FF; Willow Rosenburg, CIA Chapter 3

Thanks scr3amer!

Title: Willow Rosenberg CIA
Rating NC 17
Disclaimer: All BTVS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Like I have money.
the CIA. Buffy is not happy about it.
Warning: Love and sex between two women, don't like it don't read it. And
no peeking if you are under 18. Yes, this means you there with the red
dress and high heels. I am watching.
Note: In my world Doyle never died.

Willow Rosenberg CIA

Chapter Three: Organizing Your Desk or Life

The autopsies had gone well. Three soldier's toxes had at first shown
nothing but Willow did the test again on the brain stem and there she
found a chemical taken from blowfish. Her colleagues were impressed, which
Willow thought was a good thing.
Damn, she was sore and sitting just made it worse but on the whole
Willow was happy with the memories the soreness brought to her. In the
afternoon, Willow was working on a case study when Pam walked in.
"Heard you did a great job on the autopsy. You found something the
others missed," Pam stated
"We will need to do more tests. It is far from over." Willow shifted in her
seat looking up at Pam.
"Smart and cautious." Pam smiled at Willow noticing how uncomfortable the
girl seemed.
"Is there something you need me to do?" Willow asked half afraid of the
answer.
"Yes, but first I would just like to talk to you."
<Now what> Willow thought as she squirmed in her seat only to be reminded
of yesterday's activity. She knew she was blushing.
Pam picked up the picture Willow had placed on her desk. It was a picture
of Buffy and their friends.
"Which one is your girlfriend?" Pam asked changing tactics.
Willow walked around the desk needing an excuse to stand, then she
realized it was not a good idea either. She knew Pam saw her stiffness.
Making Willow blush again. The witch just hoped Pam took the blushing as
something else. Standing beside the taller woman Willow placed a finger on
the picture pointing out Buffy.
"She is very pretty. Then again so are you." Pam had talked with director
about the best way to work with the girl. She hoped he was right about
gentle kindness working. Willow for her part, just blushed deeper.

