Be still my heart.... Willow's not Wiccan? ????

>You have to consider the fact that she has no mentor. Do what she does
>without an experienced Wiccan to guide her, it is no wonder she doesn't
>follow the rules. Kinda the way Buffy doesn't follow the Slayer's Handbook
>rules since she never saw one. Only Buffy at least had Giles to provide
>guidance. He won't tutor Willow, so she pilfer's his occult books and
>wings
>it.

I agree that what we see on the TV and in the movies really has no basis in
reality nor is it rooted in the actuality of fact. If it makes a good
storyline then Hollywood, including Joss, will use it. I wish they would
claim that Willow was studying something else, but they haven't, thus I
deal. The overall message and quality of show is outstanding and I'm not
going judge it on the lack of research by the writers.

Now as far as no mentor: I totally agree with Chazman! Giles wasn't into
Wiccan he was into black magick. He made mistakes that he is trying to stop
Willow from making. What he doesn't realize is that by cutting her off he
is dooming her to repeat his mistakes. We have already seen some of the
results--the "my Will be done spell--could have had far reaching results.