Title: Untitled (5/?)
Author: Kimber (kacoe@xxxxxxx)
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
else, e-mail me please.
Author's Notes: The more feedback I get the more fic I write?.nuff said.
Thoughts are enclosed in < > and flashbacks are enclosed in <<< >>>
-----------

?Lasa orbita sa fie vasul care-i va transporta, sufletul la el. . .Let this Orb be the
vessel that will carry his soul to him. . . Asa sa fie! Asa sa fie! Acum!. . . So it shall
be! So it shall be! Now!?

The air was punctuated by a blood curdling scream. He slumped over as the blue light
faded from his eyes. He took a few moments to gather his thoughts then the realization
hit him. Everything he?d done, everything he did to her. A sob escaped from his throat
and two strong hands yanked him up by the collar.

?No time for that now, man..? He slapped him to try and bring him to his senses. ?We?ve
a demon to stop. . .I bloody well don?t want to die down here. Do you??

He shook his head and tried to focus his eyes. ?No. . .we have to save them, we have
to.? Angel reached out and grabbed the hands that held him up. A blood-tear ran down his
cheek. ?My God, what have I done??

?No time now. We have to get out of here and carry on like nothing has happened.? He
smiled to himself. ?Just think, if we make it out of here alive, I?ve got a new job
opportunity. . .I?d make a pretty good witch you know.? He gathered up the man in front
of him and led him out the door. <This better work.>

-----------------

<You?ve seen one sewer, you?ve seen them all.> Buffy walked through the sludge and slime
collected in the pipes located under one of the most beautiful cities in the world. She
walked with a purpose, with direction. . .finally she knew what she was supposed to do.
Angelus was close by, the blood humming in her veins told her that much. <Must be the
sick little connection a childe has to it?s sire.> Until now, she?d been scared to use
the vampiric strength and sense. Since she?d been turned, she was afraid to give into
this dark, twisted gift. Inhuman speed, strength of 1000 men, night vision, sense of
smell that would put a pack of bloodhounds to shame. Ethan?s comments about the power
being intoxicating were directed to Willow, but Buffy heard him loud and clear, and the
consequences ran through her mind.

Before she went on the hunt, she had the good sense to change her clothes. She was
wearing a pair of form fitting leather pants, leather boots that came mid-calf and a
simple white tank top. For good measure, she took Angel?s duster. With her blonde locks
pulled back in a pony tail, she looked genderless. Ultimately she was. . .she was no
longer female or even a slayer. . .she was a vampire. That point had been driven home
time and time again when the blood lust ached in her chest. It had been almost a month
and she?d been able to avoid taking a life, but the temptation was there. Every time
someone walked into a room, every time she came close, Buffy literally heard the blood
coursing though her veins and her heart pounding a methodical, maddening rhythm in her
ears. Willow?s blood, Willow?s heart. Even as she put distance between them, she could
swear she still felt her there so close. <Can?t think about that now.> She shook her
head to get rid of the thoughts.

She came upon a crossroads and pressed herself against the wall. A stray thought came
into her mind about a poem she?d read in high school. Something about the road not taken.
. .or less traveled or making a difference. . . or was it

?Buffy.?

She was no thought and all action. Her arm swung back to where the voice had come from
and upon contact heard the crack of bones.

?Ow! What the hell was that for!?

She looked back and saw Quentin kneeling on the ground holding his nose. . .Giles and
Ethan were about five steps away. She reached down and grabbed him by the lapels and
pressed him against the wall. ?Didn?t your mother ever teach you not to sneak up on
vampires??

?Apparently not. I didn?t think it would result in a broken nose!?

?Serves you right. I?ve been wanting to do that for a long time.? She smiled at him and
shifted into game-face.

Giles cleared his throat. ?Ahem . . .good, we?ve found you. Here.? He dropped a
knapsack at her feet. ?This is everything we?ll need to fight this thing.? He looked
down at her and shook his head. ?And for God?s sakes, wipe that face off, please.?

She never took her eyes of Quentin. ?I don?t remember sending out party invitations.?
She let him go and turned to Giles, morphing back to her human guise. ?I have to get her
out of here. It?s what Willow wants, and I?m doing it alone.?