"Who are the rest of these people." Pam continued noting the deep red
blush on the young doctor.
Relieved to have something else to do besides blush Willow began pointing
out her friends.
"That's Xander. He has been by best friend since we were 5. We grew
up together. That's his wife Amy Madison only now she is Amy Harris. This
is Oz, He's in a band. He was my first boyfriend when we were in high
school , we're still good friends. That was the girl he was dating when we
took this, only now he isn't dating her. I think her name was Shelly or
Kelly I can't remember. And that's Cordelia and Doyle. They work for a
Private eye firm in town. I went to school with Cordy. She once dated
Xander but now she lives with Doyle." Willow knew she was in babble mode
but Pam made her nervous.
"This is Mrs Summers I mean Mrs Giles. Buffy's Mom and that's Giles
Buffy' s wat-...stepdad.<Must be more careful> Willow chastised herself.
"And the little person all bundled up in way too many clothes is Kir.
There all friends from Sunnydale only they don't live in Sunnydale anymore
except Buffy's Mom and Giles. I babble a lot I am sorry." With that
she put the picture back on her desk and sot shelter behind her desk.
Pam continued to stare at the photo. There was something about it but
she couldn't put her finger on what it was she was missing.
"It's nice to see you have the same friends from childhood not many
people can say that. But I get the feeling they are more like family to
you," Pam said in way of conversation, as she continued to look at the
photo.
"Yeah, they are definitely family." Willow didn't have to even think
about that. They were her family.
"I read that your own parents were killed a few years ago. I'm
sorry." Pam did not know why she brought this up, but she was happy the
girl still had people who loved her.
"Been reading my file?" Willow questioned to change the subject.
"Yes and I can't believe you haven't broken in to look at it yourself."
Pam really wasn't sure the girl hadn't but she thought she should fish.
The young doctor really did have the skill to break in.
"I've already been arrested for that once this year. I try to keep my
going to jail down to a maximum of once a decade." Willow knew Pam was
fishing but didn't feel like biting just yet. She didn't trust these
people.
"Sounds wise. If you want to look at your file, at least what I have, come
by my office and I will let you take a look. Maybe that way we can forego
jail for few years.. Anyway, right now I need you to do some internet
searching on a supernatural matter . The Vatican has placed all its
occult books on file with an encrypted system. I would like you to see if
you can open it." This was the second test of her skills, Pam knew. The
soldier's bodies had been the first and the young doctor had passed with
stunning accuracy and skill.
"I won't get in trouble for this right?" Willow asked.
"No, the last time I checked the Vatican was in Rome and you're here in
the US. Working for the FBI on business. So how long do you think it will
take you to break in, Doctor?"
"That depends on what you want, the area or library you want to look at, and
what you need to know."
Pam was stunned, the girl knew the basic structure of the Vatican computer
system. Only Pam wasn't sure why she should have this information.
"I have a list here. It is a long list. But the first thing I need is
what they have on the Ahhasha Records and the Book of Azobel.
"Then you want the Kirinov section in the Saint Innation Library right?
Willow answered automatically looking Pam in the face trying to read her
thoughts.
"If I can use my computer it will only take me a minute."
Pam was dumb founded. She had 7 of the FBI's best people working on
breaking into the Vatican's system, none had come close. In fact the man who
had gotten the farthest had told her just yesterday that the main problem
was that you had to know what section or library something was in to even
begin to decrypt it enough to break in and find it. The most Pam was hoping
for was a list of libraries and sections. Still, she thought, the girl was
too
quick with her statement. A minute. She must be kidding.
Willow's file had indicated she was very good at decrypting computer
systems and a fairly good Doctor of Pathology. But she was still a small
town girl. She still had the same friends from high school. She had lived
her whole life in a 100 mile radius. So the question Pam was asking
herself was why a kid like that would have a need for this kind of
knowledge. Pam had seen many hackers over the years with the FBI. Most
were just out for thrills. Breaking into unbreakable systems. Most of them
eventually went too far and were caught. Many leaving virus or taking money
to prove they had conquered the cyber equivalent of Mount Everest. Willow
just
didn't fit the profile. For starters she had not gone into a computer field.
She was a pathologist with a heavy chemical background. Secondly, she never
left
a calling card, she never took a dime. She just read files and closed them.
This was the part that made her hair stand on end. It was the profile
of a spy. She had seen CIA people with this behaviour. The decrypting was a
job.
A way of gaining information. Yet the file she was given had large gaps in
it.
Willow had turned around and was in her chair facing one of the two
computers in her office. She had it on and was typing code in at an
amazing speed. In about 3 minutes she turned around to Pam and said. "Ok
I'm in. What do you want me to get for you? Oh, you realize that anything
the Vatican has will be, at the least, be in Latin, if not Hebrew or some
other
dead language. They are not big on translations." Willow said as she
waited for her boss to instruct her further.
Pam blinked turning her thoughts back to the here and now.
"You can't possibly be in all ready. You couldn't get in that fast. It has
a complicated encryption system!" Pam was trying to shake herself. She
knew something big was going on.
"Uh, not to argue with you but the Vatican's system isn't really
complicated at all. It mostly just uses the whole you-have-to-know-where-
something-is-to-find-it method. But beyond that you just have to push the
right buttons. That and read Latin," Willow stated wondering if this had
been
a mistake.
"Show me. Show me how to get in". Pam answered in disbelief.
"Ok, I will reboot and show you."
After getting the system up. Willow put the internet address in from
memory. She wrote it down for Pam and entered the Vatican research site.
Then
she brought up the directory system. It was in Latin. Willow picked the
one that said, in Latin, Archives. A password was asked for. Willow typed
in "The lord is my shepherd" in English.
"It doesn't matter what language you type it in as long as it is the
first line in Psalm 23." Then she instead of hitting Enter she brought
the arrow to a midpoint in screen. Pam noticed that the page was a blue
pattern with repeating Greek script.
"Instead of enter hit the Greek letters that say 23rd." Willow explained
This brought up another directory. She picked the Saint Innation
Library then she repeated the same process as before only typing in the
second line and again picking 23 out of Hebrew letters. Repeating the
process once more, she picked the Kirinov section, used the 3 line of the
psalm, and clicked on 23rd in Latin.
"It is always the same. First directory is the first line, the second uses
the second and so on. The trick is to know where something is. You have to
pick
the right library or section. Those are very random. It is the random
layout they rely on. Other then that it is designed for priests to do
research anywhere in the world in their native language. If the lords prayer
doesn't work then try the sermon on the mound. In some weird places they
use the message from Gabriel to Mary or the Alpha and Omega line from
Revelations or the Old testament list of names for Christ. You know; He will
be
called wonderful, et cetera, et cetera. The lines usually have something to
do with the section in some way. But mostly it's just the lord's prayer."
Willow explained
barely looking up from the screen.

