Fic. "Predator 3/10" 'R'

Title: "Predator" 3/10
Author: Angela
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2000
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy The
Vampire Slayer". I'm only using them for a brief
interlude. No copyright infringement is intended or
inferred. All original characters are the sole
property of the author and can not be used without
expressed permission first. *Ooh* I'm not even sure at
this point if there *will* be any original characters
yet.
Author's Note: I believe this story will be a somewhat
radical departure for me, in regards to the content of
the story. I hope not to disappoint any one who has
read my previous stories with this one. I will be
using a single quotation marks ( ' ) for thoughts and
the asterisk for ( * ) emphasis on words.
PART 3

"Buffy!"

Willow and Buffy both turned around and watched as
Giles jogged towards them.

"Giles, what are you doing here?" Buffy asked.

"Hello Giles," Willow told him when he caught up
to them.

"Good afternoon Willow. You& you're looking
well," he said smiling.

"Thank you," she replied.

"Giles?"

"Ah, yes. There's been another attack," he said,
coming straight to the point.

"Attack?" Willow asked.

"Not another one?"

"Yes I'm afraid."

"What attack?" Willow asked once again.

"Um, I think we should find someplace more
discrete," Giles suggested as students were walking
around them.

"Well, we were on our way to the library,"
Willow
suggested.

"Excellent idea," he replied.

"When did it happen?" Buffy asked as they neared
the building in question.

"Not more than an hour after I dropped you off,"
he replied as they entered the university library. "I
heard it on the news this morning," he said.

"Over here," Willow said, showing them the way
to the reference area of the building.

"This is quite remarkable," Giles said.

"Yeah. I love it myself," Willow replied.

In the back of the reference area were rooms that held
a conference table and chairs. These rooms were
designed for large groups of students that needed a
place to research for class without disturbing the
other students.

"This one's empty," Buffy said as she opened the
door.

After they sat down, Willow once again asked:

"What attacks?"

"It& it seems that during the past four nights
there have been random attacks on the population of
Sunnydale."

"Vampires?" Willow asked.

"No. Nothing as normal as that I'm afraid,"
Giles
replied. "All I've been able to ascertain so far, is
that all the victims, both male and female seemed to
have lost some of their&vitality, for lack of a better
word."

"How can that be?" Willow asked.

"We haven't been able to find out. Which is why
I'm coming to you. The newspapers have hinted that
each of the victims were left with some sort of
marking."

"You want me to see what I can find out," Willow
stated.

"Yes. It's important that we find out who or
*what* is behind these attacks," Giles said.

"I need to know what I'm up against," Buffy
added.

"Okay. I'll get started after my last class, "
Willow replied.

"Thank you Willow. I& I hope this doesn't keep
you from anything?"

"Actually, while I'm here, I can look something
up for one of my classes. If I do it now, I won't have
to later."

"Speaking of class, I've got to go," Buffy said
as she stood up from the table.

"Yes and I should start researching. I'll call
Xander and he can meet me later," Giles said.

"I'll drop by as soon as I have something,"
Willow told Giles as she picked up her bag.

"Good luck," he said.

"See ya Will."

"Bye guys.

Buffy and Giles left Willow alone as she thought about
the information she had just heard.

'A succubus?' she thought. No. A succubus was
only interested in men. And from what Giles had told
her, whatever it was, was going after both men and
women. 'A bi-cubus?' she chuckled to herself.

Leaving the room, Willow headed straight for Miss
Smith's office. She needed to look at the manuscript
again. She wanted to make sure she had copied the
information from the manuscript correctly.