?Willow? It?s what we all want, Buffy. Or have you forgotten how Angelus tortured me? I
wouldn?t wish that on anyone.? He looked back at Ethan. ?Not even him.?

?That?s not what I meant, Giles.? She shrugged her shoulders. ?Look, Will loves her. .
.I get that now, and if Cordelia makes her happy then I plan on getting her out of here in
one piece.? She grabbed the knapsack and began to walk away. ?Just let me do this one
thing right. . .for Willow.?

Giles had had it. He dropped his bag and grabbed her by the arm. ?That?s it! That?s why
you?re down here? You amaze me sometimes, Buffy. Honestly.?

She growled and gave him a piercing gaze. ?Let me go.?

They faced off for what seemed like forever. Neither one of them budging. Finally,
Quentin took hold of the situation. ?Buffy, we really haven?t any time for this
nonsense. I have a map that takes us right to the lair. You?re either in or your out.
As for Willow, yes, she and Cordelia are connected, but not in the way you think.
Cordelia has a gift from the Oracles. . .prophetic visions. These visions act as an aide
to Angel so he can seek out people in trouble. Since they had a relationship, some of the
gift has been given to Willow. . .it?s transmitted through fluids. . .only she has
prophetic dreams. You witnessed a vision when you tasted Cordelia?s blood. As for the
connection. . . Willow gave her the NoiTome Gem. . .it was made for Willow by the Oracles
themselves. . .that?s how she knew Cordelia had been taken. . .she felt the ring?s
vibrations grow faint.? Buffy stood there is shocked silence, unable to look at any of
them. Quentin picked up his bag. ?Good, well, a silent vampire is a good vampire.? He
motioned to the pipe leading off to the left. ?Shall we??

Wordless, they continued on with Quentin leading the pack.

------------

?She?s close. . .I can smell her fear.? He smiled and a hint of fang gleamed in the
torchlight.

A demon approached him. ?The . .The Immortal Watcher?? He shuddered at the thought.

He reeled around and the demon was met with a right cross to the face. He flew into a
wall with a dumbfounded expression peppered with pain. ?No, you fool. . .the friggin
Easter Bunny! Yes, The Immortal Watcher. . .idiot, I don?t know why I bother.? He shook
his head wondering for the infinite time just how reliable these creatures were. <Leave
it to Rayne to muster up the stupidest creatures earth and hell has to offer. Where?s a
God damn Chaos-demon when you need one?> He was shaken out of his thoughts by another
demon walking into the room. He looked up and growled. ?What do you want??

He was unshaken. <All bark, no bite.> ?The lookouts confirm the approach of the Immortal
Watcher from the west. I?ve also been informed that another little troupe approaches from
the east as we speak.?

<Closing in from both sides. . .> He smiled again. ?Good. Let me know when they?re just
outside the perimeter.? He turned to go but stopped. ?Let them find the bitch. . .I have
no use for her. There are bigger fish around to fry.?

?Do you think that?s wise?? The demon couldn?t believe what he was hearing.

?You question me?! They?re weak, she?s weak. . .and they bloody well won?t leave here
without her. It?s perfect. . I couldn?t have planned it better myself.? He crossed the
room quickly and stopped inches away from the demon. ?Damn Mohra demons. . .one purpose
in mind.? He took on a mocking tone. ?End of the world, end of the world. . you?d be
spouting off about the end of the world forever if I hadn?t come in here and taken over.
It?s happening because of me, I?M the catalyst that will be the death of them all.? He
stopped his rant and sniffed the air. ?She?s close.? He returned his attention to the
demon. ?You strike to kill anything that gets in your way. . .save the Immortal one and
the slayer for me.? He straightened up and squared his shoulders off. ?The Big Bad is
back. . .and there?ll be hell to pay. . .when I get my hands on her, I?ll?

