Fic. "Predator 2/10" 'R'

Title: "Predator" 2/10
Author: Angela
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2000
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy The
Vampire Slayer". I'm only using them for a brief
interlude. No copyright infringement is intended or
inferred. All original characters are the sole
property of the author and can not be used without
expressed permission first. *Ooh* I'm not even sure at
this point if there *will* be any original characters
yet.
Author's Note: I believe this story will be a somewhat
radical departure for me, in regards to the content of
the story. I hope not to disappoint any one who has
read my previous stories with this one. I will be
using a single quotation marks ( ' ) for thoughts and
the asterisk for ( * ) emphasis on words.

PART 2

"Willow& Will, wake up," Buffy said, gently
pushing
her friend's shoulder. "Wake up, you're going to be
late for class again."

"Class& late," Willow muttered.

"Willow& wake up."

Slowly, Willow's right eye opened. Buffy watched as it
looked to the left, then to the right, before closing
once more.

"Come on Will. This isn't like you," Buffy said,
concerned by Willow's recent behavior.

"I'm up," Willow replied.

"You are the *farthest* thing from up I know."

Willow began to move stretching her legs first, then
slowly raising herself up into a sitting position.

"Are you in there Will?" Buffy asked, moving
stray
locks of hair away from Willow's face.

"Present."

Sitting down next to her friend, Buffy placed the back
of her hand against Willow's forehead, then her cheek.

'She doesn't have a fever,' she thought. "Are
you
okay?" she asked.

"Fine& tired," Willow replied.

"You've been tired a lot this week. Are you sure
you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answered, yawning. "I
don't
understand it Buffy. I'm going to bed early enough,"
she said, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Why don't I stay in tonight&"

Willow looked over at her friend.

"Buffy, you don't have to take care of me,
really."

"Willow, you're important to me. If I can't take
care
of you&" she trailed off.

"The feelings mutual," Willow replied, gently
squeezing Buffy's hand in hers.

Buffy gazed down at their linked hands for a moment.

"Well&"

"Well&" Willow repeated.

"Why don't you get ready for class? I'll meet up
with
you later."

"Deal."

Buffy let go of Willow's hand as she stood up.

"Go on," Willow said, shooing Buffy away. "I
can't
have us both being late for class."

"Yes Mom."

After Buffy had left the dorm room, Willow seriously
contemplated going back to sleep, before quickly
pushing the thought aside.

"Come on, the world won't wait for us," she muttered
out loud.

***

Willow and Buffy caught up with each other before
Professor Walsh's class.

"I'm going to the library after class," Willow
told
Buffy as they took their seats.

"Will, I know you love the library&"

"But?"

"Well, you've spent every afternoon this week
there."

"I found a *really* interesting book&"

"Class if I could have a little bit of your
time,"
Professor Walsh said, interrupting their conversation.

Buffy and Willow gave the professor their undivided
attention.

***

"Okay so you were telling me about a book?"
Buffy
asked as they left the classroom.

"It's really interesting&" Willow said
excitedly.

"Only *you* could make finding a book in the
library
sound remotely exciting," Buffy teased.

"Oh, but it is," Willow began confidentially. "I
think I found a rough draft of the book, 'Dr. Jeckyll
and Mr. Hyde'", she whispered.

"What makes you think that?" Buffy asked as they
made
their way outside.

"Well, after Professor Reid gave us the
assignment,
the first thing I did was to go to the library. To
check out the book."

Buffy nodded as they walked towards the library.

"And as you may or may not know, I've cultivated
relationship with the librarian, Miss Smith."

"Okay, I'm following you so far," Buffy said.

"Anyhow, I sort of let it slip out that I was
doing a
paper for class. Miss Smith asked what the subject was
about and when I told her, she asked me to follow her
to her office."

"Then what?"

"She showed it to me. The draft, " Willow
replied,
awestruck, as if she were reliving the experience.

"Come on Willow. What makes you think that&"
Buffy
trailed off as she thought about what she was going to
say. ''Well, this *is* Sunnydale. Anything's
possible,' she mused. "Alright, let's say Sunnydale
University has what could be the rough draft to 'Dr.
Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde'. Did you notice anything
different about the book?" Buffy asked.

"Um& no. Not really," Willow replied somewhat
nervously.

"'Not really?' Are we talking major plot
changes?"

"Nn& no."

Buffy turned towards Willow and noticed that she was
biting her lower lip.

"Alright Will. Give. What's so different about
the book that you can't tell me about?"