FIC: Royalty (Chapter 12: Inner Fires Rupert Giles)

Hello all...

Last chapter may have been a little off, but nothing compared to what I've
done this time...
Now writing Giles isn't my strong suit, but I think I've managed quite well
and yes it's supposed to be in present tense
Next up in chapter 13: Willow

Stefan Cilia

Royalty
By: Stefan Cilia

Chapter 12: Inner Fires Rupert Giles

Friendship.
A head roles.
Honor.
A head roles.
Courage.
The dust falls.

Rupert Giles smiles a thin smile. The guards are spread out all over the
city. He now stands alone. Which is what he wants right now. To be alone.
What makes their problems so much greater then mine. He thinks to himself as
he stalks of into the shadows.
No don't think about it. Focus on the here and now. Don't let the blade take
control.
"This is far from normal." He mutters and looks at the throng of vampires
that are marching down the street completely filling it from end to end.
He turns and sees their destination, a church.
"Bloody hell." He mutters as he runs towards it.
A Jaguar parked outside.
Someone inside reading.
Xander.
A knock on the class.
Xander jumps.
"Giles?"
"No time to explain. A throng of vampires and maybe some minor demons are
heading this way and we have to make a stand."
"Okay." The younger man mutters and steps out of the car.
"Do you have a weapon?"
The younger man grins and starts putting his staff together.
"That's not going to be enough."
"Wait and see, ye of little faith." Two blades are fastened onto either end
of the staff.
"Who is inside the church?"
"Buffy. Should I go and."
"No time."

They step onto the street and Rupert draws a line with his sword on the
ground.
"They can not be allowed to pass."
"Understood."
"Move or die." A thundering voice commands from the front of the throng."
"Sorry can't do that."
"Then you will die."
"If I had a dollar for every time I've heard."

Battle.
A witty pun.
Steel clashing with steel.
Sparks.
A grunt.
A gash.
A defiant scream.
Heads roll.
Dust falls.
The air becomes thick.
Then there is silence.
Heavy breathing.
Blood dripping from wounds.

"You alright?" Rupert asks.
"Yep! Just a few scratches." Xander says holding up a his hand.
"Is there a first-aid kit in the car."
"Yes."
"Use it. I'll go and check on Buffy."
"Be carefully she beat me up pretty nicely earlier when I tried to stop
her."
"Understood."

The door opens. A girl is on her knees in front of the crucifix. He goes to
one knee and crosses himself.
Not such a bad idea. He thinks to himself as he silently walks up to her.
He places a hand on her shoulder. She stops her praying and looks up at him.
"Hi!" She whispers.
"You alright." He asks as he goes down to his knees.
"I'm. better."
"That's good."
"You don't look so good."
"Ran into a small hindrance."
"Is Xander okay?"
"He's taking care of some minor wounds but he should be fine." He says and
looks up at the crucifix.
"Did you find."
The doors burst open and a thunder is heard.