The sentence was interrupted by a stinging backhand from a figure standing behind him. He
landed on the ground with a thud and whipped around to find Angelus hovering over him.
?You?ll what, Spike?? He chuckled and backed up two steps, bringing his hands to his
chest and closing his eyes. ?Wish really, really hard that you could bite them? Huh?
Maybe you should pull your fangs out tonight and put them under your pillow.? The air was
punctuated by his maniacal laughter. ?That way, the tooth fairy will come and give you a
pair that?s not so defective.? He stopped laughing and put out a hand to help his childe
up. ?I swear I only keep you around for amusement purposes.? He dusted him off and
slapped him on the back for good measure before walking away.

?You?re a real bastard, Angelus. Anyone ever tell you that?? He shook his head and ran
one hand through short platinum blonde hair.

?Once,? He turned, game-face firmly in place. ?but her thoughts were interrupted when I
ripped out her heart and shoved it down her throat.? He growled and looked at Spike from
under a hooded brow. ?It?s kinda hard to talk with your mouth full.?

Spike threw his hands up in frustration. ?You?ve lost your marbles! I?m convinced of it
now! The Immortal Watcher and the slayer-vampire-thing, whatever the hell she is. . .
they?re moments away and all you can talk about is lunch.? He shook his head and paced
around the room. Finally he stopped in front of his sire. ?So tell me, Great One, what?s
the bloody plan? How do we stop them??

Angelus laughed. ?In the words of the mother country. . .sod off! You?re on a need to
know basis, Impotent One. You?ll know when it?s time.? He walked out leaving Spike
alone.

----------

?Well, well, well. What do we have here?? She sensed him moving around her in a
predatory circle. ?Cordelia. . .I never figured you for S&M.? She felt him come closer
and his hand went to her cheek.

She tried to pull away from him but the quick movement only produced a sob from her throat
and a sadistic chuckle from him.

?Get away from me you bastard.? She spit at him.

He removed the blindfold and peered into her eyes. He shook his finger at her. ?Now, now
. . is that any way to speak to your lover? Hmm?? He smiled and she noticed a fang peek
out from his upper lip . . it made her shudder.

?You?re not Angel . . .you?re Angelus, I know the difference.?

?I see you?ve bought into what that slayer bitch has been feeding you.? He took on a
mocking tone. ?Angel loves me, Angelus is the demon, he?s the bad one, boo hoo.? He
shifted into game-face. ?Spare me. . .I?ve heard the song before and believe me it?s
gotten old.? He leaned in and sniffed the nape of her neck. A tear fell from her eye and
he noted it by continuing up her neck and licking it off her cheek. ?Hmm, great taste,
less filling.?

?You sick bastard!? She managed to lift one of her feet and plant it firmly in his groin.

He fell back immediately, bringing his hands to the quickly swelling area. Two demons
rushed in. One helped him up and the other backhanded her.

?Tie her feet up and teach her a lesson.? He straightened up, trying to keep the apparent
pain from his expression. ?I?ll deal with you later.?

?What?s wrong Angelus. You have to send your boys to do a man?s job?? She managed to
sound defiant, but the fear was still there.

He turned to her and smiled a sad smile. ?You don?t know the half of it.? He shook his
head and began to walk out. ?You don?t know the half.?

Both demons began to tie her legs together. After replacing the blindfold, they turned
her over and once gagged, she felt the sharp sting of a whip on her bare back. After
about five lashes, she thankfully passed out..

-----------

She stirred and tried to open her eyes. It was useless. The blindfold was still firmly
in place and any kind of movement just brought more pain. Her arms were shackled to the
wall and her legs were tied together with rope. She was propped up against the wall, a
very slimy cold wall, and she wasn?t sure how long she?d been out.

The last thing she remembered was laying down for a nap after talking with Willow. Next
thing she knew, she was in this same position and her muscles protested the slightest bit
of movement. She moved her fingers a little and gave a sigh of relief to find that the
ring was still firmly in place.

Over the course of what she thought was four or five hours, Angelus had come to visit her
three times. She twitched remembering the things he?d said to her. . .the way he tortured
her. She huffed in the darkness. <I asked for it. I did tell him to come back to me.>
She licked her lips and tasted the dried blood. <Ugh, gross.> Finally, she realized that
the situation was hopeless. He bindings were too tight and even now, she could feel the
blood oozing from the cuts on her arms from the shackles. There was nothing left to do
but wait.

