in her eyes, Angel also
covered in dust, Hope with the Codex under her arm and G.I.L.E.S. were all
walking or hovering towards the two men.
"How did you do this?" Hope asked as she hugged him.
"I grew up in the same house as you did with the same books you
did," he answered with a grin.
"But you've never cast a spell." Hope trailed off.
"We share some experiences," Zoëga explained with a grin.
"Beginners mistake," Hope stated.
"If you two are going to have conversation would you please do
it completely or not at all," Angel stated as she rubbed her forehead.
"How did you." both Hope and Zoëga asked.
"I just now," Angel stated firmly.
"Okay children don't fight," Buffy answered with a grin as she
but an arm around Willow and another around Angel, "we saved the day and I
think we can call the first outing the New Scooby Gang a
success."
"But Dru." Angel protest.
"She'll be back and we'll be ready," Spike stated firmly as he
rubbed the golden mark on his forehead.
"Lets go home and sort things out there over a cup of tea shall
we?" G.I.L.E.S. asked.
"Agreed," the group stated in unison.