FIC: "See Me Loving You"

Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy The Vampire Slayer are owned by Joss. I just borrowed them and returned them more relaxed than before. ;) If you are under 18 don't read this. If you are offended by two women being in love and showing it then don't read. (It is not all that graphic.)
Warning: This is what you get when you mix, one depressed/Horny lesbian, the song Iris playing almost every hour. And a whole lot of caffeine. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. ;)

"See Me Loving You"

By: J Eckardt

Chapter One

"And I don't want the world to see me,

Because I just don't think that they'd understand,

When everything is meant to be broken,

I just want you to know who I am."

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

Willow sighs and sits back from the book she was researching in and looks around. 'Ever since Buffy left we have all been working three times as hard to defeat the evil on the hell mouth. I never knew she had so much stress.' Willow thinks. She sees 'Xander passed out with his head on the table. Cordelia is bobbing her head every few seconds, fighting sleep. Giles is in his office with the door open and he is mumbling while writing something down. Willow stands and stretches. She then walks over to the door of the office.

"Giles I think that all of us should go home. 'Xander is already passed out and Cordelia is on the way to being also. In a few more minutes so will I. I know you must be more tired that we are since you have been doing more work than us." Willow says. Giles looks up.

"You are quite right. There is no danger coming for a while. We might as well go home and rest up." Giles says and stands. Getting his coat and keys. He turns off the office light and wakes up 'Xander. Cordelia and 'Xander leave for the car and then home. Willow helps Giles clean up then turns to leave.

"Do you need a ride home?" Asks Giles. Willow turns around.

"No, I think it is to close to dawn, so there shouldn't be too much danger." Answers Willow. Giles nods and Willow turns back around and walks out of the library and out of the school.

'Why didn't I take that ride?' Willow thinks as she speeds up her walking pace. She can feel someone following her. Half way home Willow gets fed up with the mysterious follower and turns around.

"If you're going to kill me do it already. I am too tired to deal with being followed." Willow says and stands still awaiting some sort of answer. She then sighs and turns back around. She starts walking again. The follower continues with her. Suddenly Willow breaks into a dead run. She dodges into a bush and then turns around and jumps out. Tackling her follower and pinning its hands above it's head while straddling its waist.

"I'll stake you quicker than you could move, so don't." Willow says tiredly.

"Uh, Willow that would be something you might be very guilty about if you did." Says the follower. Willow hears the follower's voice. 'Buffy?' Willow thinks.

"Buffy?" Willow says.

"Yep. That's me." Answers Buffy. Willow releases Buffy's hands and smiles. She then lets Buffy up and hugs her fiercely. "Whoa, Willow. I guess you missed me. But I need air." Buffy says with humor in her voice.

"Buffy don't you ever disappear on me.... us... again." Willow says releasing Buffy from the hug.

"I am not back yet. At least not to the others until Monday." Buffy says. Willow nods.

"Sorry about tackling you. But you were following me and when I gave a opening to come out, you didn't." Willow says.

"It's ok. But how did you learn how to do that?" Asks Buffy. Willow grabs Buffy's hand and starts walking again.

"Giles. He has been teaching us things to help protect us while we protect Sunnydale. The four of us have been doing everything you were, plus researching the dangers." Willow answers. Buffy looks at her and sees that she is serious.

"Really? But only four? What about.."

"Oz? He dropped out of school and moved to LA with his band so they could make it 'big'. I refused to go with him so he dropped me too." Willow interrupts Buffy. "I'm not sorry though. I don't have to live a lie anymore. Oz and I looked like a great couple, but we weren't. I didn't love him and he didn't love me. We just used each other to have the look of being normal." Willow finishes.

"Oh, Willow. I am sorry. You deserve better than pretend." Buffy says.

"Yeah, I know. But the person that I want to quit pretending with doesn't notice me. Well, most of the time the person doesn't notice me." Willow says.

"I am sure that some day 'Xander will notice." Buffy says.

"It's not 'Xander. It hasn't been him for a while. I pretended to love him as more than a friend for the appearance of being normal." Willow says and Buffy looks at her shocked into silence. They walk the rest of the way to Willow's in silence.

"Where are you staying?" Willow asks.

"Over at Angel's old apartment." Buffy answers.

"Well, could I spend the night with you tonight?" Asks Willow.

"Sure, but what are you going to tell your parents?" Asks Buffy.