------------

Willow and Richard walked through the tunnels in silence. The map was clearly marked and
if it was correct, they were right next to the cell that held Cordelia.

?Richard, we have to find a way in. There has to be a manhole, or a grating or
something.? After feeling around in the sludge for a few moments, Willow?s had ran across
a latch. ?Ah ha! Here we go.?

Richard bent down and began to unscrew the grating. Cautiously, Willow peered in and
found that they were about 2 feet off the ground. Directly in her line of vision was
Cordelia?s badly beaten form, shackled to the wall.

Silently, she shimmied in and dropped down to the floor. She crept over to Cordelia and
put her hand across her mouth. ?Shh. . .it?s me, Willow. We?re gonna get you out of
here, Cordy. Just don?t say ANYTHING.?

Her hand was met with a meek nod of acknowledgement.

------------

The demon burst through the door and found Angelus laying on the bed. ?Sir, the alarm.?

He got to his feet ad stretched. ?Good.? He winced a little from the pain of his earlier
encounter with Cordelia. Slapping his hands together, he shifted into game-face. ?It?s
show time!?

-----------

Willow had a tough time getting the shackles off and finally resorted to magic. Once they
were off, she removed the blindfold and the ropes from her legs. She pressed both hands
to Cordelia?s temples and a blue-green light emitted from them.

The warmth from Willow?s hands stretched to all parts of Cordelia?s body. When she could
finally open her eyes without pain, she looked up at Willow.

Her eyes were closed and beads of sweat were beginning to appear on her forehead. Her
mouth scrunched up in concentration and she began to falter, only to be snapped out of it
by Cordelia grabbing her.

?Will, stop! You?re gonna kill yourself trying to fix me.?

?Willow?s eyes opened wide. ?Cordy, I told you to be quiet.? She shook her head and
heard footsteps approaching from the hallway beyond the door. ?Come on. . quick!? She
grabbed her hand and rushed over to the opening.

Richard was smiling at them through the now replaced grate. ?Sorry, ladies. Slight
change in plans.? He secured the final bolt.

Willow couldn?t believe her eyes. ?Richard, what are you doing?!? The words formed, but
as she got them out, she knew full well what was happening.

Before their eyes, he shifted into demon form. His eyes turned a haunting blue, his skin
a deep green. . .and as his clothes fell from his now muscular body, a breastplate and
helmet appeared. . .as did a black collar around his neck. ?Surprise.? An evil grin
formed across his face.

Willow shook her head. ?No. . .it can?t be. . . .Richard, you bastard!? She lunged at
him and shook the grating.

He stepped back and laughed. ??Now is that anyway to treat your lover? Hmm? You still
have a chance you know. . .agree to be a good little witch and next time I pry apart your
dimpled knees I?ll be more gentle.? He tilted his head and frowned at her.

The lock on the cell door squeaked and Angelus appeared. ?Well, well, well. . .now what
do we have here?? He waltzed over to Cordelia and grabbed her by the arm. ?Leaving so
soon? . . and after I?ve been such a gracious host?? He smiled at her and leaned in so
they were a breath away. ?I see you?ve brought me dinner.? He motioned to Willow. ?How
kind.?

He waved his hand and two demons grabbed Willow and put black shackles on her. She was
still dumbfounded by Richards? appearance in demon form that she didn?t even struggle.

Angelus threw Cordelia to the ground and took Willow?s face in his hand. ?Don?t even
bother with your hocus pocus.? He grabbed the chain between the shackles on her wrists
and pulled them up violently. ?They?re magic. You?re powerless as long as you have them
on.? With his other hand he grabbed a fistful of red hair. ?Back to normal, little one.
. .the old pathetic, scrawny little wanna be witch you?ve always been. Where?s your
little slayer now? Huh?? He walked a pace away and waved his hand in the air. ?Get them
out of here. . .just the sight of them makes me sick.?

He turned his attention to the grating in the wall. ?Well? What the hell took you so
long? I expected you hours ago.?

The demon smiled apologetically. ?Took a wrong turn and had to double back. Demons
aren?t notorious for their sense of direction you know.? He snarled and changed his
demeanor entirely. ?And I?ve warned you about taking that tone with me, Angelus.?

