RE: FIC: TT&T (Chapter 15: Fireworks Delayed)

Can't wait to read the rest of this!

-----Original Message-----
From: cilia [mailto:cilia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 6:36 PM
To: buffyloveswillow; buffywantswillow
Subject: [buffywantswillow] FIC: TT&T (Chapter 15: Fireworks Delayed)

From: "cilia" <cilia@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey all!

Well it's here read it. The plot is explained and the grand finale is only
two chapters away.
1. Joyce tries to attack Giles, big mistake.
2. Meeting time.

NOTE: This is an slow chapter (I think so at least), I'm building up for the
grand finale here so be patient, plus the plot and sub-plots have gotten a
little out of hand, but we like that right? :-)

After this: Now in chapter 16, I'll deal with the whole Stjar'a/Cordelia
mess I've created then after that it's Slugfest 2000 as three forces will
attack the gang with little time in between so look out for a beaten and
battered Scooby Gang, if internal fighting doesn't tear them apart first,
coming soon to e-mail close to you. Also someone will die!

Enjoy!

Stefan Cilia

Through Thick and Thin
Cilia

Chapter 15: Fireworks Delayed

"Mom!" Buffy exclaimed as she saw her mom standing on the back-porch. She'd
just said yes and Willow had just placed a silver band on her finger.
"Ms. Summers." Willow began, but then Cordelia came running past Joyce.
Willow reached out and stopped her.
"Cordy what is it, what's wrong?" Willow asked ignoring Joyce's glare. She
noticed Cordelia's swollen lips and disheveled hair.
"Stjar'a?" She asked and Cordelia nodded.
"We'll talk later okay." Willow said as she let go of Cordelia's hand and
the girl ran for the large tress at the end of the yard.
Buffy was stood up and ignored it when Stjar'a ran past her.
"Mom I'm so sorry you had to hear about this from Spike." Buffy said in low
voice as her hand went to her stomach.
"Thank heavens I'm not to late." Spike explained as he burst onto the porch.
He'd just heard Amy's story and then handed the girl to Luna, before rushing
after Joyce.
"Spike?" Both Willow and Buffy asked in amazement.
"Long story." He said with a gesture of hand before turning to Joyce. "Mum
why don't we go inside and put the kettle on and talk about this." Spike
suggested. "I mean what would you gain from gutting Red here, assuming of
course that you would get with in three feet of her."
"Spike shut up!" Joyce said.
"You think this is Willow's fault?" Buffy asked.
"She is the." Joyce paused. ".father and the witch isn't she."
"I can't believe you would ever think that." Buffy was fuming, but Willow
placed a calming hand on her shoulder.
"Willow is not to blame." Came the calm voice of Giles as he stepped onto
the porch.
"And here comes the Watcher the man who's supposed to guard her." Joyce
said.
"This was beyond my domain. If the Slayer wants to get pregnant I have no
say in it."
"You sorry son of." Joyce said as she drew the sword, but Giles counted with
his own.
"Joyce you're not thinking straight." He said and the last thing she before
everything went black was his fist.
"Spike what happen to her?" Giles asked as he sheathed the flaming sword and
his own before picking her up.
"Lets go inside first shall we this could take a while." Spike said.
"What about them?" Giles said and looked out at Stjar'a and Cordelia.
"They need to work some things out?" Buffy said as she took Willow's hand
and walked inside.
"Nice ring?" Spike said with a grin.
"Thanks." Buffy said with a smile.

Once seated around the table in the basement. Amy and Wesley sitting as far
away as possible, Anya and Al'x together along with Angel who'd returned to
the basement. Willow and Buffy held hands under the table. Faith sat between
Giles and Spike, while Joyce had been placed on the couch as Luna watched
over her. Czar stood in the shadows. On the table lay Joyce's sword, the
disk of destiny and a volume of the Codex.
"So Spike what's the deal with you and Ms. S.?" Faith asked after having
inspected Joyce's outfit.
"We found a being of a Higher Power at the Temple of the Sun." Spike
started.
"We'll actually William released it." Czar cut in.
"Found, released what's the difference? Now the prophecy promised a rebirth
and a transformation."
"It gave William eternal life without the normal boundaries." Luna said from
the couch.
"So you have a soul now?" Angel asked..
"No I don't think so, it's just that the thirst is gone." Spike explained.
"And my mom got transformed into what?" Buffy asked.
"The Beings avatar on this plane?" Al'x answered.
"How can you be sure?" Willow asked.
"When we were fighting the demons in New York, we found out three things.
One That a Slayer was pregnant." He said and gestured to Buffy.
"Two that there was new major player in the game." He motioned to Spike.
"And third that an new avatar of the higher planes had emerged." He looked
over to Joyce.
"So my mom is what now?" Buffy asked.
"I'm the avatar of fire, the creator and the destroyer." Joyce mumbled, but
her eyes remained closed.
"That clears that up then." Anya stated.
"So what to we do next?" Buffy asked.
"We prepare." Giles said.
"We train." Al'x said.
"We plan." Spike stated.
"We find the deepest hole we know about and crawl into it." Anya said and
got glared at.
"What exactly are we up against?" Luna asked calmly.
"I agree with Lady Argent." Czar said. "What exactly are we fighting?"
Giles stood and cleared his throat.
"Two factions are at play here. The first seek this." He said and held up
the disk. "The disk of destiny. We don't know their name, but we to now that
their numbers are impressive and they're obviously a demon worshipping cult
of one sort or another." Giles said and paused.
"While the other is the gathering of various demons and individuals calling
themselves the Sect, they seek the destruction of Buffy's and Willow's
unborn child."
There was silence until Al'x cleared his throat.
"Al'x you have something to add?" Giles asked. Al'x stood up.
"Even the truth has its time." He said. "I've not been completely honest
with you all." He began. "There are alternative motives behind my return. I
was sent here to one observe, two pick out likely candidates and third
persuade them to return with me."
"You what?" Buffy asked as she half stood, but Willow calmed her.
"I was sent here to acquire soldiers, no commanders. The King is planning a
campaign against forces that seek to destroy the kingdom."
"And this concerns us how?" Spike asked calmly.
"I didn't not enter this realm alone. There are forces that seek my
destruction and will not hesitate destroying you in the process of that."
"And you were going to tell us this when?" Buffy asked.
"You weren't supposed to find out. I was going to go to New York with Angel
and then I was going to approach those I've selected, but as soon as I heard
Buffy was with child my plans changed."
"So you're staying?" Willow asked.
"Yes, I owe it Stjar'a now. I can't ask her to leave." He said. "But I can't
place you at risk either."
"Al'x we're at risk every single day." Faith said in matter of fact tone.
"I know, but this is my fight not yours." He stated.
"I said that once long ago. Didn't I?" Buffy stated.
"And people got killed." Al'x stated.
"Al'x, Xander, we'll stand beside you. Like it or not." Willow stated and
the resolve face appeared.
"Then who am I to protest."
The sword disappeared of the table.
"What the."
"This belongs to me." Joyce stated as she stood holding the sword.

$10 Savings on Pet Valentine Gifts.
Looking for that pet-perfect Valentine's Day gift?
Click here for $10 off purchases of $25 or more.