Title: "Predator" 10/10
Author: Angela
Copyright: Jan. 14, 2000
E-Mail: glasswrks@xxxxxxxxx
Rating: 'R'
Disclaimer: Joss owns the characters from "Buffy The
Vampire Slayer". I'm only using them for a brief
interlude. No copyright infringement is intended or
inferred. All original characters are the sole
property of the author and can not be used without
expressed permission first. *Ooh* I'm not even sure at
this point if there *will* be any original characters
yet.
Author's Note: I believe this story will be a somewhat
radical departure for me, in regards to the content of
the story. I hope not to disappoint any one who has
read my previous stories with this one. I will be
using a single quotation marks ( ' ) for thoughts and
the asterisk for ( * ) emphasis on words.
LATIN NOTICE: I've used latin text, and they may *not*
be entirely correct.

Part 10

"Are you sure about this Buffy?" Willow asked as
they walked through 'Peaceful Rest' cemetery.

"Yeah. Just one last look around," she said.
Buffy didn't ask Willow about the kiss she had given
Giles. She knew that they had shared something that
eventful evening. And although Willow hadn't admitted
it, Buffy could see a subtle change in their
relationship. Buffy knew that Giles would always care
for her and her safety, but he loved Willow. It was
plain as day on his face. If they ever took the
chance, and acted upon their feelings, she'd deal with
it later. "Willow?"

"Yeah Buff?"

"Don't move."

"Why?" she said looking around.

"I'm picking up on at least two vamps," she
answered.

***

Giles had finished his tea and went upstairs to his
bedroom. He hoped his plan had worked, going into his
closet, he moved his coats out of the way. Pushing his
glasses back up his nose, he took the small pen light
out from his pocket. Taking what he needed, he moved
everything back into place and went downstairs.

Xander had been most pleased when he found the VCR.
Giles explained that there were many times he had
wanted to tape the news broadcasts for information.
They all believed him. The people who had set up the
surveillance equipment didn't even bother to ask
questions. They taught him how to set up the timer,
which he did each time he went to sleep. As he placed
the tape in, he wondered if his theory would hold
water.

After the initial attack had taken place he strongly
believed that he was still being victimized. He
waited, wanting to be sure. He knew the marking on his
chest should have begun to fade, and when it seemed to
get darker, he decided to have the surveillance camera
installed in his bedroom. Turning on his television
set, he sat down on his couch. Looking at the remote,
he pressed play.

***

Willow was pushed to the ground as Buffy dispatched
the first fledging vampire. She got up to her knees
and watched Buffy block various punches the other
vampire used.

"She's good."

"Yes& she&" Willow looked around.

***

Giles forwarded the tape, wondering again if this had
been a good idea. He didn't tell anyone else what he
suspected at first; he wanted to be sure.

"Hold on," he said out loud. Looking at the
remote, he pressed play. The tape resumed at regular
speed, he could see himself sleeping. That wasn't the
reason he wanted to see this part, someone had just
entered his room.

***

Buffy was far too preoccupied with the second vampire
to notice the sudden change in Willow's demeanor.

'A Slayer.'

Buffy found an opening and staked the vampire,
watching as he crumbled into dust.

***

"No&" Giles uttered in absolute shock and
horror.

***

"Are you hurt?" Buffy asked, seeing Willow on
the
ground.

"No& I don't think so."

***

"Not Willow," Giles said, shaking his head in
disbelief. Pausing the tape, he got down closer to the
television set. He reached out and touched the screen.
"God in heaven, not her," he whispered.

***

"Come on, let's go," Buffy said, offering her
hand to Willow.

"Okay."

***

"Buffy," Giles said, realizing she was alone
with
Willow.

***

"Are you okay Buffy?"

"Um& yeah. I guess that last vamp took more out
of me than I thought," she answered, leaning against
her friend.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you."

"Thanks Will," Buffy said.

***

"I must find them," Giles said having watched
enough of the tape to see that Buffy was in danger. He
had to stop what might happen.

***

"I don't know what's wrong with me," Buffy said.

"You'll be okay. I know it."

Buffy turned her head in Willow's direction. She
looked at her friend, her eyes locking on her mouth.
She felt an overwhelming desire to&

'Whoa! Where the *hell* did that come from?' she
thought, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. She
felt Willow's hand on her cheek, her eyes closed as
she leaned into the touch.

***

Giles got into his car and drove towards the
university.

'I pray I'm not too late,' the thought.

***

Buffy's eyes flew open. The lips on hers were warm,
soft and gentle. Exactly like Willow.

'You've got to stop,' she told herself. "Have to
stop," she whispered, before losing herself in the
kiss.

"It's too late," Buffy heard. "Come with me."

"Yes," she answered, as she followed Willow,
their hands clasped.

***

"Where are they?" Giles said as he entered Buffy
and Willow's dorm room.

***

Opening the motel room, Willow walked in ahead of
Buffy. Closing the door, Willow reached out for Buffy.
Staring deeply into the other girl's face, she wasn't
surprised by what she saw.

"Ampleuxus Willow," she whispered. (Love Willow)

***

Giles sat on Buffy's bed waiting.

The End.