Angelus nodded. ?Sorry boss. . .and the others??

?On their way as we speak.?

---------------

They walked down a corridor and opened the cell door. They stood in the room where
Angelus stood only moments before.

Giles shook his head. ?Something?s wrong. She?s not here and there aren?t any demons
around.?

Quentin walked around the perimeter. ?Yes. . .something?s up. This isn?t right.?

?Way to state the obvious, guys.? She smiled. ?And you became Watchers how??

Giles took his glasses off and turned to Ethan. ?Well, any suggestions??

He wrapped his arms around himself and his gazed went around the room. ?He?s got them.
There?s no other explanation.? He began to pace around the room. ?You don?t understand
Rupert. It?s not supposed to happen now. . .the end of the world I mean.? He stopped and
laughed to himself.

Giles walked over to him and grabbed him by the shoulders. ?What the hell are you
babbling about??

He looked at him with fear in his eyes and spoke to no one in particular. ?I can?t
believe he pulled it off. . .the bastard?s got balls, I?ll give him that. . .the blood of
the Immortal Watcher?

?Richard is with her. He won?t let anything happen to her. He?d die first!? Giles was
shaking him with every syllable.

Ethan ignored him and continued to stammer ?. . . .their reproduction time will increase
ten-fold. . .There?s no way to stop him now without getting them both killed.? He
wretched away from Giles? grasp and pounded his fist against the wall. ?Don?t you see,
Rupert! It was Richard. . .or should I say the rogue Mohra demon. It?s not Richard at
all. . .there?s never been a Richard.? He began to laugh uncontrollably and put his hand
against the wall to keep from toppling over. ?Watcher?s Council? Ha!! More of a demon
council if you ask me!?

Buffy rushed him and landed a round-house kick to the side of his face. ?You knew! You
knew and you didn?t tell us?!?

He continued to laugh unfazed. ?I didn?t think he?d be able to do it. . I didn?t think
he?d pull it off.?

Giles pulled out the tranquilizer gun and shot him. Before drifting into unconsciousness
he muttered something. ?Male first. . .then. . female. . .destroy them. . .destroy.? He
slumped over.

Giles? gaze turned to Quentin. ?And you. . .how much of this were you aware of?? He was
reloading the gun as he spoke.

Quentin put his hands up in defeat. ?None of it, Rupert. I swear.? He shook his head,
still unable to grasp what just happened. ?Had I known, I never would have.? The
sentence was cut off by another round leaving the gun.

Giles inhaled and exhaled deeply. He looked over to Buffy. ?I should have known better
than to trust the Council again.?

She absentmindedly nodded her head and looked up at him. She shouldered her bag and
grabbed Ethan?s. ?Come on. If this map is right then I have a plan.?

?And if it?s not??

She shrugged. ?We get another plan.?

He followed her out and threw the lock in place behind them.

-----------------

She was blindfolded and pushed into a chair. The air was thick with the stench of death,
the smell of blood. Willow tried to get up, but a strong hand reached down and put her
back into her place.

?Not yet, little one. ?Angel breathed into her ear. ?You?ll know when the time is
right.?

She gasped at the familiarity of his voice. ?Angel?? She whispered.

?Yes, little one. No time to explain.? He walked away for a moment then came back and
crouched down next to her. ?Cordy?s out cold. Spike is around . . .trust him, he won?t
steer you wrong.? He reached over and pulled the blindfold up a little bit. ?Just follow
my lead and you?ll be fine.? He kissed her cheek quickly. ?I have to run. Remember
this: Male then female. . .not the other way around. . .it?s the only way. Good luck.?

--------------

Buffy and Giles crouched low to the ground. Both of their gazes took in the room
completely. Buffy whispered over to him. ?We doubled back because they?re expecting us
from over there.? She pointed to the opposite end of the room where some demons were
converging. ?If we stay here long enough and bide out time, there?ll be an opening. .
.I?m sure of it.?

<This is going to be the longest night of my life.> ?I hope you?re right.?

