Title: If Destiny Wills (2/?)
Author: Alex
Feedback: Please any comments or suggestions to: keeper444@xxxxxxxxx
Archive: Whatever or whoever Just tell me
Title: If Destiny Wills (2/?)
Author: Alex
       Kresis sat sprawled out comfortably in the custom
made seat of his private jet as it flew steadily northward.
       He was contemplating the latest twist of fate in
his ill fated existence.
Somehow his name had been brought up to the darklord and master
of his kind. The only thing he was certain of was that somehow Hela was
behind it.
        She who had once been his mate had hated him
ever since the council had exiled him instead of having him destroyed,
that made him a loose end and she hated loose ends.
At one time she'd been his co-conspirator in a bid for power but
politics on his home world, Tarsus, were competitive and often deadly
and in the finest tradition of the first circle Hela had betrayed him
and turned him over to his rivels on the council.
She had counted on them destroying him but they had exiled him to
this backward world instead of executing him.
       Now he was on his way back to a gods forsaken place
he hadn't seen since his first unpleasant day on this world.

            <>I've come full circle<> he thought
darkly <>and still I'm not in control of my own life<>

          As his plane streaked through the black
velvet night sky carrying him to his ultimate fate, cursing his mortal
enemy, Hela, and trying to figure out her place in all this.
      His thoughts were interrupted by the voice of his
human pilot coming over the intercom.

       "We are getting ready to land Lord Kresis." the
voice said Are there any further instructions?"

       "Just land this blasted thing." Kresis said
irritably "We should be expected, those fools on the ground are to be
ready."

      <>These humans have no imagination, they're only good
for servants or food<>he thought disgusted<>One way or another i ends
here<>
         Willow was beside herself with frustration,
her mother was slowly turning a supposedly simple wedding into a major
social event.
         Every time she turned around her mother was
there making changes of some kind or another.
        Buffy's mother was a little better but not much,
it was Giles theory that both women were trying to make up for whatever
past mistakes they'd made by overcompensating with the wedding
arrangements.
       One of their major skirmishes had been over Willow
and Buffy's choices for their wedding party.
       Willow's mother had wanted them to have Willow's
cousins as bridesmaids but on this one they had stood firm.
       Willow was going to have Xander as her best man (or
man of honor, as Willow put it.) and Buffy was going to have Cordilia as
her maid of honor and Giles was giving her away.
They decided that since Willow had 'popped the question' Buffy
was the one to be given away.
       Joyce had tried for several days to reach Buffy's
father and when she finally did reach him, he refused to even attend the
ceremony let alone be involved in it, he didn't want to as he put it
"participate in another of his daughter's mistakes".
It tore her mother's heart out to tell her daughter, but Buffy had
already figured on his reaction after the way he'd taken the news of her
'coming out'.
      Since Giles had been more like a father to her over
the years since she'd moved to Sunnydale she said that she would rather
have him there anyway but Joyce could see the hurt she tried to hide and
she silently cursed the man for his insensitivity.
      Buffy told the others that after he'd left her mother
she really didn't know him anymore, and since then he had become a
stranger with credit cards.
      Willow and Buffy invited Xander and Cordilia over for
dinner to ask them to join the wedding party.
       Xander had been easy he just stared for a minute
then sputtered out a yes of course.
      Cordilia's reaction had them puzzled however. When
Buffy asked her to be her maid of honor, Cordilia had burst into tears
and collapsed to the living room floor
    Willow sat down on the floor next to her while, Buffy
forcefully ushered a confused Xander out of the room. She put her arm
around the weeping girl's shoulders.

      "What's wrong Cordy?" Willow asked softly "Is it
something we did? Xander? What?"

       She couldn't seem to stop crying but she held her
hand up and shook her head. Buffy returned carrying three glasses and
two bottles of wine.

      "I gave Xander a tray full of cocktail wieners and a
six pack and told him to go bother Giles for a while." Buffy said as she
sat down on the other side of Cordilia "I told him we had some girl type
issues to work out, he couldn't get out of here fast enough. Is it me or
does Xander seem to be getting smarter every day?"

     They all three laughed

    "Now" Buffy said focusing her attention on the still sobbing
girl between them. "What's the matter with our little queen C.here?"

    "Don't know" Willow said with a shrug "All she's done is
cry."

