Re:

At 01:56 PM 2/9/00 -0800, you wrote:
>From: Erin <erin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>On Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:51:21 -0500 , you wrote:
>
>I'd be interested in what people think here about the whole
>lesbian/bisexual angle. In specific, I have a couple questions I'd
>like to see people's reactions to.
>
>If you accept canon, Willow and Buffy would be *at most* bisexual.
>You can depart from canon and say that Xander, Oz, Angel, etc. didn't
>really mean anything, which is fine, but if you were interested in a
>mostly-canonical story, they would probably be bi. This having been
>said:

Hmmm... personally, I'd say that Buffy is bi and Willow is a lesbian. This
is of course assuming that Buffy and Willow end up together. My reasoning
for this, Buffy's relationship with Angel was too real, in the emotional she
really loved/lusted after him sense for it to have been an experiment or
just confusion over her own sexuality. Ending up with Willow would make her
bi. Willow on the other hand, was with Oz more because he was the first
person who wanted her than anything else. At least that's what I think. I
don't think that was so much an expression of her own sexuality as it was
her need to be loved. That Oz was male wouldn't have made a difference to
her at that point in her life. With more confidence in herself, I think
she'll turn out to be lesbian rather than bi.

>-Would you call a Buffy/Willow relationship a "lesbian relationship",
>considering neither are lesbian?

Well, I'd call it a "lesbian relationship" mostly because it's a pain in the
butt to always be explaining that it's really a bi/lesbian relationship.

>-Would you consider either Buffy or Willow to be "gay"? Is this a term
>you consider to be associated with lesbians, bisexuals, or both?

Hmmm... I'm bi, and I usually identify myself as bi rather than gay so I'd
have to say that I separate the terms.

>-How likely would B/W be to use labels like bisexual, gay, lesbian,
>etc.? It has been my experience that labels can be very important to
>people who are trying to come to grips with alternative sexuality, and
>also people who are very outspoken and proud of it.

Now this one I can't answer. Labels are very important to some people,
while others avoid them like the plague. How you label yourself is very
much an individual choice.

>I'm just curious to see what other people here think about this.
>
>Erin

Well I thought, and sprained a brain cell. I think I'll just go read fic to
recover.

tater (Vegetables of the world unite!)