<I hope so too.> She pointed to the other side of the room. ?There, that?s the female,
I?m sure of it. Look behind her, the tube. . .it goes right through the ground.?

?Looks like my lessons on observance weren?t totally lost on you.? He smiled despite the
grimness of the situation.

?Hey, I listen. I?m a very good listener.? She jabbed at him for effect.

-----------------

He looked around then turned to Angelus. ?The natives are restless.?

He nodded his head. ?They know it?s time. They can smell it.? He vamped and sniffed the
air. ?So can I.?

?The time draws near. Prepare her and bring her to me.?

He bowed his head and walked out the door.

Richard got the attention of all the creatures in the room. ?The time draws near! Soon
our oppression will end and a new reign of terror will begin. I stand before you now a
new man prepared to take the burden and carry us all into a new future. A future where we
rule the world, where our race is bowed down to, where our race is respected and admired
for breaking new ground. . . .?

Cheers erupted from the masses. Buffy looked over at Giles. ?He?s got to be kidding??

A thought dawned on him. ?I?m afraid not. Buffy, if I understand him correctly . . .he?s
not looking to end the world, he wants to conquer it. Populate it with this mixed breed
of demon. It?s the human weakness. . .studies have been done, but no scientist has been
able to . . ?

?Giles. . the short and the quick of it, please.? She motioned to the room. ?Impending
death here. . .no time for a science lesson.?

?Yes. It?s . . the perfect human. Or, non human in this case. This is brilliant!
Humans couldn?t make the perfect human so a demon is undertaking the task!?

She shook her head. ?I fear you. The strangest things get you all worked up.?

?I think the whole ?end of the world? thing was only a rouse used to throw us off track.?

?Gee, ya think??

----------------

She heard the door creak and saw Angel walk up to her. He pulled the blindfold down.
?Show time, little one. You ready??

?Willow, no, it?s a trick! He?s not Angel, he?s Angelus. . .don?t fall for it, don?t fall
for it!?

Cordelia?s screaming sent him running over to put his hand across her mouth. ?Cordy,
shh. They?ll hear you.?

He pulled the blindfold off and she looked disbelievingly at him then looked to Willow for
reassurance.

She nodded her head. ?It?s him, Cordy. Angel?s back. . .don?t be afraid.?

Her gazed went back to him as he removed his hand. His words to her were barely a
whisper. ?It?s me, princess. . .and as much as I?d love to start groveling for your
forgiveness right now, we have some demons to stop.?

She finally grasped what was happening. ?Angel? It?s you??

He leaned in and kissed her gently, lovingly. Before he pulled away, he nipped at her
lip.

?Oww. . .yeah, it?s you.? She raised her hands. ?Mind undoing these things??

He laughed and stood up. ?Not right now. Soon.? He turned to Willow. ?He?s ready for
you. You?ll both find a catch at the base of the cuffs. All you have to do is flick it
with your finger and you?re free.? He turned around and walked towards the door. ?When
we walk in, look up and to your left. You?ll see Buffy and Giles huddled in the corner
there, ready for the signal. I?m surprised he hasn?t spotted them yet, but then again,
demons are notoriously too trusting of their charges. Oh, and by the way. . they?re not
magic, little one. . .you could have done your little hocus pocus thing at any time.?

She furrowed her brow. ?You! Wait till this is over. I?m gonna, I?ll. . .I?ll do
something really mean to you!?

He laughed a bit then straightened up and opened the door. ?Cordy, Spike?s lurking around
here somewhere. . .trust him, he?s on our side. As for you, little one. . .try to look
like you fear me. . . for all our sakes.? She nodded at him. He changed into game-face
and bellowed through the corridor. ?Guards! Guards!?

Two Mohra demons appeared in the doorway.

?Take her to the chamber. Our master is ready for her. As for the other one.? He
reached down and took a handful of brunette hair in his hands. ?Be sure she gets a prime
seat. . . we wouldn?t want her to miss the show.? He winked at her then let go.

----------------------

Willow was led into a bedchamber. There were torches on the walls throwing an eerie glow
over everything.

The guard pushed her to the bed. ?Change. The master awaits.?

She glanced over the clothing and huffed. ?You?ve got to be kidding me. I?m not putting
THIS on!? She turned away defiantly.