The red headed hacker reached for a few discs in a draw. She stuck a
disc in the machine then opened the Akkasha record and began downloading
it. A few discs later she began the Book of Azbobel.
Pam could not believe that it was that simple. "I have had people working
on this for months. I can't believe it was that simple," She stated not
even stopping to consider what she was saying
"Well to be honest it took me about 3 months to break the system the first
time."
"When did you do that."
"When I was in high school."
"How old were you?" Pam's mind was really half in fear and half in awe.
"I must have been about 17. No wait I must have been 16 because it was
right after the master died but before Angel went bad." <Tell her every
thing Will, you have watch what I say.> Willow scolded herself.
"What? "
"Nothing- I was 16. I guess I have been doing this for a while." Willow
was going to have to watch herself. When she was nervous she babbled and
it might get her into trouble here. Or rather, into more trouble.
"Tomorrow I want you to show the others how to get into the Vatican
system and then finish work with Dr. Cramer on the tox and autopsy of the
soldiers."
"Yes Dr. Nichols". Willow was glad when Pam left. Plus she really
wanted to stand up and move to a position that was more comfortable.

Pam went directly to her office. She went back through the personnel
records. At first it seemed complete. It had records of her activities from
her last year in junior high through graduating from Medical school. She
was arrested two weeks after her residency was completed.
Details about her known associates namely one Xander Harris. Owner of a
string of used car lots. And her lover. One Buffy Anne Summers, with no
constant means of employment. Some temporary secretarial work, as an aerobic
and
martial arts instructor, a bouncer, and private eye work. Kind of a Jack of
all trades.
Then it struck Pam what was wrong with her records. They were in a way too
perfect, too complete. Why would the FBI under the guise of the CIA have
tabs on
an average 15 year old? Why track her friends?
There was something she wasn't seeing and she knew it. And these records
were
missing details. They listed the systems she had broken into but not the
reason. And if they had known she was breaking in to major systems why not
arrest when she was still in high school? Why wait until she got out of
med school?
Pam put down the file and wandered into Willow's office. Pam had seen the
red head leave earlier. Pam walked around the office and examined it. Neat
and ordered was the only impression she got from the office. But the girl
had only worked there two days. As Pam looked around her eyes fell on the
picture of Willow's 'family'. Picking it up, she looked deep into the
photographic eyes looking for answers. There was something familiar about
the
photo, she was missing something and she knew it. <But what, and how do I
find
out?> Pam asked herself. She had tried pulling up information on Willow
out of the criminal database, but it only repeated what she already had.
Then it
hit her. She hadn't looked up Willow's friend's files. Maybe she could find
the answers there.
Pam returned to her office and opened the FBI database. She typed in
Buffy Summers. After narrowing down the matches she found the matching
photo of Willow's lover. And there she stopped.
"No wonder Bob wanted her to move out."
Ms. Summers had been questioned hundreds of times for things relating to
arson, murder, assault...beginning at age 15. She had been placed on
probation and expelled from Hemry High in LA for burning down the gym
twice. A search warrant was issued for her arrest at age 17 for the murder
of a young foreign national.
At age 18 she was identified by two policemen as one of two girls in a gang
called the Slayers. The two girls had been caught red handed in a sporting
goods store. Cameras had caught their pictures as well as the police squad
car's internal camera. These same two girls busted out of the patrol car
causing it to crash and the officers to suffer mild concussions.
The mayor of Sunnydale himself had made the department drop any arrest or
interrogations. It was also believed that later that same night these two
girls killed the deputy mayor with some kind of wooden weapon.
>From there her record led to almost 50 arrests for violent acts, but not
one
conviction. In every single case the charges were dropped. More often than
not they were dropped for lack of evidence or from an outside party's
influence.
There were other things as well. Ms. Summers had no history of haemophilia
or any other blood disease yet she had received over 27 blood
transfusions. She had been admitted to the hospital dozens of times for
broken bones, fractures and blood loss, yet in every case she recovered
quickly.