"I'll tell them I am at Cordelia's. She and I use that excuse all the time now for when we have to go to Giles's for research or when we have to fight evil. My parents don't call there. They know Cordelia well enough." Willow answers.

"Ok, cool." Buffy says. Willow hugs Buffy again and holds on for a little to long before letting go.

"Bye Buffy. I'll meet you in the park around two or three." Willow says. And opens her glass door and walks into her room, she turns around and smiles at Buffy. The dawning sun is coming up behind Buffy, framing her face in a golden glow.

"Laters Willow. Yeah, see you then." Buffy says before turning and walking away from the door. Willow closes it and then undresses for bed quickly. She then lays down and is quickly asleep.

Willow wakes up around one o'clock in the afternoon and sits up. 'Was it all a dream? Well, one way to find out. Go and meet her.' Willow thinks as she gets up and dresses. She then packs a backpack with an extra set of clothes, pajamas, and a couple of movies. She gets some of the money she has been saving so she can buy munchies on the way to the park. She brushes her hair and goes downstairs with her bag. There is a note on the fridge.

'Willow,

Your father and I have gone on a business trip. We won't be back until Monday night. Sorry we couldn't be here this weekend. But we promise a fun filled weekend next week.

Sincerely,

Mom & Dad'

'Guess there is no need to say that I am over at Cordelia's.' Willow sighs and fixes something quick to eat before leaving for the park. Willow stops at a seven-eleven on the way and picks up two two-liters of soda, a couple bags of chips, some cookies, candy bars, and four lunchables for lunch and dinner for herself and Buffy. She then hurriedly pays for the items and rushes to the park. She sits in a place that is obvious. Soon she sees a person walking towards her in a hooded jacket, the hood pulled up. As the person gets closer she can see it is Buffy. Willow stands and follows Buffy out of the park and towards the Bronze. About a block from the Bronze Buffy turns down an alley and stops at a staircase. She pulls the hood back and smiles at Willow.

"I am glad you came at two instead of three. This jacket is hot." Buffy says. Willow joins her at the staircase.

"Well I found a note from my parents. They are out of town, again, this weekend. So I didn't have to talk to them before leaving. They won't be back until Monday night." Willow says. Buffy walks down the staircase and unlocks the door with the key Angel gave her sometime ago. Willow follows her in and goes to the kitchen to put the lunchables, and soda in the fridge.

"What is all that?" Asks Buffy.

"It's just some munchies for today and later." Answers Willow. Willow walks over to her bag. "I also brought our favorite movies. Legend, and Princess Bride." She finishes.

"Cool. I wish Angel had a TV or VCR. He has mostly board games, and cards. He does have a stereo though." Buffy says.

"Oh, we can watch these at my house sometime next week. How about we listen to some music and play a game." Willow suggests. Buffy nods and gets out Monopoly.

After three rounds of Monopoly, two of which Willow won. And tons of songs later Buffy's stomach growls. Willow giggles.

"I guess your hungry." Willow says.

"I guess." Buffy says sheepishly. Willow gets up and takes out two lunchables. Handing one to Buffy she sits down. The two eat in silence for a while.

"Buffy do you want to dance for awhile after we eat?" Willow asks.

"Sure Will." Buffy answers. They finish eating, clean up the trash and put away the game. Buffy turns up the music and looks at Willow. Willow smiles nervously and walks to the center of the living room. Buffy walks closer and they start dancing to the fast beat music. After three fast songs, "2 become 1" by the Spice Girls comes on the radio. Buffy looks at Willow uncertainly. Willow starts dancing slowly, her eyes are closed. As Buffy watches Willow dances more seductively. Buffy starts dancing with Willow and then slowly wraps her arms around Willow's waist. That jars Willow out of her dancing and she opens her eyes. Looking up into Buffy's eyes Willow starts dancing again. The music stops. They stop dancing, Buffy's arms still around Willow's waist, eyes locked. Finally Willow blinks and realizes what is happening.

"Oh, god. I..I..." Willow stutters stops and starts to back up from Buffy.

"Oh, no you don't Willow Rosenberg. You are going to tell me how long, and why you didn't say anything to me about it." Buffy says and walks them both over to the couch. Sitting them down on the couch, and pulling Willow onto her lap.

