re: [buffyloveswillow] Funny

As Soon as I saw that you wrote Prophecy Girl I knew what you'd be talking about!:) I
would have to say that Buffy was talking about her & Willow. Anyone else??
Mel
Hello people,

I'd just thought I'd share this with you.. I watched "Prophecy Girl"
a second time a few days ago and this little bit of conversation just
hit/struck my funny bone, or however you americans say that. ;)
Buffy: Okay, what's up?

Xander: Uh, let's go over here and sit.

He leads her over to a bench.

Buffy: Okay, now you're making me nervous.

Xander: Oh, no, no, there's nothing to be nervous about. Really, it's
silly. Ha, ha! (laughs nervously)

They reach the bench, but a boy is sitting there.

Xander: (to the boy) Hey. (the boy looks up) Leave. (the boy leaves)
Thanks. (they sit)

Buffy: Well?

Xander: Um... You know, Buffy, uh, Spring Fling is a... time for
students to gather and... Oh, God! (takes a breath) Buffy, I want you to
go to the dance with me. You and me, on a date.

Buffy: (speechless) I-I don't know what to say.

Xander: Well, you're not laughing. So that's a good start. Buffy, I
like you. A lot. And I know we're friends, and we've had experiences...
We've fought some blood-sucking fiends, and that's all been a good time.
But I want more. I wanna dance with you.

Buffy: Xander, you're one of my best friends. You and Willow...

Xander: Well, Willow's not looking to date you. Or if she is, she's
playing it pretty close to the chest. (laughs nervously)

Buffy: I don't want to spoil the friendship that we have.

Xander: Well, I don't want to spoil it either. But that's not the
point, is it? You either feel a thing or you don't.

Now, wishful thinking, but who knows, maybe Buffy was talking about
Willow when she said "I don't want to spoil the friendship that we have",
and Xander misunderstood. Then Buffy just played along with him for
the rest of the conversation (poor Xand).

Thoughts? Comments?

Anneke

Buffy: It is a sham, but it's a sham with yams; it's a yam sham.

Anneke Sinnema
ICQ: 16625209
Homepage: http://bounce.to/anneke

GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE! GET THE OFFICIAL
COMPANION
TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE
BOOKS FOR
$2. Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3014/4/_/651349/_/955474490/