Pam looked closely at both the crimes and the injuries. Willow's lover
was mixed up in the occult all right.
The photos of her neck wounds, or "neck ruptures" as they were called,
were consistent with Vampire bites. She had seen tons of evidence of
Vampires. The crime scenes where she was arrested were littered with occult
items.
The question Pam had to ask was: Is Willow involved and how deep? Pam
figured the best was to find out was to ask the girl. Pam left for
personnel to look up the address.
Willow got home in time to hear Xander and Buffy arguing in the
house. <This is not good.>
"Yeah and look what you have done to Willow! You've ruined her life!
Buffy, you are so selfish..can't you think of some one else beside
yourself?"
Xander said angrily
Willow slammed the door. "Can you Xander? I wouldn't be alive if it
weren't for Buffy and neither would you or your kids. And while we are at
it, I wouldn't want to live without Buffy."
Xander just hung his head, while Buffy smiled, until Willow reach the couch
and flopped down, wincing as she remember her sore bottom. Then Buffy hung
her head as well.
"Ok everyone have a seat and Buffy that means you had better sit next to
me and be nice.
Buffy used Slayer speed to land next to her lover. Giving her a soft kiss
hello before turning to Xander.
"Sorry my mouth has never been my best ally." Xander said making eye
contact with Buffy.
"Mine either and I said things just as bad, only Willow, thankfully, didn't
hear them, else I would be on the coach with you tonight."
"I take it Amy kicked you out again," Willow concluded.
"Yes," Xander sighed.
"What was it this time" Willow said switching to psycho-analyst mode.
Amy threw Xander out of the house about once every 6 months. Amy
loved Xander and Xander loved Amy and the kids. They had 3 all under 6. It
was just that neither one of them had good role models growing up so they
didn't know how to do things without arguing. <At least Amy didn't turn
him into a rat.> Willow thought. Then another thought hit her. <I hope this
isn't about Anya...>
Anya still loved Xander and being the nice guy that he was, he often would
go over and try to help her. Anya needed a lot of help. Willow and Buffy
had also been called to help. But in Anya's defence she had only been
human for about 11 years and she was a demon for over a 1000. It wasn't
easy for her. She really did try to be a good human. Even as a demon she
wasn't that bad as demons go. But Amy was a jealous person and Xander was
not always in control of his own heart. Amy still got jealous over Willow
who she really liked. Even after Amy was sure Willow had joined the
Sapphic, she had twinges of jealousy.
"Ok, what happened?" Willow asked.
"It was all Larry's fault."
"Larry who?" Buffy asked.
"You know, gay Larry from high school Larry."
"Oh, Larry who lives with Scott Hope, right."
"That's the guy, good old Larry." Xander sang out in a sarcastic tune.
"Still lost," Buffy added. "Explain."
"Ok, so I sign up little Xan Jr. for tee ball, only after I sign him up
I find out that Larry was going to be the coach. And I didn't really
want Xan exposed to Larry, so I asked for him to be put
on another team. Well, when Amy found out about what I did..."
"That doesn't sound like Amy at all," mused Willow, still in Freud mode.
"It doesn't, " Buffy added sternly looking at Xander.
"And you came here for a shoulder to cry on. Xander you really need to
think before do things sometimes," Buffy added harshly as she took Willow's
hand.
Xander, only now realizing what he had done, felt truly ashamed.
"It's just that I don't think of you guys like that."
"Like what?" Buffy said defensively, ready to start battling with Xander
again.
"Enough, both of you I am not in the mood." Willow said rubbing her temples.

Xander and Buffy sat perfectly still and no one talked. Then Xander said
sheepishly, "Maybe I should go."
"Xander sit down, we fight but we are family. Here is were you should be."
Willow said.
"Yeah you are definitely family," Buffy said leaning over to kiss Xander
on the check. "I'm going for pizza, I'll be back in a little while."
Willow just tossed Buffy her wallet and keys.
The Witch knew perfectly well the pizza place delivered, she also knew
Buffy was on her way to pick Amy and the kids up. <We should
have become marriage counselors.> Willow thought.
Thirty minutes later Buffy, four pizzas three kids and one witch heavier,
made
it home.
Buffy and Willow fed the kids in the backyard while Amy and Xander talked
in the house. Later Buffy and Amy took the kids to the car and Xander and
Willow hugged on the porch.

Carol Clarke
Words for the week-
"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority"

Warning I am not use to kindness, I my wig when it is directed my way.

I have an elsewhere to be, so tell me in ten words or less.