He grabbed her arm and tuned her around violently. ?Do it or I?ll do it for you, my
Queen.?

Her eyes went wide. ?Wha??

He was sent into a wall by a size 13 planted firmly in his back. ?Fool! You dare speak
to her that way?!?

The demon cowered in the corner. ?Sir, I?m sorry sir . . .please spare me.?

He reached down and grabbed the demon and threw him half way out of the room. ?Be gone
with you! I?ll take it from here. At least I know how to treat a lady!?

The demon scrambled to his feet and ran away.

She heaved a sigh of relief. ?Spike.?

He smiled at her. ?In the flesh. Come on, luv. You have to change or they?ll be in
here. I don?t know how long it?ll take for that one to grow a pair and run to his
commanding officer.?

She shook her head and grabbed the clothing off the bed. ?I am NOT putting this on. No
way.?

He chuckled at the look of horror on her face. ?You don?t have a choice here, ducks.
Come on.?

She deferred. ?Fine. This better be worth it. If I have to get into this, you?d better
have something up your sleeve to get us out of here.?

?We?ll get out. I promise.?

?Fine. . . now turn around so I can change, and you can start telling me what?s going on
by explaining that queen comment from the little green guy earlier. What?s going on,
Spike??

?You?re a smart girl, I?m surprised you haven?t figured it out yet. Demon domination is
the name of the game, luv. . .not world destruction. From what Angel and I have surmised,
he?s perfected this test-tube race of demon and plans on populating the world with it.
Brave New World and all that. The only thing that?s missing is immortality.? He sighed
and rubbed his temples. ?He needs the mother to be immortal in order for the offspring to
achieve immortality. With the blood of an immortal running through their veins, they?ll
be unstoppable.?

?Let me guess. . .I?m the immortal and my ability to reproduce is cut in half when mixed
with a demon. You can turn around now.?

?Yes, I always knew you were a smart. . ? The sentence was cut off when he caught sight
of her. His eyes went wide like a deer caught in headlights and if his jaw could hit the
floor in the manner of a cartoon, it would have. ?I, um. . .Red you?re uh.?

She gave him a look of caution. ?Don?t say it, Spike?

?You look like . . .?

?Spike. . .don?t say?

?Princess Leah in that Jabba slave get up!?

She sighed. ?I asked you not to say it.? She became hyper aware of a draft and tried to
cover up. ?Ugh, I hate this. . . I?m cold.? She pouted.

He shook his head a little too eagerly. ?Yes, I can see that.? A smile played across his
lips. She waved her hand and that?s the last thing he saw. ?Hey. . I can?t see!? He
tried rubbing his eyes but it was no use.

?You promise not to gawk??

?Aw, come on Red. . .I promise to be good. You made me blind . . .Undo it! Undo it!? He
was stomping his feet like a two year old having a tantrum.

She waved her hand again. ?No gawking.?

?Fine, fine.? He grumbled. ?Remind me to stay on your good side, oh Immortal One.? He
offered his arm and she linked it with her own. ?It?s show time. You ready?? He looked
down at her with concern as he put the black shackles on her wrists again. ?You know how
to work these, don?t you??

She nodded. ?Angel told me. I?m as ready as I?ll ever be.?

-----------------

--
Visit Me!! http://go.to/KimsCorner
****************
Willow: It's horrible! That's me as a vampire? I'm so evil and... skanky. (aside to
Buffy, worried) And I think I'm kinda gay.
Buffy: Willow, just remember, a vampire's personality has nothing to do with the person
it was.
Angel: Well, actually... (gets a look from Buffy) uh, That's a good point.
****************
Joss: Sure Willow is bi! And she's getting it on with a man! To all you fanboys out there:
Damn, I am an *evil bastard* ain't I?
****************
Willow to Riley - Funny is good, but don't be glib. And remember, if you hurt her, I will
beat you to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun.
Riley: so far, well, the only thing that I know she likes is you.
Willow: It's a good fight, Buffy, and I want in.
Buffy: I kinda love you.
Buffy: This thing . . .it scares me. I need my Willow.
Willow: Awww.