RE:

Erin I think you made so valid points. I have been out so long it is had to
remember not everyone knows I gay. But I still remember the first two years
of coming out.

Now this is going to sound strange and off topic but it does relate. I grew
up in the suburbs of Boulder Co. In a small neighborhood. Everyone knew
everyone. Do something wrong and some one would have already called your
parents before you could make it home.

So everyone knew everyone else's business. Since most of the people in my
neighborhood world for IBM. Noah or CU it was upper middle class.
Class does have a place in our own prejudges hence my including it.
Being the kind of neighborhood people did have affairs from time to time.
Break up the boredom. This made the housewife happy because the had
something to talk about. (I was a child it's my memories.)
When people had affairs it was a bad nasty thing. People whispered about it.
etc etc. The world they used for a person having an affair was lover.
He or she was so and so lover. Not husband or wife or partner. LOVER.

Fast forward. I grow up. (Stop growing) I come out. The PC term for once
love interest was lover. The word Girlfriend was a bad nasty thing and
people frowned when you used it. I know someone at the Gay and Lesbian
center frown at me for using it and gave me a long speech.

Not good when you first come out. The thing was I just come not bring myself
to use the label LOVER. It was a cheap thing you did when you snuck around.
I came out so I didn't have to sneak around.

First point, we choice labels from our life experience. Just because you do
the act doesn't make you the word. I was gay long before I sleep with a
women. (And god do I regret some of the men. Not all some before I found the
right word that fit me.)

Ok Buffy and Willow Gay Bi or Straight with rights to experiment. It depends
on were they are in there life's. Buffy and Willow hook up and ride off into
the sun set. Gay. Everything before null and void. You have to find yourself
before you use labels.
Spend there lives with each but feel Bi. It's there lives sort of.
College who didn't experiment with something. I went through a Somerset
Maugh phase I still haven't lived down.

So big mouth and talk to much but that is my opinion. Really would like to
hear others.