Title: A Higher Power (2/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
(please be kind for the first time in over 30 years I'm a virgin at
something!)
Title: A Higher Power
Author: Alex
"What happened?"Willow asked as she carefully helped Buffy sit down on
the bed "is it some new master vampire or maybe an arch demon from the
Hellmouth determined to destroy the world You just tell me and I'll get
everyone together and foil their evil plans cause that's what we do the
Slayer and her possie guarding the Hellmouth and defending mankind from
those evil nasties that........"
"Please Willow "Buffy groaned and held up her hand stop the girl's
nervous babbling."it's nothing like that."

Then what happened?"Willow asked suddenly serious "Who did this to you?"
"Easy Wills don't blow a brain cell" Buffy said with more strength than
she really had."I'm not really sure what happened,it was just your
everyday regular vamps, three of them, I was kickin' ass when all of a
sudden I was so tired, It was like I couldn't even hold my arms up let
alone fight. I got lucky and introduced two of them to Mr. Pointy and
the last one ran away. Good thing too cause as soon as he was out of
sight I fell right there in the blood and vamp dust and was too tired
to get up.. so I just laid there. I could feel every scrape cut and
bruise they gave me and some I had before I met them. Finally I got up
enough strength to get home to my Wills, cause I know she'll take care
of me and make all my big bad Slayer boo-boos all better."

Hearing that Willow realized she was just sitting there holding Buffy in
her arms rocking her gently completely engrossed in the warm wonderful
feel of the woman she loved gently pressing against her. The beautiful
blonde head resting on her shoulder.
Reminded of her friend's condition Willow gently lay Buffy down on the
bed and went to her closet. She rummaged around until she found the
first aide box and returned to Buffy's side. Willow began laying out the
supplies she needed to treat her friend's wounds but before she could
start tending those wounds Buffy raised herself up a low groan escaping
from deep in her throat.
"Hold on Wills"she said softly "I've gots to take a shower. I mean whoa
major stink."
Buffy wrinkled her nose to demonstrate her point causing Willow to
giggle despite of her concern for her friend.
Buffy! you can't be serious!" Willow exclaimed stunned by her best
friend's intention. "You can barely sit up let alone make it to the
showers."
"Oh please Wills stop acting like my mother." Buffy wished she hadn't
said it the second the last word left her mouth. "Oh god I'm sorry
Wills...I didn't really mean that. I know you're only trying to help.
I'm just tired and grumpy nothing a hot shower won't cure." "B.but you
can't...." Willow began but Buffy cut her off "Did you forget?"Buffy
said with false bravado and pointing at her own chest "You're dealing
with the big bad Slayer, the all powerful Chosen One, you can knock me
down but I spring right back up. Nothing keeps me down."
With that Buffy sat up and began removing her disgustingly dirty and
torn clothes with some difficulty because of her injuries.
"A little help here please." she groaned the pain showing in her voice.
" Oh....sure...no probs" Willow mumbled distracted, She began helping
the injured Slayer to remove her clothes "Just throw them in the trash
Wills" Buffy told her friend "They're shoot ,d.o.a, deceased."
"Yeah..s.sure" Willow stammered slightly afraid to trust her voice "in
the trash"
The red haired woman swallowed hard and tried to stop her hands from
trembling as she helped reveal Buffy's warm soft skin Willow could
barely contain her urge to lean down and kiss that inviting soft white
skin just to find out what it tasted like. Buffy was watching her out of
the corner of her eye. She could see the emotions plainly showing on her
room mates face.
. She sympathised but she couldn't allow that to happen.When all Buffy
had left was her underwear she stood up slowly and broke the contact
between herself and Willow. Willow couldn't stop her eyes from wandering
over Buffy's body drinking in the intoxicating beauty before her. <> Bad
Willow bad bad Willow<> she scolded herself <> mustn't lust after your
best friend no matter how incredibly beautiful and sexy you think she
is! <>
She took an inventory of every cut scrape bruise and scar on the
Slayer's body and recalled in flashes of memory the story behind the
worst of them it was easy she'd been there for most of them.
"Hello earth to Willow" Buffy called to her distracted friend, "Could
you give me a hand with my robe?"
"huh..yeah sure " Willow said coming back to reality "Here you go. Give
me a second and I'll come help you."
"No...I'll be alright"Buffy said as she put on her soft terry cloth robe
"The Slayer should at least be able to clean herself. I won't be long."
She picked up her shower bag and walked out of their room, making sure
to hold her "strong" pose until she was sure that there was no way
Willow could see her Once she heard the door close Buffy slumped against
the wall and using it a a brace she limped slowly down the hall to the
showers pain and exhaustion showing clearly on her face now that her
best friend couldn't see.
Buffy had long ago figured out how Willow felt about her, it was easy
she felt the same way about beautiful red haired friend. However she
also knew she could never tell Willow how she felt. If Buffy had learned
only one thing after spending all these years as a Slayer on a Hellmouth
it was that if she showed any kind of real love for anyone that person
became the target of every nasty slimy evil thing that crawled out of
the place. Her proof was when Angelus figured out how she felt about the
shy compassionate girl he had made her his main target because he knew
that hurting Willow would kill Buffy. There was no way she was going to
put her beloved little red haired green eyed witch girl in that kind of
danger ever again.
It was bad enough that she ran around playing research girl for the gang
and the danger that entailed, to expose her to any more was unthinkable.
She knew that if she'd allowed Willow to come to the showers with her
there was no way she could have controlled herself. To avoid that she
took a chance that Willow's feelings might be hurt in order to keep her
safe and refused to let her best friend help even though her need was
obvious. The pain in those incredible green eyes had torn Buffy's heart
out but it had to be done.
The badly injured Slayer eventually made it to the showers, thankfully
they were empty probably due to the late hour. She stepped into the
nearest stall and carefully shrugged out of her robe and hung it on a
hook. It took several minutes for her to get her underwear off ,the
effort left her out of breath and more than a little dizzy. <> Good
thing Wills can't see me like this.<> Buffy thought to herself <> I'd
never get a minute of peace. The girl just worries too much <> She
turned on the water adjusting the temperature to just below scalding
Buffy leaned against the wall and let the hot water spray over battered
body. As she stood under the spray she noticed her vision blurring
around the edges then her stomach did a slow forward roll and she felt
light headed.
<> Oh gods no <> she though realizing she was in serious trouble <>
Willow, HELP ME <>
That was the last coherent thought that went through Buffy's mind before
everything faded to black and she collapsed in a heap on the shower
stall floor.

Hope yo liked it.
Latter
Alex

No matter where you go - There you are.

If you hurt her I'll beat you to death with a shovel. ~Willow~