"W...Well, You moved to Sunnydale and I met you. Since then I have been attracted to you. I...I've.... I've been aware that I was in love with you since you almost died in the Master's lair... I hid it because...y..y..You had Angel. Why would you want me if you had him? So I made you and everyone else believe that I was in love with 'Xander, then Oz. The truth is that Oz caught me watching you one day. He pulled me aside and got the whole story. You see Oz..is..gay. And so am I." Willow finishes and looks anywhere but at Buffy. Buffy catches Willow's chin and raises her eyes to look into her own. She leans down and gently caresses her lips across Willow's.

Chapter Two

" 'Cause even when I dream of you,

the sweetest dream will never do."

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith

Willow shivers as Buffy's lips caress across her own. She slides her hands up to the base of Buffy's neck and slides her fingers into Buffy's hair, holding Buffy's head still as she proceeds to deepen the kiss. Willow nips Buffy's lower lip and as Buffy opens her mouth she slides her tongue in. Finding Buffy's tongue she slides her own across it. Buffy moans softly into Willow's mouth. Willow slides her hand up under Buffy's shirt and cups one of her bra-covered breasts. Thumbing the erect nipple through the bra Willow breaks the kiss and places small kisses down Buffy's jaw to her earlobe and throat. Willow nips her earlobe then tugs on it with her lips. Buffy moans and arches into Willow. Willow brings Buffy's shirt up slowly, then off. She tosses it across the room and proceeds to undo Buffy's bra. She kisses Buffy's shoulder as she slides the strap down. Willow is throwing the bra across the room when Buffy growls low in her throat and pins her back against the couch. Buffy kisses her passionately and starts unbuttoning her shirt. Buffy kisses down to her neck biting down gently she licks the skin between her teeth. Willow moans loudly and arches against her. Buffy stays there for a minute then moves down to the place just above her bra. Nipping and licking Buffy teases her breasts, reaching behind she undoes Willow's bra. She reaches up and helps Willow take the shirt and bra off. Buffy leans down and takes Willow's left nipple into her mouth. Willow moans again and arches against Buffy. Buffy moves over to the right one and does the same. Buffy picks her up and carries her into the bedroom where they make passionate love to one another.

Chapter Three

The next morning Willow raises her head and smiles as she sees Buffy's sleeping next to her. She slides out of bed, gets two glasses of soda, and the other lunchables. She returns to the bedroom, and sits down on the bed.

"Buffy. Buffy wake up. I've got breakfast." She says. Buffy moans and opens an eye. She then opens the other one and smiles. She sits up and accepts the soda and lunchables. They eat in comfortable silence. Willow is the first to break the silence.

"So what'll we tell everyone? After all you are going back to school tomorrow and I want to be one of those couples that snuggle and kiss in public." Willow says.

"We'll tell them the truth. I came back and saw you first. We planned a sleepover and after we both got really tired we started dancing. Then one thing lead to another and we admitted our feelings to one another." Buffy says and smiles. Willow smiles back. She leans over and kisses Buffy gently.

"Your mom does know your back, right?" Asks Willow. Buffy chuckles.

"Of course. Who do you think got me back in school?" Answers Buffy.

"Then why are you living in this apartment?" Willow asks.

"Because I have been living on my own for awhile and going back to living with my mom would be to much. Plus the apartment is free, so is the food. And my mom is letting me as long as she has an extra key and the phone number." Buffy answers and grins. The phone rings and Buffy gets up and goes into the living room to answer it. Willow listens.

"Mom.... Yeah.... No they don't know.... Out of town...What note?" Buffy's footsteps. "Found it.... You ok...No, not all slayers are lesbians...Ok, I'll make sure she tells them. Bye mom. Love you too." The sound of the phone being hung up. Buffy walks into the room.

"Apparently my mom stopped by this morning. She walked in and saw us naked in bed together. She looked in the fridge to see if I needed anything and left a note telling me she was here. Oh, she also said that we should tell your parents. She's ok with us being together." Buffy says. Willow blushes with embarrassment. Buffy goes over and lies back down next to Willow. "I love you. And I am glad we are together. While I was gone all I could think about after the guilt faded was you. How I left with no word. How I didn't think to even call or write. And when I had enough money saved from my waitressing job I took the next bus back. It took three days to settle things here before I could get to you. But it was worth it." Buffy says and looks up at Willow to see her crying. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing. I am just so happy." Willow answers and smiles through her tears of joy. "I love you too, Always."

They then went on to have six more years together before Buffy was killed in the line of duty. After Buffy's death Willow became celibate, and shortly after Giles's death two years later, a watcher. She spent a little over thirty years teaching other slayers about duty, and of loyalty to all humanity.

The End