     Buffy poured three glasses of red wine and handed Willow
and Cordilia each one. Cordilia took a sip and after a second began to
explain her reaction

     "I-I'm s-sorry," she began "It's just...well...I know you
guys didn't really like me before, even when I was dating Xander in high
school.
    I knew you only excepted me because of him.
      So when I left for LA with all my big plans and then
came back a failure I was sure you'd treat me like I treated you in
school, I knew I deserved it especially from you, Willow.
      Then Xander took me back,he never even talks about LA
or asks me what happened, he just says he's glad I'm back and that he
feels lucky I still wanted him.       Then you guys have
been so nice about everything even when I run my stupid mouth without
thinking.
       Now you want me to be a part of the most important
day of your I'm just so overwhelmed and happy.
      I don't know how to thank you."

      "If you want to thank me then please step in and do
your famous Cordy party planner, maid of honor from hell thing," Buffy
said as she refilled their glasses for the third time " I love my mother
but she's driving me nuts and so is Wills' mom,
So what we need you to do is to get between us and our moms."

     "Look Cordy," Willow explained "I want you to understand,
we love you and we know how hard you've worked to create the new user
friendly Cordilia and we really don't want you to change if you don't
want to, but what we need right now is the good old take charge Queen C.
like in high school. You know what I mean we need you..."

     "To be a bitch." Cordilia finished calling herself what
she kew Willow was too nice to.

       Buffy and Willow looked at each other and smiled
then drained their glasses each hoping they weren't recreating a
monster.

       "Well for lack of a better term," Willow began as
Buffy refilled their glasses "Yes, we want you to be a bitch, but in a
good way."

       "Yeah Cordy you know," Buffy took over "use your
powers for good and not for some skanky evil."

        They spent the rest evening finishing off the
wine and making plans not only for the wedding but for the future as
well.         By the time Giles had had enough of Xander
and sent him back to Willow and Buffy's, the three girls were more than
a little tipsy. Cordilia and Xander ended up spending the night in the
girl's spare bedroom and in the morning the dreaded and widely feared
Queen C. appeared and tool over control of the wedding plans.
            The black skinned demon entered his
mistress' private quarters and found her still sleeping.
        Next to her on the bed was the nude form of a
once very pretty, young, dark haired girl. her once flawlessly soft skin
now covered with cuts and bite marks all still oozing blood.
Her dark brown eyes open and starring blankly at the ceiling, a
line of drool seeped from the corner of her swollen battered and
bleeding lips, a pool of blood had formed between her wide spread legs.

     "It is time to leave your grace." the demon said "The
vehicle is here to take us to the plane."

      She stretched and smiled at her loyal pet, then she
sat up and looked down at he catatonic girl next to her.
          She ran her fingers down the girls abused
and tortured body her razor sharp talons leaving thin trails of blood to
mark their passage.

       "Sooo pretty but oh so fragile." she mused then
plunged her hand into the nameless girl's chest and pulled it out
holding her still beating heart.

     The female took a large bite of the warm quivering organ.

     "They are delicious though." she laughed as she chewed
slowly relishing the unique flavor. she pointed to the body with her
free hand, "The rest is yours."

    "You are too kind your grace." he said pulling the rapidly
cooling corpse from the bed.

        He knelt and began tearing the flesh from the
girl's body, and loudly enjoying his feast as only his kind could.
       She pulled a bell cord an licked the blood from her
fingers while she waited for one of the human servants.
      A huge muscular Latino man entered the room. He paled
visibly at the sight and sounds of the demon tearing and consuming human
flesh.

       "Yes Countess Hela," the man said softly trying
hard not to be sick.

      "We are leaving, Max." she said "Close this place up
and join us
in Sunnydale."

       She reached out and ran a bloody talon down his
cheek looking deep into his big brown eyes with her glowing red ones,
causing him to shiver in terror. "Don't take so long that I have to come
back here and fetch you, I promise that wouldn't be pleasant."

      "As you wish Countess." the man said fear filling his
voice, he didn't for a second doubt her threat.

      "Hurry up pet." she said over her shoulder after the
servant left "I'm sure none of us will go hungry in Sunnydale."

       The sickening sounds of the demon feasting and
Countess Hela's shrill maniacal laughter filled the mansion.
End part 2
tbc
More later I swear.
~A~

No matter where you go - there you are.
   ~Buckaroo Bonzai~
The second worst tragedy in the world:
Not getting everything yo want.
The worst tragedy in the world:
Getting it. ~Oscar Wilde~
Life is a lingering disease that ultimately ends in death.