Title: "Predator" 1/10
Author: Angela
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2000
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy The
Vampire Slayer". I'm only using them for a brief
interlude. No copyright infringement is intended or
inferred. All original characters are the sole
property of the author and can not be used without
expressed permission first. *Ooh* I'm not even sure at
this point if there *will* be any original characters
yet.
Author's Note: I believe this story will be a somewhat
radical departure for me, in regards to the content of
the story. I hope not to disappoint any one who has
read my previous stories with this one. I will be
using a single quotation marks ( ' ) for thoughts and
the asterisk for ( * ) emphasis on words.

**

"This is a story about two people&"

'Nope, can't use that,' Willow mused silently,
carefully drawing a line through the sentence. 'It
sounds to much like "The Real World"'. "Hmm," she
muttered out loud tapping her pen against her lip.
"Ah," she said softly as she began to write.

**

How much longer was she going to fight the desire that
burned throughout her body? When every thing inside of
her demanded that she give in. Give in and be swept
away by the raging current of need.

She wasn't sure when it happened. She had a feeling,
vague, gossamer, fleeting, of when it did. She only
knew that each night she fought against a carnal
hunger& for flesh.

Her mouth watered at the mere thought of it. She
absentmindedly wiped at her lips. The pain that
wracked her body was unlike anything she'd ever known,
once the hunger began.

Her expression changed slightly once the
transformation took place. Her body exuded a
sensuality that seemed to ooze from every pore in her
body.

No one was exempt from it, no one.

Be they male or female.

She left the confines of her home right before sunset.
She would not endanger her friend's or family against
the beast she had become. They worried about her, they
had all read about the predator that struck at night.
They begged her not to leave, to no avail.

She would make her way to the motel where she rented a
room by the week. She paid in advance to keep the
manager from bothering her about the bill. She would
not bring her victims here, no; this was the place she
would come back to. This is where she would clean up&
after the feed.

Each night she tried to fight the pull that sent her
out, each time she failed.

Once she entered the motel room, *she* would not
immerge from it until the hunger had been sated. She
could recall what was happening while the change
occurred, but was powerless to stop it.

The clothes she wore to the motel soon found
themselves strewn across the floor. She carefully
unpacked her bag, placing the garments next to each
other on the bed. The dark brown leather mini-skirt,
leather bustier, the fishnet stockings, garter belt
and the high-heeled stiletto shoes.

Everything was ready. Running her hands slowly down
her body, she trembled with anticipation. Picking up
her toiletry bag, she headed for the bathroom.

Immerging some fifteen minutes later, her skin was
aglow from the hot water, she proceed to put on her
clothes.

As she applied her makeup, she once again watched as
she transformed herself. Gone was the insecure young
woman, and in her place was a predator. Someone who
knew what she wanted, and took it, regardless of the
consequences. Her lips were pouty, blood red, ready to
dominate. Her eyes had darkened with a barely
restrained desire.

Placing a few daubs of perfume on her pulse points,
she stood back admiring herself. She smirked.

Turning off the light, she left the room.

**

Willow stifled a yawn as she read over the pages she
had written.

"Wow, *I* wrote this," she said to herself,
re-reading certain sections, knowing that when it came
down to typing the story out, it would differ from
what she had written. She had taken the creative
writing class essentially as a cover to get to the
more arcane reference books in the university library.
Giles had applauded her effort.

It had started off that way, but she found as the
class progressed, that she enjoyed the challenge of
making up stories. The professor would give them the
subject they had to write about. This week's was about
alternate personalities a-la 'Dr. Jeckyll and Mr.
Hyde'. The exception being that the 'normal-self'
would have to be fully aware of what was happening the
entire time.

To this end, she had drawn upon her recollections of
her vampire alter ego and utilized them, with subtle
changes here and there.

She stretched, giving her a chance to work out kinks
from writing in one position for so long. Looking
over to Buffy's empty bed, she wondered when her best
friend would return from patrol. She had missed
another opportunity to help, while at the library
researching for her class.

Closing the composition book that the professor
insisted that the class use, stating: 'You never know
when your muse will hit.' Willow got ready for bed.
After visiting the girls' bathroom across the hall,
she changed into her pajamas and snuggled under her
blankets.

**

Buffy quietly entered the dorm room she shared with
her best friend, as not to wake her. She could see the
gentle rising and falling of Willow's chest as she
checked on her. Sighing heavily, she made her way to
her bed and sprawled across it, within minutes she was
fast asleep.

She never heard the door to the room open or close.