Title: A Higher Power (8/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
Title: A Higher Power (8/?)
Author: Alex
Willow tore her eyes away from the man's hypnotic gaze and looked back
at her unconscious friend.

"No" she said adamantly "I won't leave my Buffy."

It was a statement rather than an argument or request.

"I will care for your other half." replied a husky female voice.

Willow looked toward this new voice and saw a shockingly beautiful and
exotic looking woman stepped out of a shadowed alcove.
The first thing Willow noticed about this new comer was her fiery red
hair that fell in a wild cascade of waves and curls to just pest her
shoulders. She was wearing a black leather tunic trimmed with silver
Celtic knot work over a dark blue knee length dress and knee high
leather boots. Hanging from her belt were two long silver dirks their
handles looked worn with constant use.
Her smoky green eyes seemed to take in everything without ever breaking
their contact with Willow That combined with the cat like grace of her
movements and her strong white teeth that flashed when she smiled gave
her a feral predatory look the exact opposite of Brigit.

"We must talk." the man said "We won't go far I promise. Nothing will
happen to her with Morrigan watching over her."

"I guess that's okay." Willow said unsure but some thing in the back of
her mind was telling her to trust these unusual people and that little
voice had never been wrong.

"Good, please come with me." he said we will be just outside."

He led her outside into a large tree filled courtyard in the center of
which was a small fountain surrounded by stone tables with benches. He
chose one on the sunny side of the fountain. Willow sat down opposite
him and looked around in wonder.
There were trees and flowers of all kinds all around. There were birds
and other wildlife some that Willow saw she knew to be extinct. When the
man sat down a huge raven flew down and landed on his shoulder.
They sat quietly for a few moments drinking in the peaceful beauty of
their surroundings storing the memory for later more turbulent times.
Something was tugging at the fringes of Willow's mind, something about
these people and this place.
Just as she was about to confront the man Brigit came out caring a large
silver tray filled with fresh fruit three glasses and a pitcher.

"Eat child" the man said "enjoy the Earth mother's gifts."

"The meade too little one." Brigit added "It will strengthen you for
what lies ahead."

"Thank you" Willow said taking a sip of the potent liquid "This is
really good."

Willow savored the sweet honey aftertaste as the warmth of the meade
flowed through her body. Brigit smiled at her and she felt the warm
spring sunshine in that smile.
Brigit sat down at the end of the bench and Willow gasped when a huge
shaggy grey wolf padded over sat down next to the woman and began
nuzzling her hand demanding attention.

"Now is the time little one." Brigit said absent-mindedly scratching
the wolf's ears. "Ask Lugh your questions."

At the mention of the mention of the man's name Willow's mind clicked
and she remembered where she'd heard the names before.

"Lugh!" Willow choked out her eyes wide
with surprise and disbelief "That means...you are...this is...you can't"

The man she now knew as Lugh smiled at her surprise and confusion, he
held up a hand to stop her verbal melt down.

"You are remarkably well informed child." Lugh began "You apparently
have heard of us."

"Heard of you...yes" Willow blurted out "Your legends...gods even!"

"No child not gods." Lugh assured her "We are as human as you and your
friend in there. We are merely well educated and trained in the ways of
our kind."

"What is your kind?" Willow asked a little calmer "Are you immortals?
I've heard of them"

"No not immortal" Lugh said smiling at her amused at the girl's
undeniable curiosity

"It is this place. Long ago our people saw the need for our people to
have a sanctuary away from your world so using ancient and powerful
magiks and combining our talents this place was created.
It does not exist on your plane it is adjacent to your world but only we
know how to part the veil that separates our planes allowing us to go
back and forth as necessary." Lugh stopped long enough to take a drink.
It had been a long time since he had talked this much and his throat
was parched.

"Others created many legends and folk lore about us,I have heard most of
them. The truth however is much more mundane." he continued "It seems
that when we created this place there was a side effect no one had
anticipated."

Lugh stopped again to get a drink from the tall glass goblet that Brigit
kept filled. Willow could hear the strain in his voice.

"You see time as you know it does not exist here." Lugh resumed "We have
done many tests some with dire consequences to learn the laws that rule
this plane.
Here we do not age. So when the time comes for those of us with the
calling must enter your world we have not changed.
People misunderstood and thought we were more than we truly are.
Eventually superstition being what it is people came to think of us as
gods, a title we neither seek nor want."

"Okay so this place must be...."Willow began knowing but not believing

"Yes child we have brought you and your friend to Teach Tu Danann" Lugh
told her

Willow speechless, she had read some obscure legends of this place,
never much because of the lack of written history about the Druids and
their beliefs.

"I never had any idea this place could possibly exist." Willow said once
her brain began to grasp what she'd just been told
"Everything all the writings were so vague."

"That was not an accident my child."We did not want to give the outside
world too many clues and it worked." Lugh sighed softly "but now we have
been forced to once again to come into direct contact with your world
because of you and the Chosen One."

"Why? What can you do to cure her?" Willow demanded hopefully "Is that
why we're here?"

"All in it's time child." Lugh said crypticly

"Lugh! Really were you never young?" Brigit scolded him softly then
explained to Willow "No, little we can not cure her. We can only halt
the progress of the affliction the demon caused. We have saved her life
but we can not cure it and what you must know is that it has progressed
much further than we knew. If a cure is not given soon her soul will be
released and with that the fate of your world will be sealed."

"Quite true" Lugh interrupted "Let me explain a little history and maybe
you will better understand our dilemma"

Alright I'm listening." Willow said with far more confidence than she
felt.

They all three took a deep drink of the potent meade then Lugh looked
deep into Willow's eyes capturing and holding with his eerily glowing
hazel orbs.

"Since the way to spin a tale is from the beginning that is where I
shall begin." Lugh said, his deep voice, and lyrical accent reassured
Willow, and helped her relax and absorb what he was saying. "Let us
begin with the dawn of creation."
End part (8/?)
There you go that's all for now.
There will be more soon ( I hope!)
I want to take the time here to thank everyone for their advice and
encouragement. You know who you are.
Later
Alex
No matter where you go - there you are.
"If you hurt her I'll beat you to death with a shovel   ~Willow~