Title: A Higher Power (Conclusion)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
Archive: If you want to go ahead I like to see this little beast find a
home. Just let me know.
Spoilers: I don't know I put them in college because that's where they
are now. (near future)
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy Willow Giles and any others from
BTVS are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy etc. No
infringement of any kind intended.
Notes: Home again
Dedication: For Ivy thanks for your suggestions and encouragement.
If not for them this beast probably would have died long ago. ~A~
Title: A Higher Power
Author: Alex
A gentle warm breeze caressed Willow's face and the rising sun warmed
her body.
She slowly opened her eyes and tried to figure out where she was.
After a few moments disorientation she realized she was laying in the
same grassy clearing where Buffy had fought the vampires and nearly
lost. The same one where Lugh, Brigit, and Morrigan had come for them

"Wow!" Willow said out loud "Did I dream all that?"

"If you did then we both had the same dream." Buffy's voice answered her

  Willow sat up and looked around.

  "If it was a dream we're still having it." Buffy continued "Geez
Wills you're drop dead gorgeous in that dress."

  She looked at what she was wearing, it was the dark green velvet
dress Brigit had given her on their first day.
Willow turned to say something to Buffy but froze when she saw Buffy's
outfit.
  The Slayer was wearing the same black leather tunic blue dress and
boots that Morrigan was wearing the first time Willow had met her.

"Your not so bad yourself my dear." Willow said lecherously

Willow's hand brushed up against something laying in the grass next to
her.
  Upon investigation she found a white ash staff like Lugh carried,
complete with runes and symbols but she could tell he'd made this one
for her by the Willow Knot woven in an intricate pattern around the head
of the staff.
  Next to the staff was a large thick obviously ancient book with a
note sticking out of it. Willow pulled the note out and read it.

This volume should be useful to you and your other, along with the other
things we have given you. I know that when the time comes their meanings
and uses will be made known to you.
Love and care for each other, maybe fate will allow our paths to cross
again in the future.

      With affection
 Brigit

Underneath the signature was a silver swan.

"Wills look at this." Buffy exclaimed showing her friend a neatly folded
pair of soft black leather pants and a pair of long gleaming dirks with
beautifully decorated scabbards,

  She too had found a note, her's was much shorter and in Morrigan's
strong, bold hand.

Slayer,
          Good Hunting.
                                    Morrigan

  "Even when we're not there looking out for us" Buffy said a tear
in her eye. "Man I miss them already."

"Me too" Willow muttered her throat choked with emotion knowing how
difficult it must have been for Morrigan to express even that small
amount of feeling.

Then Buffy remembered the package she had been given. She found it
laying next to the other things.
  Buffy carefully unwrapped it, taking care not to tear the paper.
Inside was a beautifully carved and finished wooden dagger.It's handle
was covered with graceful swirling designs and ended with a jewelled
pommel stone and hilt.
  The three edged blade tapered to a needle sharp point. Willow
opened her package and found two silver rings each set with a
large emerald shaped like a heart.

"My god those are beautiful." Buffy exclaimed when she saw the rings. "I
wonder why they gave those to us."

  "Don't know." Willow answered shrugging her shoulders "but Brigit
said it all has something to do with our destiny and when the time was
right we would know."

  "Well she hasn't been wrong so far." Buffy
agreed "Say I wonder how long we've been gone."

"Don't know but Lugh said two days." Willow answered "You think we'd
better check in with somebody?"

"Oh geez, I forgot all about Giles." Buffy cried
out "We'd best get this stuff together and get our butts over to his
place.
  He's gonna have a stroke when he sees what we brought back."

"Not to mention where we've been." Willow added

"I can't wait to see his face." Buffy chuckled and gave Willow a quick
kiss.

They bundled their gifts in their cloaks then with Buffy carrying that
and Willow carrying her staff they headed off for the ex-watcher's home.

  Giles was beside himself with worry. This was the second day since
Buffy and Willow had disappeared and still no one had heard or seen any
sign of them.
  He clearly remembered that reassuring voice in his head but for
the life of him he could not figure out why he had trusted that voice.
  In an effort to redeem himself, Giles had sent Xander out to see
what he could find around campus, knowing the other kids would talk to
him easier than the would Giles.
  Giles was in the basement armory when he heard someone come in
upstairs. Thinking it might be Xander back with some news he stopped
what he was doing and hurried up the stairs.

  "Really Xander," Giles began as he entered the living room "if
your going to be this long you should call...."

  Giles froze in his tracks, his mouth hanging wide open, Standing
in his living room were the objects of all his concern and worry.

  Buffy and Willow were standing there smiling at him.

  "Buffy, Willow you're here, Where have you...how did you..!" Giles
stammered in surprise and confusion not to mention relief and joy. "Are
you alright?"

  "I'm fine Giles." Buffy reassured him "As for the rest well it'll
have to wait. We just walked all the way over here and we're tired and
thirsty."

The two girls flopped down on the couch next to each other.

"Ah..well..yes I just.." Giles began then stopped himself took a deep
breath and forcibly regained his normal calm composure

"Alright then, you two get comfortable and I will get us some
refreshments."

  His voice may have been calm but his face clearly showed his
anxious confusion.
    He went into the kitchen and began making tea using the time
to get himself completely under control.
He was pouring the tea and composing his thoughts so that he could
properly debrief the girls when his train of thought was interrupted by
the front door slamming open then shut.

  "Hey G-man," came a call from the entry way, "No word yet. You got
anything to eat I'm starved....HEY!, Buffster, Will where the hell have
you been."

  Xander ran over then dove over the couch and landed across the two
girls' laps. He looked up at them and gave them a wide grin.

"Good to see ya'" he announced "Whas-up?"

  Buffy and Willow looked at the boy in their lap and then at each
other, speechless, overwhelmed by his exuberance.
  Xander got up and looked hard at his two best friends looking them
over carefully.

  "Wow where'd ya get the outfits, is Renaissance Fair back in
town." his close friendship with them gave him rights no one else had.

Before they could answer he stopped and looked first into Buffy's eyes
then into Willow's.

  "Alright it's about time." he nearly cheered

  "What is about time?" Giles asked coming out of the kitchen.

He looked over at the three young people, Xander was grinning like a
lottery winner, and both girls were smiling shyly and blushing.

"Buffster got lucky." Xander laughed and grabbed the two girls up into
a bear hug.

"Ugh....Xander please, I can't breath!" Willow protested

"Turn down the cheer boy." Buffy said trying to sound tough and failing
miserably."

"Really Xander." Giles said setting down the tray of drinks "Put them
down right now."

Xander released them and the girls sat back down on he couch.

"Much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Xander" Giles said, once
Xander sat down. "Where have you two been?"

'That's kind of a long story." Buffy began taking Willow's hand. "Wills
is gonna have to start it, cause the last thing I remember is goin' to
the shower.
  Then I woke up in this huge bed."

Nodding to indicate his understanding Giles turned to Willow and waited
for her to start.
  Willow took a long sip of her tea then looked into Giles eyes.

  "I guess to quote a very wise and knowledgable man," Willow began
"The way to spin a tail is start at the beginning..."

  Giles could swear that Willow's dark green eyes were glowing with
a light all their own.
FIN
There you go the end of the matter.
Thinking ofsomething entirely different.
Later
Alex
No matter where you go - there you are.
                   ~Buckaroo